BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnley Home Game

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well we made it.

Now we'll see if Rovers really are as good as you think won't we.

Is that a question, a statement or what? :unsure:

I've been browsing a Scottish board and there is mention of Owen Coyle being questioned about his future on the balcony of Burnley Town Hall. Anybody see this?

They'll spend some but keep a load back for January in case they are right in the stinky stuff at that point and need a quick fix to stay up maybe?

This tactic almost never works, Birmingham with Steve Bruce is the example I can think of, bringing in Dugarry etc. Money down the drain more often than not, they should back themselves to buy the right players in summer when they will get a more reasonable price.

Well, some very interesting posts.

Lets deal with the hard stuff first.

Will we survive? Doubtful but not impossible.

Will Coyle go to Celtic? I don't know but I suspect not, I think he will fancy a crack at PL first.

Now I keep hearing so much about how wonderful all these premier league teams are. Based on what I have seen you are simply spouting a lot of the Sky hype. There are 4 or 5 wonderful, powerful amazing teams for sure. Then there are another 5 who are very good indeed. After this you have 4 who are decent and then the rest are average to poor. As hard as it can be teams like Burnley can pick up points. Will we pick up enough, I've already said that is highly unlikely.

Now in terms of ou squad and there ability. My major concern is not ability but a chronic lack of pace. This is throughout th side but most worringly in defence. We do have some players with ability and they have earned the right to a crack at the Prem. We have a young Scottish midfielder who I believe has the ability to be a key player for us. That said he has not featured much since signing so maybe there is something amiss. Whether any of our current squad can do it week in and out at that higher level is of course yet to be tested. We clearly need some reinforcements but my guess is largely speaking we will be on a wing and a prayer.

Anyway, here's to the Derby games. May the gods shine down on us and give Burnley the victory we clearly deserve. Looking forward to next season and should we scrape along all season at the bottom here is one fan who will not be calling for the manager or chairmans head.

Welcome to life in the fast lane Sam Dingle and chums. You get a good manager and before you know it the big boys are sniffing around- the better he does the more they come sniffing. You sign a good player or two ( this hasn't happened yet , but it might ) and same thing happens . The big boys tap 'em up one way or another and suddenly they want away.

Well, some very interesting posts.

Lets deal with the hard stuff first.

Will we survive? Doubtful but not impossible.

Will Coyle go to Celtic? I don't know but I suspect not, I think he will fancy a crack at PL first.

Now I keep hearing so much about how wonderful all these premier league teams are. Based on what I have seen you are simply spouting a lot of the Sky hype. There are 4 or 5 wonderful, powerful amazing teams for sure. Then there are another 5 who are very good indeed. After this you have 4 who are decent and then the rest are average to poor. As hard as it can be teams like Burnley can pick up points. Will we pick up enough, I've already said that is highly unlikely.

Now in terms of ou squad and there ability. My major concern is not ability but a chronic lack of pace. This is throughout th side but most worringly in defence. We do have some players with ability and they have earned the right to a crack at the Prem. We have a young Scottish midfielder who I believe has the ability to be a key player for us. That said he has not featured much since signing so maybe there is something amiss. Whether any of our current squad can do it week in and out at that higher level is of course yet to be tested. We clearly need some reinforcements but my guess is largely speaking we will be on a wing and a prayer.

Anyway, here's to the Derby games. May the gods shine down on us and give Burnley the victory we clearly deserve. Looking forward to next season and should we scrape along all season at the bottom here is one fan who will not be calling for the manager or chairmans head.

Speculation about your manager? Get used to being a small fish in a very big pond. The media may well pat you on the head for a bit but you will be left in no doubt just exactly where your place is in the food chain.

As for the Derbies, you will never get a better chance to get one over on us. The current squad is the worst for a generation.

Speculation about your manager? Get used to being a small fish in a very big pond. The media may well pat you on the head for a bit but you will be left in no doubt just exactly where your place is in the food chain.

As for the Derbies, you will never get a better chance to get one over on us. The current squad is the worst for a generation.

