BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rothschilds

PAFELL

I noticed on Sky text that the Bankers Rothschilds are trying to sell West Ham and have approached the old Birmingham city owners - who are now interested in buying into the club.

It is also my understanding that Rothschilds are also trying to find a buyer for Rovers. Now I do not claim to have any knowledge on how these things work - but I cannot understand why West Ham who are mega in debt are more attractive than Rovers - who to a certain degree have their house in order.

Putting aside personal likes or dislikes with regards to Brum's previous owners - why have Rothschilds pointed them in the direction of West Ham and not Rovers? Surely Rothschilds have been employed longer by Rovers than West Ham, Rovers have been up for sale for longer than West Ham. Some may say it is the attraction of London clubs - but I cannot except that, when I look at Notts County who are in the lower divisions.

I am wondering if the Walker Trust demands are too accesive for anybody to be interested in buying Rovers - or the trust are not serious about selling. Having certain demands is a good protection for the Club, so I have no concern about that. Or is it just that Rothschilds are no good for Rovers. Or did the previous owners look at Rovers and turned them down or did the club turn them down?

There must be somebody on this message board who have more knowledge on these things than most of us.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

19k season ticket holders - at costs of around £200-300

30k season ticket holders - at probably way over double the cost!

Bigger ground.....Assets to sell if need be (Such as Parker, Green, Upson)....More populated local area to attract fans. London club - so better sponsorship deals available to them.

Lots of things.........+ clauses in Jacks WILL which new owners would have to meet.

Putting aside personal likes or dislikes with regards to Brum's previous owners - why have Rothschilds pointed them in the direction of West Ham and not Rovers?

At least one of them is a former major shareholder in West Ham and a supporter of them.

So its probably more of a case of money for old rope than pointing them anywhere.

Can we put to rest "The clauses in Jack's will" fallacy.

There are no artificial hurdles imposed in respect of a potential sale.

Have to agree about Rothschilds however, if they're meant to be acting for us in finding a buyer then they should be acting for us and us alone. Acting for two Premiership Clubs to the same end surely represents a conflict of interest.

As time passes by I think we havent missed much by not being taken over, as a majority of take-overs have been nightmares, following short periods of illusions of grandeur.

I think Uncle Jack put down a few "guidelines" which are in the club's best interests.

Allardyce is possibly one of the best people to handle us during this stage of being self-sufficient.

As time passes by I think we havent missed much by not being taken over, as a majority of take-overs have been nightmares, following short periods of illusions of grandeur.

I think Uncle Jack put down a few "guidelines" which are in the club's best interests.

Allardyce is possibly one of the best people to handle us during this stage of being self-sufficient.

They stated their intention of buying west Ham on tv as soon as they sold Brum. East End boy going home and buying his local club was how whichever one of it was put it. So it's not that Rothschilds have found a buyer, rather that they have handled the sale to a buyer who only wanted West Ham.

Until someone can prove they dont exist, then I cant see how we cannot believe there isnt any clause.....otherwise why have we not been sold?!

Small/ manageable debts, Excellent Academy & Training facilities, lots of prime land, Decent sized stadium, a good history.

Until someone can prove they dont exist, then I cant see how we cannot believe there isnt any clause.....otherwise why have we not been sold?!

Small/ manageable debts, Excellent Academy & Training facilities, lots of prime land, Decent sized stadium, a good history.

Its simple, the new owners could not run us any better the Williams and Co are currenlty doing and we are still losing money. There is nothing a new owner could currently do to turn that round. At clubs like Westham there is planty that could be done to make them profitable.

They don't exist. Sincerely hope I'm not speaking out of turn but John Williams and Tom Finn have stated more than once at the Fans Forum that there are no artificial barriers to a sale when quizzed about what appears to be an apparent lack of interest.

I'm as much in the dark as you as to why we've not been sold. I can't for the life of me see why anyone would want to spend say 300m on Liverpools debts, 400m on a new stadium and then another 2-300m on the team when you could probably construct a top four side at Ewood for a fraction of that.

At clubs like Westham there is planty that could be done to make them profitable.

Like what?

If you're seeking to turn a profit on your investment football club ownership isn't really the business for you.

If you're after kudos, exposure and excitement, then it probably is.

Until somebody can prove he doesnt exist, then I cant see how we cannot believe there isnt any Santa Clause... Otherwise why do you have to spend over a thousand pounds on presents.

The part I don't get is Gold & sullivans second choice, Charlton even in the premiership they didn't get crowds to rival ours now.

I can only assume they went to Rothschilds and said we got 50M which clubs can we buy? Rovers are just not a viable concern for two guys with 50M to buy a club they'd have 10M left over and that won't make too much of difference to our club long term. I also don't see the Walkers being in the same finacial position as West Hams current owners and so will not be bullyed as Gold and Sullivan are doing to West Hams owners. At the end of the day anyway I don't see West ham accepting 25M for the whole club.

Gold is from the East End originally and I think I'm right in saying that he has made no secret of the fact that geographically he'd only be interested in future in a Club within striking distance of the M25.

