BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnley Home Game

Are you saying my comment about your 2nd team postings wasn't witty? I thought I had a 100% wit record on this thread! Still, if we're sharing a 0% wit rating, at least I can point to the smaller amount of attempts. ;)

I'm saying I don't recall any, so you've not made as much of an impression as your claret 'cousins'...

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are you saying my comment about your 2nd team postings wasn't witty? I thought I had a 100% wit record on this thread! Still, if we're sharing a 0% wit rating, at least I can point to the smaller amount of attempts. ;)

Who gives a toss...

Does anyone actually think they're going to come anywhere near Premier League standards? I don't. The players linked with them can hardly be filling them with joy, bar Doyle, who is probably too expensive based on that Flood link.

Does anyone actually think they're going to come anywhere near Premier League standards? I don't. The players linked with them can hardly be filling them with joy, bar Doyle, who is probably too expensive based on that Flood link.

Flood seems to have taken Doyle out of the equation already. They don't want to spend money, they don't have a decent keeper, they don't have a big squad and their ground is falling to bits. Not much hope there.

Flood seems to have taken Doyle out of the equation already. They don't want to spend money, they don't have a decent keeper, they don't have a big squad and their ground is falling to bits. Not much hope there.

Serioulsy fella, time to stop. I fully expect plenty of Claret-baiting on this board, but at least most of the Rovers fans on here appear to know something about BFC. Not content with confusing Chris McCann and Gavin McCann, you're now telling me that arguably the best keeper in The Champhionship isn't "decent". I'll grant you that he's previously been ropey and they he's no world beater, but after the season he's just had, to brand him as not even qualifying as "decent" just demonstrates a lack of knowledge.

Also, I can't see how you've worked out that we "don't want to spend money". Flood has said that we won't be drawn into blowing our budget on one or two players, which is perfectly sensible. Whether we survive will depend on how far we can stretch the £15m we've reportedly set aside for squad strengthening. It's a huge task, but Stoke and Hull (just) have both survived on the back of a relatively small outlay on new players.

Serioulsy fella, time to stop. I fully expect plenty of Claret-baiting on this board, but at least most of the Rovers fans on here appear to know something about BFC. Not content with confusing Chris McCann and Gavin McCann, you're now telling me that arguably the best keeper in The Champhionship isn't "decent". I'll grant you that he's previously been ropey and they he's no world beater, but after the season he's just had, to brand him as not even qualifying as "decent" just demonstrates a lack of knowledge.

Also, I can't see how you've worked out that we "don't want to spend money". Flood has said that we won't be drawn into blowing our budget on one or two players, which is perfectly sensible. Whether we survive will depend on how far we can stretch the £15m we've reportedly set aside for squad strengthening. It's a huge task, but Stoke and Hull (just) have both survived on the back of a relatively small outlay on new players.

That £15,000,000 includes wages and you wont be getting premiership players at £9,000 per week, thats a reserve team wage!! If you have 15 players on a minimum of £18,000 = £270,000 per week x 52 = £14,040,000!!!

So you have a million to spend :lol:

That £15,000,000 includes wages and you wont be getting premiership players at £9,000 per week, thats a reserve team wage!! If you have 15 players on a minimum of £18,000 = £270,000 per week x 52 = £14,040,000!!!

So you have a million to spend :lol:

If we were signing 15 players, you'd have a good point. I'd imagine that we'll be looking at about 4-5 new players. Our existing crop will no doubt get wage rises, but I suspect very few of them will get anything like 18k a week. I don't deny that it's going to be extremely difficult for us to survive, but then again I never imagined for a minute that we'd get promoted to the Prem.

I quoted Flood earlier in the thread moorey. He is quoted saying he won't spend big. In my opinion you'll do well picking up players for £1m from the lower leagues and making it work in the Prem, surely you've got to agree with that. I'm going off what Flood has said.

Secondly I have no intention of building on my minimal knowledge of fcdingle, why should I have interest in a club who's fans breed hatred towards all things Blackburn? Do you expect me to take any of you seriously all of a sudden?

In the past I have worked in burnley, in the surrounding area's and currently come into contact with burnley folk in my current job and from what I have learnt a majority of your lot genuinely hate Rovers fans. Yes, there are the few true football fans who follow burnley, one of who lives on the same lane as I do and we have civil conversations about football and will share a pint in the local, but I'm afraid you have all brought on the abuse and derogatory comments yourselves.

As for the beast, you stated "I'll grant you that he's previously been ropey and they he's no world beater" well you need a lot better than that in the Premier League. A team like your, and ours needs a very good keeper. Rovers have been lucky with keepers over the years and your gaffer will have to somehow pick up a gem from somewhere. Can you imagine the beast being pelted with shots from Rooney, Lampard, Drogba and co week in week out next season?

Don't get me wrong, I'd love all the North West teams in the Prem, that would be great for the North West and great for football. It's just going to take a lot of getting used to next season, I'm not worried, just a little gutted that your lot have progressed.

As for the mix up with Chris and Gavin, it's gone pal...

I presume Moorey has the surname Moore in the real world, and has used that imaginative trend of putting a y on the end and using it as a nickname (e.g. Smith=Smithy). Just something that annoys me slightly. Either that or he is named after a corner shop where I live.