Bloody hell Deryck, I thought I was pessimistic but you make me sound like a real ray of sunshine. If I thought we'd be starting the next season with Samba still up front and Andrews running the midfield I'd agree but that's not going to happen. They had their best chance in the F.A. cup at home when Hughsie had only just arrived, we were playing just as poorly at that time and we still came through.

Derby had the dosh, an up and coming manager and sell out gates of 32,000 nearly every week, didn't get them very far though did it.

Indeed, Aggy.

Bumley are starting from below the threshold. They have to get to a level and then spend.

The Rovers know where they are, the level of competition and what they need to improve. They also know that they were struggling because of injuries.

Getting all of the squad fit will be a big difference.

Longsiders, quite what you mean by" the victory we clearly deserve", I'm not sure, but as your erstwhile colleague said, "we both start on zero points" surely you'll have to earn that win.

My worry for Burnley (Although To be fair Im not actually worried) is that they have played games against the premiership sides this season and got results and some excellent ones at that. However I feel that this may work against them as teams will have had the oppertunity to figure them out sort of like Hull in effect at the start of last term except the Prem teams have already seen the dingles play the prem teams this season and therefore will lack the surprise effect that Hull had.

Another factor in their downfall is their style of football which came through in the final is that they try and play the game properly which West Brom did in the Premiership and finished bottom which is quite sad really.

Im not saying this in spite but I generally would say there is one relegation spot next season to play for and the other two will be occupied by Hull and Burnley purely because Hull deserved to go Down with Boro and Newcastle on the basis that they got figured out and were dreadful second half of last season and will carry this through to next and the dingles will have been figured out from this season and they play good football which is a survival no no in the top flight.

Guest benmaxwell
Says they met on Monday there - sounds a bit fishy as that was the day of the play-off final. I know he's a teetotaler but I'd still imagine he would have been celebrating.

Did you see him in the background celebrating?

Also, it's quite plausable that the Celtic reps could have come down to London...

My major concern is not ability but a chronic lack of pace. This is throughout th side but most worringly in defence.

Something Rovers have the 'medal' for - we know the problems of this deficiency

Although , I hate to say it I don't think you'll be as bad as what people think provided certain aspects ar met- to bring you up to a decent starting base.

There is a lot of dross in this division which may be good for your cause although I doubt it will be a stroll - however you may also find that decisions go mightily against you more than you are used to and an injury list could well spell your downfall without suitable backup.

As for the Derby games - bring them on- as has been posted - you will beat us one day but I still feel even with our mismatch bunch at the moment we would fall to the depths of defeat.

Your wave is there - surf it whilst you can as there are enough Sharks in this league trying to eat you and your board and once you start gasping for air and dry land you will know there are no loyalties in this game anymore.

Owen is your key - however long he remains (stays) able to open the door is another question

BRFC :brfc::brfc::brfc:

Anyway, here's to the Derby games. May the gods shine down on us and give Burnley the victory we clearly deserve.

Cant fathom out anywhere in my logic how you can come to this reasoning. What have Burnley ever done to warrant a win over us in over 30 years ?

They havent even come close to a win.

They have managed the odd draw.

Otherwise, they have been soundly despatched without any trouble (despite the sad efforts of thuggish players and imbecilic fans) :rolleyes::brfcsmilie::rolleyes:

Rhys Williams did well for us. Decent pace and very good going forwards he was perhaps at times naive with his positioning - then again I guess that is why he was on loan to us rather than starting games in the Prem.

As ever it is hard to say whether he is up to the rigours of top flight football but for us he'd be worth a punt. Whether he's the type of player you are looking for depends on what sort of budget you have given Sam I guess.

Rhys Williams did well for us. Decent pace and very good going forwards he was perhaps at times naive with his positioning - then again I guess that is why he was on loan to us rather than starting games in the Prem.

As ever it is hard to say whether he is up to the rigours of top flight football but for us he'd be worth a punt. Whether he's the type of player you are looking for depends on what sort of budget you have given Sam I guess.

The wheels are going to drop off on Monday!

:lol:

Archived