BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnley Home Game

Yeah, same here. The Blackburn game isn't a big game. It's the games against our main rivals in the 'Big 4' which really matter. We don't care really, it's all a minor distraction, nothing more.

** REPEAT UNTIL BELIEVED **

Yes it is. Facht (in a Benitez stylee)

Hmm... Actually, I didn't say the first bit. You said it. We're looking forward to the derby because it is the derby against you lot but otherwise we really don't give a crap about Burnley.

On the second one. Staying up is much more of an achievement than getting there, that is a fact.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Some of us are looking forward to the derby match but otherwise we don't give a crap about Burnley and we're neither envious, scared or think that any credit is actually due. Credit will be due if you stay up, getting there is not that big an achievement.

Ivan - for a club their side its a huge achievement. I'm surprised you think differently.

Granted, 10 games and 10 losses in to next season that achievement will be well and truly forgotten, but for now they deserve the pat on the back.

Ivan - for a club their side its a huge achievement. I'm surprised you think differently.

Granted, 10 games and 10 losses in to next season that achievement will be well and truly forgotten, but for now they deserve the pat on the back.

It's an achievement but staying up would be much more of one. If they do that I will give them all the credit because they'll deserve it.

Yeah, same here. The Blackburn game isn't a big game. It's the games against our main rivals in the 'Big 4' which really matter. We don't care really, it's all a minor distraction, nothing more.

** REPEAT UNTIL BELIEVED **

Yes it is. Facht (in a Benitez stylee)

Sam, when I started this thread, I asked for sensible discussion.

Your were doing alright until you got past the word "rivals".

"Rivals" suggest that there has been recent constant competition between the teams, and that the rivalry is "reciprocated". I'd ask you to check with any fan of the "top 4" and ask them as to whether they consider Bumley as a "rival". Your teams rivals , to date, in the Prem are Wolves, and Brum, not even the Rovers.

Your discussion got worse as soon as you hit the * key.

Along with the rest of the rovers supporters on here, I consider you more than welcome, but, it is on the premis that you make sensible posts, as Yorksclaret and longsiders do.

If you want to be funny, check out Cool Claret, I'm sure she'll give you some tips.

"Rivals" suggest that there has been recent constant competition between the teams, and that the rivalry is "reciprocated". I'd ask you to check with any fan of the "top 4" and ask them as to whether they consider Bumley as a "rival". Your teams rivals , to date, in the Prem are Wolves, and Brum, not even the Rovers.

Whoooosh.

Just remember you're up against a team who've spent 3 and a half of the last 4 seasons consistently producing top 10 form. The only time we havent done so was under Ince.

A whole season of Allardyce would have seen us around 20 points from the drop zone.

The same drop zone you'll be battling like hell to get out of.

The other thing that the premiership clubs will have to realise about Burnley is that

1) It still has a hooligan firm

2) Its the strong hold of the BNP which probably means there will be some pillocks shouting racist remarks

3) Its the 3rd most deprived area in Britain so it will be like going back 1970's.

4) Its got plenty of dark back alleys that iam sure will be perfect in a dingles eyes for a fan beatings

How blinkered.

1. As do Man U, Liverpool, West Ham etc etc etc.

2. Is it really? Now that is an interesting thought. It maybe true yet in some areas of Blackburn they polled 30% of the vote in the 2007 elections - hardly a hot bed of tolerance are you? They also polled more votes than Burnley in parts of the Midlands and Kent

3. An the great area that is Blackburn? I could not find a list of the deprived areas to confirm your assertion but I'm willing to bet you are very close on that list.

4. Having read numerous posts on here about how Blackburn used to always beat the crap out of Burnley fans, never lost a ruck with Burnley fans and generally spanked Burnley fans everytime we encountered each other I'm amazed yo have the cheek.

I always find it amazing that you can view Blackburn as some sort of Metropolis. It has at least as many rough areas as Burnley and very little more going for it than Burnley.

How blinkered.

