BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnley Home Game

SRW actually has a point here, he's just not very good at explaining it.

It is possible to find good players for £400k, just like we did with Samba. No reason to suggest Burnley can't do the same.

Thats what the facecomber is getting at.

Well its quite obvious to anyone with half a brain, which seems to be just myself and you on here.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the time in the season when we play them will be pretty significant. I can see Burnley putting a good run of form together at some point next season, maybe less spectacularly than Hulls or Wigans in their first season, but good enough to be beating teams of such quality that they really have no right to be beating (like they did in the cup run). Provided we don't meet them when they have some real momentum behind them (because at some point, they'll definately have bad patches) then I think we can be very confident about beating them.

To say any Rovers fans are terrorfied of Burnley for me is jumping the gun. We realise that it is likely to be a different proposition that other recent meetings, and Coyle has done very well to get Burnley in the Prem, but the facts remain that come kick off on the opening day we will have a significantly better side, and I still think we'll be favourites to take at least 4 if not 6 points from the Derbies next year.

£ !0 million on players- that would get them Santa Cruz's good leg.

Has nobody looked at the extra in wages, £1,000,000 if they manage to hold on to Coyle, double wages for the rest and then the wages of the new signings, who if they are top players are going to play premiership foot ball for less than £17,000

to £25,000 per week?? remember Rovers have to reduce £5,000,000 off the wage bill :rolleyes:

Thats only 5 players on £25,000 per week and top earners earn much more so my guess is that Burnley will have 23 players on a minimum of £18,000 per week which in wages alone would be £16,800,000 - if you think this is a bit OTT

Gallagher is supposedly on £15,000 so I may be quite low on this figure, so £10,000,000 players, 16,800,000 wages,

1,000,000 to Coyle (Bonus) £2,000,000 free tickets and we are close on £30,000,000 (the reputed £60,000,000 is based on a two year package) so the money has virtually disappeared !!

We have not allowed for NHI Contributions, match day expenses, ground upkeep repairs and renewals, hotels and away travel for the team, League entry fees, proffessional charges etc etc!!

All these linked together show why prem clubs apart from the odd few struggle to survive and why Newcastle have to cut Staff by 50% after relegation, likewise an increase of 50% if you get promotion to the premiership, its costly and unless successful you can struggle.

Well its quite obvious to anyone with half a brain, which seems to be just myself and you on here.

Ranulf, it wouldn't have surprised me or anyone if it was used as a dig at Rovers/Samba :!:

So you admit that you've only got half a brain then.

Excellent! We've made progress!

You're half right.

Looks like you've made a new dingle friend, T4E!

This thread is excellent, so good in fact I just sent a link to Andy Payton.

You might want to add some pictures so he can follow it.

It shows that a good percentage of you are absoultely scared stiff at the prospect of facing a much rejuvinated Claret side under the stewardship of O.C.

This is absolutely hilarious, is this for real? Most Rovers fans I know are relishing the prospect of seeing the Dingles getting an absolute pasting... Again!

It shows that a good percentage of you really envy the football being played by Burnley at the moment.

It gets funnier. What? C'mon this is a wind up. Did you watch the same match as me against Sheffield Utd? SU were awful but Burnley weren't great either. Bring that to the Premiership and you're down by Christmas. Awful match. I'd say Sheffield Utd lost it rather than Burnley won it they were that bad. I don't think any team ever will gain passage to the Premiership quite so easily as you lot have. And you only won by one goal! And they had a man sent off!

It shows that a good percentage of you cannot give credit where credits due.

You're still on the sauce aren't you, you must be.

Let's hope Rovers improve their squad enough to give us a game next season, hoofing it up to Samba will not cut it against Burnley.

You absolute tool, you really have no concept where you are do you. I remember these half-witted ramblings the last few games we played Burnley. Rovers kept quiet and took all the stick that was given in the local press. We're going to do this, we're going to do that. What happened? You were slaughtered, embarassed... You even smashed your own town centre up in frustration.

No need.

Stats for last season.

