BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnley Home Game

I'm glad this liberal resident of his leafy London suburb is taking offence at something he knows nothing about in a town he'll never visit, based on very little, on behalf of people he doesn't know and who don't care anywhere near as much as him.

Get back to your lentils and recycling your turds, Mr Abbott.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you know I think if every Black person who lived in Burnley went on the turf I don't think there would more than 20. In terms of the support from the Pakistani origin community, as already alluded to that is a complex issue for many many clubs though there was a reasonable smattering at Wembley and even more for the welcome home parade so just maybe we will see a few more visitors from this section of the community next season.

As for the coin throwing comments - they are laughable, it happened once, it was an outrage and I hope it never happens again but it had nothing whatsoever to do with the players colour.

I'm not saying we are without potential problens in this area but that letter is a joke.

Now onto the real stuff. I'm not sure which Burnley fans 'think we are going to win the league'. We are of course very excited as I am sure you can appreciate - some of you will remember Rovers struggling in Div 2 and then getting into the top flight for the first time in a long long time. We are not overly optimistic in the main, more hope and blind faith in the manager than anything - if he could get us up with almost the smallest budget in the Championship maybe he can keep us up with the same in the Prem - yeah unlikely I know but I can dream until January.

You and Sam keep dreaming.

We realised our dream in 1992 and its been a long long ride, full of glory, heartache and more glory, with the added bit of antagonism and dread of the drop.

Now dingles, you may well be excited but you need to realise just what a brand new world your lot are entering.

Big and massive stadiums, quality players, high pressure football, win at all cost football.

Your in for pain, heartache and joy, all mixed and all at the same time.

Enjoy it whilst you can becasue for me, being a Rover, I want you to fail miserably, I want to see you destroyed at Ewood (and will I may add) and I want to witness again 18000 dingles leaving the turd with faces longer than the day you all set foot on this earth.

At the same time, just think on that being in the Premiership means that you become high profile. I am not too sure that some of your fans will register that fact. Lets hope dixie dingle learned his lesson from invading the pitch versus Rovers and in trying to take on the whole Rovers team, it just wont be acceptable.

Enjoy the ride but remember take the pain, because its coming around again. :brfcsmilie::brfcsmilie:

I'm glad this liberal resident of his leafy London suburb is taking offence at something he knows nothing about in a town he'll never visit, based on very little, on behalf of people he doesn't know and who don't care anywhere near as much as him.

Sam Dingle indeed.

Interesting news....

Due to the deterioration of the David Fishwick (Cricket Field) Stand, and the possibility that we will need to do some work on the area, or start work on the new 'auditorium-style stand', we cannot guarantee this stand will be available to visiting supporters for the whole of the 2009/10 season. After consultation with the police and our ground safety advisors, the best alternative location for these supporters is considered to be a section of the James Hargreaves Stand. Season tickets in this area will therefore only be sold on the basis that supporters may need to vacate this area for all or part of the season. In the event that supporters are asked to move, the club will upgrade season tickets for this area.

You really have to ask the question are Burnley ready for all that is about to come their way next season? :unsure:

Should make for some real fun and games next season at the Tiny Turf!!

They are up there to be sniped at now and will be experiencing a little taste of what we have had to put up with since 1992.

Just as an aside, if the worst happens for Burnley and they are relegated, will Barry Kilby decline the parachute payment he was moaning about other clubs getting around this time last year?

Interesting news....

Due to the deterioration of the David Fishwick (Cricket Field) Stand, and the possibility that we will need to do some work on the area, or start work on the new 'auditorium-style stand', we cannot guarantee this stand will be available to visiting supporters for the whole of the 2009/10 season. After consultation with the police and our ground safety advisors, the best alternative location for these supporters is considered to be a section of the James Hargreaves Stand. Season tickets in this area will therefore only be sold on the basis that supporters may need to vacate this area for all or part of the season. In the event that supporters are asked to move, the club will upgrade season tickets for this area.

You really have to ask the question are Burnley ready for all that is about to come their way next season? :unsure:

Which is the JH Stand? How many does that one hold?