And so to the point, Burnley can't spend much money as they were never big hitters in terms of finance in the 1st division, so they'd surely struggle in a league where money counts for even more, especially as the serious cash will not kick in until next season. The current squad is pretty toss by Premier League standards, probably even worse than Hull, West Brom and Stoke were this time last season. Therefore, unless Owen Coyle is the next Alex Ferguson, and Mr. Flood finds a bin liner full of £50 notes, Burnley will probably find it a miserable season. Players would rather go to Wolves or Big Club as they're better known and have a bit more lead in their financial pencil.

I presume Moorey has the surname Moore in the real world, and has used that imaginative trend of putting a y on the end and using it as a nickname (e.g. Smith=Smithy). Just something that annoys me slightly. Either that or he is named after a corner shop where I live.

And so to the point, Burnley can't spend much money as they were never big hitters in terms of finance in the 1st division, so they'd surely struggle in a league where money counts for even more, especially as the serious cash will not kick in until next season. The current squad is pretty toss by Premier League standards, probably even worse than Hull, West Brom and Stoke were this time last season. Therefore, unless Owen Coyle is the next Alex Ferguson, and Mr. Flood finds a bin liner full of £50 notes, Burnley will probably find it a miserable season. Players would rather go to Wolves or Big Club as they're better known and have a bit more lead in their financial pencil.

:D Wrong on both counts.

It's pronounced "Moo Ray", after my favourite cow. :unsure:

Bumley FC have explained where they are to seat their 22,000 S/T holders.......apparently there`s loads of space in their trophy room! <_<

Bumley FC have explained where they are to seat their 22,000 S/T holders.......apparently there`s loads of space in their trophy room! <_<

Burnley FC and trophy room are not words that are associated with each other

:rover:

A relative of mine went to Wembley for the dingle play-off game.

I found out that their coach trip was spoilt by a group of typical dingle louts. These morons gave the driver abuse all the way down & ignoring the 'no alcohol' rule on football coaches.

On the way home the driver insisted on no booze, but the dingle goons physically threatened the poor guy. They even threw a half full can of beer at him when he was driving.....showering the driver, the dashboard & windscreen.

Soon after leaving London they stopped at a motorway services for a toilet break. When the 50+ dingles returned, they found that the driver had driven off with all their belongings.

They rang the coach firm, who said they`d send another coach.

They coach party had set off to Wembley at 6.30am........& didn`t get back to Bumley til 5am the next day!!! :lol::lol::lol:

I`d hate to think what they`d have done if they`d lost the game.

A relative of mine went to Wembley for the dingle play-off game.

I found out that their coach trip was spoilt by a group of typical dingle louts. These morons gave the driver abuse all the way down & ignoring the 'no alcohol' rule on football coaches.

On the way home the driver insisted on no booze, but the dingle goons physically threatened the poor guy. They even threw a half full can of beer at him when he was driving.....showering the driver, the dashboard & windscreen.

Soon after leaving London they stopped at a motorway services for a toilet break. When the 50+ dingles returned, they found that the driver had driven off with all their belongings.

They rang the coach firm, who said they`d send another coach.

They coach party had set off to Wembley at 6.30am........& didn`t get back to Bumley til 5am the next day!!! :lol::lol::lol:

I`d hate to think what they`d have done if they`d lost the game.

haha, great story! :lol:

Cheer up Bill(y)

Not my real name though 'Sam', as I actually stolen it from somewhere else. There's the difference. Good to see Moorey isn't doing that y thing though. Always think calling someone Smithy, Giggsy, Scholesy etc. is just lazy and boring as far as nicknames go. Nothing to do with Burnley, or their fans at all, but just something that slightly irritates me.

So please elaborate why the main point about Burnley FC is wrong Moorey. I admit to being not that knowledgeable about the Burnley squad, so surprise me and tell me how the current squad can succeed with a few additions.

Not my real name though 'Sam', as I actually stolen it from somewhere else. There's the difference. Good to see Moorey isn't doing that y thing though. Always think calling someone Smithy, Giggsy, Scholesy etc. is just lazy and boring as far as nicknames go. Nothing to do with Burnley, or their fans at all, but just something that slightly irritates me.

Oh leave him alone. He's the Hillbilly Oscar Wilde.

So please elaborate why the main point about Burnley FC is wrong Moorey. I admit to being not that knowledgeable about the Burnley squad, so surprise me and tell me how the current squad can succeed with a few additions.

My "wrong on both counts" comment was in reference to your guess that my username was either me adding a "y" to my surname or being named after your corner shop.

I'd already posted that we're clearly going to find it very difficult, being arguably the smallest club in the division. It might go against the Burnley fan stereotype peddled on here, but most of the fans I know are under no illusions as to the size of the task facing OC next season. It'll be another minor miracle if we survive. That said. there's a fantastic spirit about the club and it's not beyong the realms of possibility that, with the right handful of addiitons, we could scrape survival. Stoke City proved that. Whether we emulate them whilst being on the other side of the tactics spectrum remains to be seen.

Nice to have a Burnley fan who can type with his hands, and not with his nose or feet. If last season is any guide, I think you'd have a season like Hull (good start, then a long crap period as you sink closer to the bottom) or West Brom (play nice football, get in decent positions to score, yet lose 3-0). A great manager and team spirit can only take you so far. You need talent too. It could be exciting like Stoke, or a complete mess. What sort of formation do you play, and how would you describe the general way you play?

we could scrape survival. Stoke City proved that. Whether we emulate them whilst being on the other side of the tactics spectrum remains to be seen.

But Stoke spent just under £30 million on players to stay up, no chance of us spending anywhere near that.

Our formation tends to be 4-1-4-1. But i think we look better playing 4-4-2 when Thommo plays up top.

Archived