BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnley Home Game

Dingles talking sillytalk consistently on every thread i look, how about you leave our thread dingles and stick to your own and then wait til we play you.

stop dreaming that you are different to any other promoted team with lots of money as you will struggle like all the rest have done.

fact is burnley, although somewhat blessed with a great manager, don't have anywhere near a Prem quality squad and need at least 10 new players to have a chance of staying up, and although they have recieved millions for promotion, this isnt likely, the fact they are seemingly so much different in their eyes in comparison with birmingham and wolves, and the fact they believe they are better than Middlesborough and Newcastle is beyond me. they are all in cloud cookoo land and should stop wasting our times debating.

Rovers squad far surpasses Burnley's and with BFS looking at making some v.good signings, things are really looking good for next season and i am VERY excited!

and nicko, comparing alexander to tugay = blasphemy, you're going to hell buddy.

(sorry if i repeated anything anyone else said, just felt like a rant haha)

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Dingles have to seriously invest in their team to make them seaworthy in this division. A seemingly talented manager can only take you so far. Problem is, do they have the money? I'm guessing that they'll aim and get for talented 1st division players and go down fighting.

I think they will spring a few surprises, but the lack of sheer talent will tell in the end.

Credit to Burnley for getting promoted, and to Coyle for getting the best out of a few players that had lost their way at previous clubs - the likes of Carlisle and Thompson for example.

There is a big gulf in quality between the Premier League and the Championship, but Stoke have bridged it reasonably well and without spending a fortune. I realise Kitson was a fairly big outlay, but their other money signings such as Tonge, Etherington, Beattie and Soares didn't exactly break the bank. The trick is to sign a few players with Premiership experience - those who are out of contract or up for sale - and combine them with a few flair players, most probably on the cheap from abroad, and then fix any issues with a few loans or a big money signing or two (if the league position justifies it) come January.

Burnley start with a good core of players (McCann and Paterson seem pretty handy), but there are some issues with age and pace there so they will most probably be looking at a minimum of 7-8 players to have a realistic chance of survival. Wolves and Birmingham already have recent Premiership experience (as do their managers) and comparatively bigger squads so it could be a struggle for Burnley to beat them out of the bottom 3. Still, if that shower of a Hull side can manage it...

I wish Burnley luck in the Premier League this season, and look forward to the derby games! :rover:

tugs... 94 times for turkey...honours(wikki) Galatasaray

Turkcell Super League - 1988, 1993, 1994, 1997, 1998, 1999

Turkish Cup - 1991, 1993, 1996

Rangers

Scottish Premier League - 2000

Scottish Cup - 2000

Blackburn Rovers

Football League Cup - 2002

Blackburn Player of the Year - 2003/04

Turkey

1993 Mediterranean Games U-21 Gold Medal

UEFA Euro 2000 Quarter-Finalist

FIFA World Cup 2002: Third place

grandad dingle..38 times a sweaty...honours er...0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Credit to Burnley for getting promoted, and to Coyle for getting the best out of a few players that had lost their way at previous clubs - the likes of Carlisle and Thompson for example.

There is a big gulf in quality between the Premier League and the Championship, but Stoke have bridged it reasonably well and without spending a fortune. I realise Kitson was a fairly big outlay, but their other money signings such as Tonge, Etherington, Beattie and Soares didn't exactly break the bank. The trick is to sign a few players with Premiership experience - those who are out of contract or up for sale - and combine them with a few flair players, most probably on the cheap from abroad, and then fix any issues with a few loans or a big money signing or two (if the league position justifies it) come January.

Burnley start with a good core of players (McCann and Paterson seem pretty handy), but there are some issues with age and pace there so they will most probably be looking at a minimum of 7-8 players to have a realistic chance of survival. Wolves and Birmingham already have recent Premiership experience (as do their managers) and comparatively bigger squads so it could be a struggle for Burnley to beat them out of the bottom 3. Still, if that shower of a Hull side can manage it...

I wish Burnley luck in the Premier League this season, and look forward to the derby games! :rover:

Now go wash your mouth out with soap and water!

I have never met a Burnley supporter but a few months ago when I met a few Rovers from Lancashire that were in NYC on holiday, I swapped a "Man U Hater" scarf for a "Stand Up If you Hate Dingles" pin. I look at that as the ceremonial passing on of the rivalry. I of course still hate ManU but the fact that I'm getting anxious about a match to be played 5 months from now tells me that I hate Burnley More. Even seeing Villa or West Ham pisses me of now just cause of the resemblance. I just hope I don't see dingles popping up in NYC...

I have never met a Burnley supporter but a few months ago when I met a few Rovers from Lancashire that were in NYC on holiday, I swapped a "Man U Hater" scarf for a "Stand Up If you Hate Dingles" pin. I look at that as the ceremonial passing on of the rivalry. I of course still hate ManU but the fact that I'm getting anxious about a match to be played 5 months from now tells me that I hate Burnley More. Even seeing Villa or West Ham pisses me of now just cause of the resemblance. I just hope I don't see dingles popping up in NYC...

just chuck em off that ice cream sellers statue thingy.