Tugay...cracking player but 38...played in about half of the games...1 goal.

Alexander...cracking player but 37...played in every game...11 goals.

Huh? Whats the stats for the last 15 years between Toogs and Alexander including internationals? 1 season says nothing, jeez Nixon is there no other Burnley player worth comparing with Tugay? Reid, Zurab, Mokoena, Derbs and even Roberts would slot right into that team. our focus should once again be top 10 and Europe. This little arguing with these guys are stupid, because they in the EPL after 30 odd years of trying. Ask any sensible person, our record is incredible compared with the Dingles for the last 15 years.

Ask any sensible person, our record is incredible compared with the Dingles for the last 15 years.

I'm hearing this a lot. That and the 30 years bit.

When we next play, the score starts at 0-0 and all that stuff counts for nothing.

Let's just put this all into perspective.

Rovers are a side who were a top 10 side for the three seasons before this season, and had top 10 form for the more than half a season after Sam joined the club. The only extended period when we haven't had top 10 league form in the past four years was under the stewardship of Paul Ince...who is long gone. The indications are that we're going to make significant improvements to the squad this summer from what is already a top 10 side.

We also had a whopping 13 points more than the bottom 3 over those 21 games, which extrapolated over a season means we can reasonably expect to be well over 20 points clear of the relegation spots if everything stays the same next season. And since no significant players over that 21 game run are set to leave (RSC played little part - his departure would be a massive bonus as itd free up cash), it's unlikely things are going to get much worse than that form for us next season.

Just to repeat again - the sort of form over more than half a season under our current manager that would see us more than 20 points away from 18th.

Burnley are a side who have just been promoted. Unlike Rovers in 2001 who had multiple talents such as Brad Friedel, Damien Duff, David Dunn, Matt Jansen plus summer signing Tugay in the side, Burnley have nowhere near anyone of that quality in their side. They have one of the poorest squads of players ever seen in the Premier League on paper, although they have an excellent manager but one who is unlikely to stick around at Turd Moor for much longer.

They're likely to be battling around the relegation spots, far away from the sort of form that Rovers have never really been near, apart from under the days of Ince.

If you honestly think you stand a good chance of beating us you're in a dreamworld. The only reason why some people are worried is because anything can happen in football and we have that proud 30 year record to defend. But even if you flukily take points from us in one or both of the games, the league table will not lie.

Nice one TGM. I tried to put it that way, but your perspective is better. Its really a pointless argument this, Burnley are clearly no better than Derby or West Brom was when they were in the premierleague imo.

Lets not forget, WBA wern't dominated in most of their games, it was just lack of ruthlessness/concentration in either penalty area that sent them down, and that was apparent in the championship, whereas Burnley seem to have much more steel about them.

That said, I still think they need a good start and get on a run unless they could do a Derby, and now there's no Geordies to gift them 4 points, that is a real worry.

• Backroom

I wouldn't say they have no chance of beating us as I think they have a chance as any team does.

What I will say is I would expect Rovers to finish higher which is what counts over a season.

'This is the whole point, Burnley. And Management know what to do.

Keep the vision; keep the strategy; and watch Burnley continue to go from strength to strength.

Sorry for the Blackburn fans. They can only watch with awe.'

lololololol

as someone who is a rovers fan and who lives in Nelson, I think that its good for the area, people need something to look forward to, and I look forward to beating them home amd away next season.

Actually you paid 400k for him

sad how you know how much our players cost...i could not two knuckle drags how much your poxy team cost.

even had one deluded widow licker in the yard this afternoon telling us all how in 5 years they will be challenging utd. :wacko:

thats you ruled out then oh brainless one.

I'm hearing this a lot. That and the 30 years bit.

When we next play, the score starts at 0-0 and all that stuff counts for nothing.

still doesnt take it away tho does it samantha.

At 38 years old that Dingle will be quite easily exploited by quick Prem players. Atleast McCarthy has a chance of staying onside ;)

at 38 years old any dingle is probaly a great great great grandad.

Archived