BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 12 Months On From Ince

Have we improved?! :wstu: Daft question....we are no longer bottom of the league!

Better defence/ keeper - Yes

Better midfield - Yes

Better strikeforce - Potentially yes...just need to start seeing the flow of goals.

Better fitness - Yes

Better Tactics - Yes

Better attendances - Yes

Better points tally - Yes

We are 12th in the league & in the Semi of a Cup after beating a BIG 3 club......good times are on the way back. Sam knows exactly what to fix and what doesnt need fixing, it simply takes time. He is making very good strides towards it and we are heading in the right direction.

:brfc:

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasn't Revidge the resident doom-monger at the start of the season? I thought he'd lobbed himself off the nearest pier.

I'll stick up for Revidge here.

I would much rather read his views than the network of "don't say anything negative about our club - or you're not a proper fan" brigade, which seems to be dominating the site nowadays.

He sees what he sees, and says it. Long may it last.

We are very lucky in that aspect, if those sides around us had spent money wisely on quality players we could have been in a hell of a lot of trouble. The season when they spend big and get is right is the time Rovers fans should be worried, you can't find bargains forever.

That will be a worry, one I hope the club are planning for?

I would much rather read his views than the network of "don't say anything negative about our club - or you're not a proper fan" brigade, which seems to be dominating the site nowadays.

True.

Seconded.

The ST deal was a great initiative by the club and clearly worked very well. The question now is has this attracted real fans who had stopped going because of cost or are they more casual fans who may disappear if the entertainment aspect remains as it is? I don't think we'll really know till next August.

I wonder whether the cheep season tickets are also the catalist of bringing back unsavourary fans, as described in another topic.

Absolutely. I may not always agree with him, but he is more than entitled to his views.

This site would be anodyne and boring if every single post was irrepressibly positive, regardless of what was going on on the pitch.

We need posters with all differing points of view, other wise there wouldn't be much point in having a forum.

The only caveat is that people should be prepared to discuss, expect disagrement with, or (heaven forbid) change, their point of view, rather than just say they are right and anyone who disagrees is a muppet/half-wit/moron/eejit/etc.

We need posters with all differing points of view, other wise there wouldn't be much point in having a forum.

The only caveat is that people should be prepared to discuss, expect disagrement with, or (heaven forbid) change, their point of view, rather than just say they are right and anyone who disagrees is a muppet/half-wit/moron/eejit/etc.

I agree with this too! :)

Shut up you half-wit moron idiot muppet.

Everything is rosy in the garden, thanks to a large helping of compost.

I think I agree with a lot of what you have said and most will agree on Pedersen and Diouf being wastes of space and wages. It's also clear we need to ship Reid and Salgado out, Salgado and Van Heerden were poor signings IMO.

As you say, N'zonzi is excellent and Kalinic looks promising. I agree that Di Santo's goal return has been poor but disagree that he plays without enthusiasm. I remember you seemed to have it in for him before he even signed. Its clear to me that he has talent and potential.

Overall Sam is doing well with what he has got and I can see signs that the youth and reserve teams are improving. I think one of the big worries is that Hoillet looks to be going. We should move heaven and earth to keep him as you said.

Have you seen much of Van Heerden play? He is 10 times better than Andrews, but he is obviously too small for Sams liking.

Did i say 10 times better? Van Heerden has hardly been given a chance, so to say that he is crap is a bitter stupid.

I took it as a joke. Meaning if you're 10x better than Andrews, you still qualify as dogmeat. :lol:

Good to have you back Rev :tu:

Have to say I feel the club is in better hands now than it was under Ince, although it would have been hard to find it in worse.

We have a manager that has an ego bigger than any player of recent times, and I believe he believes he’s bigger than our club.

The way he’s been dealing in the transfer market and some of the people we are being linked with gives me plenty of cause for optimism. He seems to be looking at young players on the way up and thats the way our club needs to go.

His negative tactics and continued selection of Diouf, coupled with the fact he never cashed in on Andrews when he had the chance, still has me concerned and angry.

But all in all he’s doing ok, but the man is never going to be a fans favourite.

Good assessment Gav.

I dont think Allardyce tries to have an over the top relationship with the fans, but then again which manager does, except the ones that are just playing the fans. People like O'Neill running on the touchline like a little badger come to mind.

The point is the man knows what he is doing. And despite having the jury out a month ago, we have seen alot of signs for the better from November onwards, despite the last 3 nil nils.

How often have you see Elrio play if i may ask?

I was only teasing Igsak so I hope you don't mind me answering.

Being honest, I've only seen Van Heerden the once, which was the full extra time period against Chelsea, and I thought he looked decent.

Hopefully he can get some more game time. If you can excuse my sarcasm, I'm assuming you think he's a good player?

We seem to have a lot of players who look decent or prospects. I'm hoping they all come good!

I was only teasing Igsak so I hope you don't mind me answering.

Being honest, I've only seen Van Heerden the once, which was the full extra time period against Chelsea, and I thought he looked decent.

Hopefully he can get some more game time. If you can excuse my sarcasm, I'm assuming you think he's a good player?

We seem to have a lot of players who look decent or prospects. I'm hoping they all come good!

Im trying not to get all serious on here, but imo the likes of Junior and Elrio would provide much needed pace and energy. Diouf and Gamst are slowing it all down. My point is that unless Elrio is given a chance, he will leave. Sam cannot afford to take risks like that, or make signings who will only be ready after 6 months. Any player who comes here, will want to play, not after 6 months with a World Cup around the corner. Sam could have used Elrio to his advantage, by playing him with an incentive of a World Cup place with good performances. Rovers gain from it, and South Africa gains from it.

Archived