Gold is a West Ham supporter and use to be on the books as a youngster. Not to mention being a major shareholder(around30%) a few years ago....

Gold is a West Ham supporter and use to be on the books as a youngster. Not to mention being a major shareholder(around30%) a few years ago....

Yep, Gold obviously has sentimental ties with West Ham and they'd be his first choice but beyond that I think he and Sulli

van have stated they favour a Club down South.

They don't exist. Sincerely hope I'm not speaking out of turn but John Williams and Tom Finn have stated more than once at the Fans Forum that there are no artificial barriers to a sale when quizzed about what appears to be an apparent lack of interest.

No you're not speaking out of turn - this is the minute from the discussion at the last fans Forum meeting on 30th November: -

John stated that there were no artificial barriers to entry for any potential purchaser of the club. A fundamental problem for any purchaser was that there was limited opportunity for added value from the existing operations without significant investment. The only significant area which would yield savings would be the wage bill and any significant cuts there could lead to relegation fairly quickly.

On Gold and Sullivan, they're East End boys, Gold was a former player and shareholder at West Ham, and they have publicly stated that they were fed up with three hour drives to home games at Birmingham and wanted an involvement with a club south of Watford. In any case West Ham are set to turn them down - their owners are looking for £120m!!!

Thanks guys guess that explains Charlton.

£120,000,000 for West Ham, bloody hell thats riduclous.

Oh well as long as it stays like that no-one will touch them, so enjoy the champioship next years hammers fans. I wonder if they went down whether we could pinch Tony Carr????????

Essentially CB Holdings want the £70m debt covered and a £50m profit on top.

Just heard on the radio that Mourinho is gone. Could even be suspended for a month and that Moratti has had enough of him.

England is where he will want to come so will he end up at United or Liverpool??????

Last comment made me laugh

"The special one is definitely special, we just don't know which special he is?????" :lol::lol:

EDIT:

I just don't see anyone stumping up 120M for them, add in transfers on top and you've got to be talking 150M, crazy money.

Have to agree about Rothschilds however, if they're meant to be acting for us in finding a buyer then they should be acting for us and us alone. Acting for two Premiership Clubs to the same end surely represents a conflict of interest.

How can it be a conflict of interest.

Rothschilds are a Banking and Investment Company, who deal with world wide companies. providing investment advice, on banking services, venture capital and asset management.

Its no different to an estate agent selling a variety of properties, from terraced houses to country estates.

Where West Ham appear to be a morgage reposession sale in sought after location, Rovers at present are an average semi detatched in a not so prestigue location.

Of couse it could be worst, we could be a corrugated metal shed off Harry Potts Way.

Why are you so confident in that assertion?

No you're not speaking out of turn - this is the minute from the discussion at the last fans Forum meeting on 30th November: -

John stated that there were no artificial barriers to entry for any potential purchaser of the club. A fundamental problem for any purchaser was that there was limited opportunity for added value from the existing operations without significant investment. The only significant area which would yield savings would be the wage bill and any significant cuts there could lead to relegation fairly quickly.

Yeah I can see that - thanks, however it still doesnt make any sense. Liverpool are £350m in debt, need about £200m for a new stadium because they cant extend and then would need another £100-200m spending to make them title winning material.

Rovers would need to clear debts of £20m, build up the stadium if needed and then buy the players........FAR less cost...so it doesnt add up.

Maybe the club could go public on how much it costs to take over us?!

Why are you so confident in that assertion?

I dont get it either...

I noticed on Sky text that the Bankers Rothschilds are trying to sell West Ham and have approached the old Birmingham city owners - who are now interested in buying into the club.

It is also my understanding that Rothschilds are also trying to find a buyer for Rovers. Now I do not claim to have any knowledge on how these things work - but I cannot understand why West Ham who are mega in debt are more attractive than Rovers - who to a certain degree have their house in order.

Putting aside personal likes or dislikes with regards to Brum's previous owners - why have Rothschilds pointed them in the direction of West Ham and not Rovers? Surely Rothschilds have been employed longer by Rovers than West Ham, Rovers have been up for sale for longer than West Ham. Some may say it is the attraction of London clubs - but I cannot except that, when I look at Notts County who are in the lower divisions.

I am wondering if the Walker Trust demands are too accesive for anybody to be interested in buying Rovers - or the trust are not serious about selling. Having certain demands is a good protection for the Club, so I have no concern about that. Or is it just that Rothschilds are no good for Rovers. Or did the previous owners look at Rovers and turned them down or did the club turn them down?

There must be somebody on this message board who have more knowledge on these things than most of us.

Hi everyone, long time reader of the forum first time poster.

Could possible reasons for the preference of the former Birmingham owners for West Ham not be because the value of area / land in which Upton Park is situated will increase dramitically after the regeneration of the area due to the Olympics?

Also as daft as it sounds i have seen a few quotes from Gold and Sullivan saying that they are looking for a southern club due to travelling times to and from work. Thats why they are also looking at Charlton. I can see why West Ham would be attractive to them.

Archived