BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton Games

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The women at the ticket office tried charging me £15 for a ticket when I'm 21. I refused to pay.

She lied to me and said Bolton's policy is Under 20, yet the website states "£5.00 Under 21 " I told her the website states under 21 but she wouldn't believe me.

I'm neither under 21 or over 21 so they have to give the benefit of the doubt, I'll be ringing the ticket office complaining. I don't appreciate being lied to :huh:

RIML

its not very hard to understand

are you under 21?

no

therefore you are in the adult bracket

Just in the same way people under 18 can't drink and people under 16 can't do the lottery

No you're missing my point. The opposite of under is over.

I'm not over 21 am I and I've said I'm not under 21 I really think they should give the benefit of the doubt?

My argument against yours would be national minimum wage, the only reason they do young adult tickets is because young people earn less,

National minimum wage

"£5.80 per hour for workers aged 22 years and older"

"a development rate of £4.83 per hour for workers aged 18-21 inclusive"

I'm not making a big fuss about it because I have someone who will buy me a £5 ticket but I'm just a bit annoyed because both clubs have agreed to do this deal, yet a Bolton supporter who's aged 21 will get a ticket for £5 because we have club 16-21.

Is there a wonder we have only sold just 800 tickets!!!!!

I'm not over 21 am I and I've said I'm not under 21 I really think they should give the benefit of the doubt?

My argument against yours would be national minimum wage, the only reason they do young adult tickets is because young people earn less,

National minimum wage

"£5.80 per hour for workers aged 22 years and older"

"a development rate of £4.83 per hour for workers aged 18-21 inclusive"

I'm not making a big fuss about it because I have someone who will buy me a £5 ticket but I'm just a bit annoyed because both clubs have agreed to do this deal, yet a Bolton supporter who's aged 21 will get a ticket for £5 because we have club 16-21.

Is there a wonder we have only sold just 800 tickets!!!!!

I'll try saying this slowly so you understand - the £5 ticket is for those under 21. This is what it says on the website: -

£15.00 Adults

£5.00 Under 21

£5.00 Senior Citizens (aged 65 and over)

£5.00 Juniors (aged 15 and under)

Which bit of that do you not understand? Where is the benefit of the doubt needed there?

I'll try saying this slowly so you understand - the £5 ticket is for those under 21. This is what it says on the website: -

£15.00 Adults

£5.00 Under 21

£5.00 Senior Citizens (aged 65 and over)

£5.00 Juniors (aged 15 and under)

Which bit of that do you not understand? Where is the benefit of the doubt needed there?

I can understand what you're saying but I don't think it's fair that a Bolton supporter the same age as me will only have pay £5 but I have to pay three times more. Just doesn't seem fair to me.

You are either Under 21, or you are not under 21. You move from the former to the latter on the occasion of your 21st birthday.

I can understand what you're saying but I don't think it's fair that a Bolton supporter the same age as me will only have pay £5 but I have to pay three times more. Just doesn't seem fair to me.

They won't.

If they are 21 they will pay the adult price, as they are not under 21.

If they are 21 they will pay the adult price, as they are not under 21.

Why will they? A 21 year old Rovers supporter gets concession prices. I know the tickets are cheap at £15 but they are robbing me blind.

I've found this on their website and I have a valid point.

"19. The Club reserves the right to offer concessionary priced tickets to following groups

providing that they meet the appropriate criteria:-

i) Senior Citizens who are 65 or over at the time of purchase. This applies to

men and women regardless of whether they are of ‘pensionable age’ or not.

ii) Young persons who are between 16-21 years of age at the start of the football season

and who can provide photographic evidence containing proof of their date of birth.

This identification must be carried at all matches they attend."

http://www.bwfc.co.uk/staticFiles/3a/1/0,,1004~131386,00.pdf

"Tickets for this game will be priced at £15 for adults and £5 for concessions in the North Stand."

http://www.bwfc.co.uk/page/TicketInformation/0,,1004~1835314,00.html

Apologies, I didnt see anywhere that being posted. Simply your confusion about being Under 21 or not - which you are not.

See what Winkies say, if you are 21 and able to buy a concession ticket it may well be a breach of PL rules. However, if this is you not making a big deal of something Id hate to cross you ;)

Thats because you are under 21 when you purchase the ticket / season ticket for bolton or rovers

however when you buy this match ticket you will be OVER 21

I wasn't under 21 when I purchased my season ticket my birthday was in February I was aged 21 before the start of the season.

Bolton's policy is in fact the same as ours

"ii) Young persons who are between 16-21 years of age at the start of the football season

and who can provide photographic evidence containing proof of their date of birth.

This identification must be carried at all matches they attend.

I fall into that category so I should get concession prices. We're being robbed!

I wasn't under 21 when I purchased my season ticket my birthday was in February I was aged 21 before the start of the season.

Bolton's policy is in fact the same as ours

"ii) Young persons who are between 16-21 years of age at the start of the football season

This identification must be carried at all matches they attend.

I fall into that category so I should get concession prices. We're being robbed!

All this over £10 lmao

All this over £10 lmao

Ye £10. I paid £15 last season when I could have got a ticket for a fiver but I thought they were for students only, I wasn't bothered at the time but a tenner is a tenner. It's not like I've no money, I just don't think there's any need to pay £10 more when I shouldn't have to.

For someone who doesn't want to make a fuse about this you sure are going on about it lol, haven't you already said you have someone who can get you a £5 ticket?

Yep but I'm still gonna call the ticket office tomorrow, the women at the ticket office lied to me, I don't think they know what a concession is, there's obviously some confusion somewhere, just need to explain to them and quote Bolton's concession policy :) I'm not just doing this for myself I'm doing it for all 21 year olds and 20 year olds too because according to the women today people aged 20 wouldn't get concession prices either. Also I don't think any of the money from league away games goes to our club so why would I want to pay Bolton £10 more than what I should?

i've been priced out of this game by extortionate train fares, leeds to bolton return on a sunday is 36 quid, only 14 on a saturday, how can they justify this

Wayne, ridiculously if you get a return from Leeds to Manchester and then a return from Manchester to Horwich its only about £18 return.

Yep but I'm still gonna call the ticket office tomorrow, the women at the ticket office lied to me, I don't think they know what a concession is, there's obviously some confusion somewhere, just need to explain to them and quote Bolton's concession policy :) I'm not just doing this for myself I'm doing it for all 21 year olds and 20 year olds too because according to the women today people aged 20 wouldn't get concession prices either. Also I don't think any of the money from league away games goes to our club so why would I want to pay Bolton £10 more than what I should?

sorry but whoever told you that is lying. iv got a consession and im 20. also if people read the policy is people aged 16-21 not under 21 thus meaning anyone aged 21 and under (so that incudes 21 year olds) may get a consession.

sorry but whoever told you that is lying. iv got a consession and im 20. also if people read the policy is people aged 16-21 not under 21 thus meaning anyone aged 21 and under (so that incudes 21 year olds) may get a consession.

I know the women at the ticket office lied to me, I knew I was right which is why I refused to pay, wish I'd got her name, I've sent an email to the club asking for some clarification.

I can understand you were cross, but if you thought she was wrong, simply ask for the Ticket Office Manager to clarify things. I think accusing her of lying is harsh, sometimes the ticket office staff get it wrong just like everyone else.

Archived