1. As do Man U, Liverpool, West Ham etc etc etc.

2. Is it really? Now that is an interesting thought. It maybe true yet in some areas of Blackburn they polled 30% of the vote in the 2007 elections - hardly a hot bed of tolerance are you? They also polled more votes than Burnley in parts of the Midlands and Kent

3. An the great area that is Blackburn? I could not find a list of the deprived areas to confirm your assertion but I'm willing to bet you are very close on that list.

4. Having read numerous posts on here about how Blackburn used to always beat the crap out of Burnley fans, never lost a ruck with Burnley fans and generally spanked Burnley fans everytime we encountered each other I'm amazed yo have the cheek.

I always find it amazing that you can view Blackburn as some sort of Metropolis. It has at least as many rough areas as Burnley and very little more going for it than Burnley.

To be honest, comments about the towns and which is best smacks of whose Dad has the biggest willy and in reality neither town is that great but I've been to worse places. This should be more about the football teams rather than the towns and the hooligan element is still there but in a much reduced capacity (thank god).

To be honest, comments about the towns and which is best smacks of whose Dad has the biggest willy

Don't go there Ivan, the Dingles will be well placed to make such statements.......

Christ this is childish and boring drivel now. Some folks need to grow up.

Spot on Gord - can't wait for the Derby games next season - propoer football/ real atmosphere and a removal all things sterile !

For what its worth i think the clarrots wil stay in the prem for 3 seasons.........................................

AUTUMN, WINTER, AND SPRING.

burnley fans seem to have the impression that we're scared of them. i'm sure there are some who are, due to their reputation, but the vaste majority couldn't give a fiddlers vadge. we generally won't go looking for it, but are quite capable of sticking up for ourselves. it's not like Burnley folk are all 6footers and we're all dwarves!

Shame as well Gord, because there is an interesting debate to be had. Having two Burnley topics running side by side doesn't help either.

Aye.

We need the fixture list out so it all becomes a bit more real. You've probably long forgotten since you first went up, but it seems bizarre thinking of some of the games we'll be hosting down t'Turf next season after years in the wilderness.

I hope the football's an improvement on the last time we both met... and the result. Those two cup games provided some of the dullest football I've seen, particularly the game at the Turf. I'd accept we were mostly to blame for that, determined not to lose, we parked the bus.

I wouldn't imagine us trying that again. It could be quite a game this time round.

Aye.

We need the fixture list out so it all becomes a bit more real. You've probably long forgotten since you first went up, but it seems bizarre thinking of some of the games we'll be hosting down t'Turf next season after years in the wilderness.

I hope the football's an improvement on the last time we both met... and the result. Those two cup games provided some of the dullest football I've seen, particularly the game at the Turf. I'd accept we were mostly to blame for that, determined not to lose, we parked the bus.

I wouldn't imagine us trying that again. It could be quite a game this time round.

Despite your earlier postings, you seem to have now taken the hint and decided to make a meaningful contribution.

This, Sam, is what is needed, not pointless needling.

I've got no problem with Bumley, my late Father in Law was a big supporter of theirs, and I welcome their addition to the ranks of the premier league. It's just that I don't wish you well here (the PL, that is).

As for your "whoosh" comment, it didn't go over my head, rather it was you that couldn't see the more subtle irony, when it stared you from your monitor, and for jonnolad, well.......

This, Sam, is what is needed, not pointless needling.

I've got no problem with Bumley

:lol:

To be fair Dave, I'm the most reasonable poster on this thread, and the other one.

The dreary, endless inbred/yokel guff and the Beavis and Butthead giggling which follows is not my work, surprisingly.

I yearn to reach your standards of sensibility. You are a behemoth of reason and debate.

Just found this article about it all. Facts & Figures here

According to that article, "...Kilby also wants the club to buy back the ground from him, which he owns, for £3.2m..."

I doubt very much a property acquired at the height of the market would be worth anything like that amount given the near 50% drop in commercial property prices since last year.

Aye.

Who are you?

What have you done with the real SamDingle?

Sam [or any Burnley fan] - how much will it take to keep you in the Prem, and what are the priority positions?

Who would you like to be signing i.e. names? Do you see your club vying with rovers for players?

Archived