Now go wash your mouth out with soap and water!

:lol:

Well I do wish them luck, I'd certainly rather we were playing them every year rather then Portsmouth, Hull or Sunderland!

“The initial budget is £32million and that is what we are working to"

So does their wages have to come out of that too? Aswell as the £1m they have to spend on the media upgrades?

The way I read it is that the 32 million is the total money for there promotion, 28 million being the parachute payments so thats the balance of the 60 mill

So this season everything comes out if the 32m

The way I read it is that the 32 million is the total money for there promotion, 28 million being the parachute payments so thats the balance of the 60 mill

So this season everything comes out if the 32m

Exactly!! and that includes the wages and the £2,000.000 free season tickets!!

my guess is a £10,000,000 transfer kitty tops, if they can pay the guys the wages????

£ 1 million Media upgrade- That's a lot of money for a new loft for the carrier pigeons.

I heard it was bongo drums and a bonfire on th'hill and Sky had requested a socket to plug the cameras in :blink:

The wages are far more of a problem than the transfer fees for the dingles.

Existing players will want some of the £60m but have a structure now they have clearly lived with.

If a PL player is available at a price the dingles can afford but is on a PL average wage, how are they going to fit in a pretty non-descript new player on £20k a week? They desperately need PL experience and quality but getting it could easily split the club apart.

Just found this article about it all. Facts & Figures here

£60m total (inc 2 seasons parachute payments).

7000 Free season tickets = £2m

Kilby wants the club to buy back the ground = £3.2m

Media & Prem league improvements - £1m

£15m for redevelopment of TURD (a ground which holds 22,546 but has attracted an average of only 12,500)

Current wage bill of £8.8m, Kiraly is the top earner (11k), Robbie Blake & Eagles are next on 9k each. Surely that wage bill would also increase by at least 20% based on performance for the promotion? They also have the smallest squad in the championship (23).

Coyle then wants to sign Williams & Anderson for approx £1.3m + wages.

They reckon Coyle will be given between £10-15m to spend. Will that include wages though?

Its a tough one to stay in. Realistically they need at least 6 good players (2 strikers, 2 midfield, 2 defenders) to join the ranks just to give them a chance.

The wages are far more of a problem than the transfer fees for the dingles.

Existing players will want some of the £60m but have a structure now they have clearly lived with.

If a PL player is available at a price the dingles can afford but is on a PL average wage, how are they going to fit in a pretty non-descript new player on £20k a week? They desperately need PL experience and quality but getting it could easily split the club apart.

Good point and very reminiscent of Rovers under Woy.

Sherwood had recently signed a new contract on 12k p.w and was happy, then Dahlin came in on 17k p.w. (and was never off the treatment table) and all of a sudden Sherwood was most unhappy!

Lets be honest, the Premiership has really seen a proper derby for years. The so called "London rivals" and the "Manchester and Merseyside rivals" now either live next door to each other or play each other at least 2 times a year which has meant these derbies have been diluted by pure repetiveness.

However the premiership is going to sit up and notice this derby for a number of reasons-

1) Most of the Lancashire police force is used to keep order in a number of ways including sitting on top of motorway bridges to stop objects being dropped and stop fans from travelling anyway apart from coach so we or that lot can all be escourted without being attacked.

2) This derby hasn't been played since 2005

3) The atmosphere will be electric fo 90 minutes with plenty of anti-dingle and anti-rovers songs at both grounds

4) Pubs and houses around the ground are borded up

5) Bolton aren't are proper rivals

6) Burnley reck their own town centre when they lose against us

The other thing that the premiership clubs will have to realise about Burnley is that

1) It still has a hooligan firm

2) Its the strong hold of the BNP which probably means there will be some pillocks shouting racist remarks

3) Its the 3rd most deprived area in Britain so it will be like going back 1970's.

4) Its got plenty of dark back alleys that iam sure will be perfect in a dingles eyes for a fan beatings

No they don't at all.

Some (not all) scared stiff

Some (not all) Envious

Some (not all) can't give credit

....to make it easier for you.

Some of us are looking forward to the derby match but otherwise we don't give a crap about Burnley and we're neither envious, scared or think that any credit is actually due. Credit will be due if you stay up, getting there is not that big an achievement.

Some of us are looking forward to the derby match but otherwise we don't give a crap about Burnley

Yeah, same here. The Blackburn game isn't a big game. It's the games against our main rivals in the 'Big 4' which really matter. We don't care really, it's all a minor distraction, nothing more.

** REPEAT UNTIL BELIEVED **

getting there is not that big an achievement.

Yes it is. Facht (in a Benitez stylee)

Archived