BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnley Home Game

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I must say, I'm really happy that Burnley have been promoted. I actually found myself punching the air when the final whistle went in the playoff final. Our rivalry has been almost non-existent in recent times but, finally, we will get to play each other in the Premier League.

Personally, I feel that Burnley will struggle next season. Coyle looks a very promising manager but I think Burnley fans will be the first to admit that the squad needs some serious strengthening and I'm not sure that the right kinda money is available.

With Sam in charge and things appearing to be going in the right direction, I think we can expect to finish the higher of the two clubs.

Out of interest, have Burnley been linked with many players as yet? If so, of what kinda standard are they? Anybody exciting?

For some reason they still want the likes of Rhys Williams and Russell Anderson.

Confusing me slightly. This is the same Rhys Williams who was shipped out of Boro on loan. Boro. The same Boro that had a crap defence and got relegated.

If that is the "standard" they are looking at, they are doomed.

I've heard they and Hull are interested in Nolan, but I can't see Burnley offering him more wages.

as you needed Jacks 200 million to sort out your sh!t ground as well, of course we need the money, who doesn't in modern football?

:lol: Put your dummy back in :lol:

For some reason they still want the likes of Rhys Williams and Russell Anderson.

Confusing me slightly. This is the same Rhys Williams who was shipped out of Boro on loan. Boro. The same Boro that had a crap defence and got relegated.

If that is the "standard" they are looking at, they are doomed.

I've heard they and Hull are interested in Nolan, but I can't see Burnley offering him more wages.

Rhys Williams was only allowed to go by Boro after months of asking...and he had to sign a long-term deal with them before he was released...going to try to take him again.

Good idea. The boy is about to become a full cap for Australia, is young and will improve.

No guarantee he would play every week, but a fine squad signing.

No interest in Nolan.

Rhys Williams was only allowed to go by Boro after months of asking...and he had to sign a long-term deal with them before he was released...going to try to take him again.

Good idea. The boy is about to become a full cap for Australia, is young and will improve.

No guarantee he would play every week, but a fine squad signing.

No interest in Nolan.

If that is the case, Burnley will be blowing a sizeable chunk of their budget on somebody with "potential", would you agree with that?

If that is the case, Burnley will be blowing a sizeable chunk of their budget on somebody with "potential", would you agree with that?

Rhys Williams on loan for a season would not blow anyone's budget...£250,000 or thereabouts.

Room for another 60 of them. :lol:

Ah, I thought you meant they were trying to snag him permanently. It doesn't make sense for Boro to loan somebody out to a team in a higher league when he could be helping them get promoted on the rebound.

Sense? Boro? Not in the same sentence surely.

Southgate rates McMahon more highly.

And Williams wants to join Burnley.

Don't mention Jack Walker in the presence of Burnley fans, I'm still angry at listening to them mocking his death on the 2-0 DVD.

Sam Dingle finally seems to be maturing a bit, I actually enjoyed his prawn sandwich post.

Guest Wen Y Hu
Police to step in and make sure Rovers & Burnley are not at home at the same time

Lack of police to blame

The LT report on the revelation that Burnley and the Rovers may sensationally be prevented from playing at home at the same time reveals that even high-ranking police officers may not be immune...

Chief Insp Jeff Brown, matchday commander at Turf Moor, said: "In Burnley, we have played Premier League teams many times before."

So, hmmm.. Many times, eh? Go on, commander, enlighten us, then...

"We have had Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottenham and others."

So let's get those fingers out and start counting, shall we?

:wacko:

Doesn't this only happen once in a blue moon anyway? I thought this was already policy.

It is, a nothing story really, could swear it happens now anyway, and it happens with all rivals in the same league.

All's I will say is you Burnley 'new boys' better get used to the flak coming from the Southern based media, the Premierleague is no place for the flat cap,whippet breeding,Cotton mill types of Blackburn,Bolton,Wigan and Burnley in their opinions.!!

Correct. Only big city Northern clubs are welcome in the Land of Milk and Honey. We certainly aren't and, once the media have stopped patting Burnley on the head, they'll find that they aren't either.

Ask any bobby if there`s a problem with twice the amount of prem games to police next season & they`ll laugh......all they will be thinking about is 'plenty of overtime for us!'

I`ve a friend who`s in the filth & they generally police both towns & grounds throughout the season anyway.

Ask any bobby if there`s a problem with twice the amount of prem games to police next season & they`ll laugh......all they will be thinking about is 'plenty of overtime for us!'

I`ve a friend who`s in the filth & they generally police both towns & grounds throughout the season anyway.

Ffs, I'm sure your "friend" will loved being referred to as "filth". Not the right thread I suppose but shouldn't you be using that kind of language to describe criminals?

Ffs, I'm sure your "friend" will loved being referred to as "filth". Not the right thread I suppose but shouldn't you be using that kind of language to describe criminals?

My friend, who is a female 'scuffer' & doesn`t mind at all when we tease her about her proffession. Pigs are very thick skinned :)

My friend, who is a female 'scuffer' & doesn`t mind at all when we tease her about her proffession. Pigs are very thick skinned :)

It's a touchy one for me as I have younger siblings in the Police. It rubs me up the wrong way when they are described as "pigs" or "filth" so I'm obviously as thick skined as your "friend".

Perhaps you'd be more circumspect if you required Police assistance.

Anyway, rant over. Back to the thread.

Russell Anderson is a class act. Had he not been hampered by injury I have no doubt whatsover he would have established himself as a rock-solid Premier League defender.

Archived