What a joke of a club. So how many season tickets can they actually sell then if they 'might' have to give the JH stand to away fans as the Fishwick might be closed??

Guest benmaxwell

They should be fined by the Premier League if that happens. Not only would the Premier League be missing out. But they would be admitting fans to a unsafe stand.

As stand doesn't go from being perfectly safe, to iffy within the space of 6-12 months... :unsure:

They should be fined by the Premier League if that happens. Not only would the Premier League be missing out. But they would be admitting fans to a unsafe stand.

As stand doesn't go from being perfectly safe, to iffy within the space of 6-12 months... :unsure:

You've all gone soft.

The Premier League needs Burnley.

The difference is we don't give a toss.

Clearly.......

And hows that different from haggis eating foreigner taking over a dirty northern town club then numpty? (Rhetorically speaking of course)

as you needed Jacks 200 million to sort out your sh!t ground as well, of course we need the money, who doesn't in modern football?

Ah now I see. Thats how you're the best supported club in Yorkshire - you multiply everything by four. Must come from having those extra fingers.! :lol:

You've all gone soft.

The Premier League needs Burnley.

Ah - now this is true seeing as we've no barcodes to laugh at.

Interesting news....

Surely that's the understatement of the milleniium - ranks alongside 'The American Navy has been defeated.' and 'We've captured Stalingrad you know.'

Guest benmaxwell
as you needed Jacks 200 million to sort out your sh!t ground as well, of course we need the money, who doesn't in modern football?

Ouch! Still bitter after 20 years!! :lol:

Longsiders, you're better than that.

Everyone knows you need money in the prem, and it's not every team that has a supporter like Jack. Has there been one to match him?

The game has changed, and for mine, it's changed in a bad way, but that's the rub, we got lucky in some respects, but don't put us down because we got lucky, eh.

The difference is we don't give a toss.

Clearly.......

Sorry Spoony, I should clarify.

I do give a toss about being branded racist by some soil eating t**t in Islington who still believes dragons roam around 'The North'.

What I don't care about is the small town / crap ground baloney. I revel in that stuff. I can't wait for Ronaldo, Torres et al to see the miniscule changing rooms and the communal baths. The prawn sandwich brigade to take their place in the wooden seats and crumbling asbestos. The endless panoramic shots of terrace streets and disused factories on MoTD.

Like I say, the Premier League needs us.

Sorry Spoony, I should clarify.

I do give a toss about being branded racist by some soil eating t**t in Islington who still believes dragons roam around 'The North'.

What I don't care about is the small town / crap ground baloney. I revel in that stuff. I can't wait for Ronaldo, Torres et al to see the miniscule changing rooms and the communal baths. The prawn sandwich brigade to take their place in the wooden seats and crumbling asbestos. The endless panoramic shots of terrace streets and disused factories on MoTD.

Like I say, the Premier League needs us.

That's better, Sam.

That's they way it should be.

The problem is, getting it over to our southern bretheren.

Longsiders, you're better than that.

Everyone knows you need money in the prem, and it's not every team that has a supporter like Jack. Has there been one to match him?

The game has changed, and for mine, it's changed in a bad way, but that's the rub, we got lucky in some respects, but don't put us down because we got lucky, eh.

Not putting you down Dave - simply pointing out to the poster who said we need the Prem money to sort our ground out that you were once in exactly the same position and then along came Jack and it all changed. Unlike one poster suggested, I'm not at all bitter, slightly envious maybe but never bitter. It just seems rich for any Blackburn fan to point to any clubs need for investment after the ride Jack took you with his money.

I must say, I'm really happy that Burnley have been promoted. I actually found myself punching the air when the final whistle went in the playoff final. Our rivalry has been almost non-existent in recent times but, finally, we will get to play each other in the Premier League.

Personally, I feel that Burnley will struggle next season. Coyle looks a very promising manager but I think Burnley fans will be the first to admit that the squad needs some serious strengthening and I'm not sure that the right kinda money is available.

With Sam in charge and things appearing to be going in the right direction, I think we can expect to finish the higher of the two clubs.

Out of interest, have Burnley been linked with many players as yet? If so, of what kinda standard are they? Anybody exciting?

Archived