BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Enough Is Enough

ABBEY

Time for another reach of a suggestion, how about bilic? After all his buddy is here

There is no chance he would come and I don't think he would be able to do much with these players. If we decide to pull the plug on Sam we need someone to come in and concentrate on getting us organised and solid.

I'd be looking for people willing to take a 6 month contract. George Graham or Trappatoni could be worth looking into.

It's probably all conjecture because I don't think the board can afford to sack Sam. I think the best we can hope for is that Sam can win back the dressing room and make a couple of decent signings. That might be all it takes because there are plenty of poor teams and plenty of skint teams.

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same went for Waggy when he apposed the appointment of Allardyce, although he’s being proven correct.

Sorry, but imo waggy is not correct. Nor is he right to stay away from ewood park. At the end of the day a supporter is one who sticks with the club through thick and thin - no matter the manager / tactic / results etc. I cannot get to many games because of where I live and work and other commitments - sadly.

Sam was appointed to keep Rovers up - this he achieved. For some reason the players are not playing as they can - Sams fault with regards to tactics or something else. How can a team play so well v chelsea in the carling cup, turn in the current performances. Some on here my put the result down to Neil Macdonald - maybe the case. But at the end of the day the players have to take responcibility for the game they are playing in. During the game if they can see that something is not working, then they should adapt accordingly. The hoof ball part of the city game was no good at all. But on the few times they played with the ball on the floor, they did ok. Therefore they should have continued that tactic - even if the manager was apposed to it.

My view at the moment is that something with regards to Sam is not working - maybe the way he puts his tactics over to the players or their lack of ability to grasp what he is saying.

But when Sam was appointed, he was the right man at that time - but times change.

Dunny loves BRFC!!?? When will somebody lay this myth to rest? Like all the rest Dunny just loves himself.

Correct, it is a myth. Dunny does love BRFC.

Cheers Hughesy, I think you've just elevated JW status to even greater heights.

Matthewman I would think will be one of the trust members as is he not married to one of the Walkers. Just a pity Jack isnt around to put him into his place.

Question is how does JW and co. keep the Trust, but get rid of Matthewman?

Are you a complete fool!

1. John Williams is effectively a hired hand working for the trust. He's neither the power nor desire to do anything like that.

2. Stuff the likes of Dunny / Hughes / Ince / Allardyce / Williams and Uncle Tom Cobley. The Walker trust is the only thing that does display any loyalty to BRFC and you want to do away with it. They may want to offload and who the hell can blame them with a business like this and with such ingratitude around, but they want to get rid in a proper fashion to fit and proper owners. Prob is there aren't any in sight. Get saving up Jal. about 40m from now and you can hire and fire who the hell you like.

Deary me Gav, what a load of ######.

Waggy went for the person, it was personal, wouldn't have changed his mind for anything blah blah blah...

To suggest that cretin has been proven 'right' is just as ridiculous as some of his posts.

Keep chomping on humble pie shillito15 and the rest of the anti Waggy brigade.

Waggy said he didn’t like the man (Bungs) or the manager (style of football) and we’d be looking for a new manager sooner rather than later.

Correct so far I’d say :P

I got this email reply, whether it came from JW's PA Lynsey im not sure.. But it has JW's name at the bottom, so im assuming typed it.

Dear Isgak

I acknowledge receipt of your e-mail.

The league is getting increasingly competitive but we are just below mid-table and in the Semi-Final of the league cup, although I acknowledge the current run of results is disappointing.

Since Jack died we have all worked very hard to keep the club in the League, and remain competitive. I shall continue to do my best to preserve our status.

Yours sincerely

John Williams

Chairman

Sorry, but imo waggy is not correct. Nor is he right to stay away from ewood park.

Sam was appointed to keep Rovers up - this he achieved. For some reason the players are not playing as they can - Sams fault with regards to tactics or something else.

Sam was appointed to manage the football club, not keep us up last season and let things go to pot this.

His man management skills are clearly 0 and he’s lost the dressing room.

All points Waggy made when he was appointed.

Waggy said he didn’t like the man (Bungs) or the manager (style of football) and we’d be looking for a new manager sooner rather than later.

See my post regarding style of football under Hughes and the players playing the style of football.

The bungs are unfounded. Waggy has proved nothing other than what an absolute moron he is. The way he has gone about his little campaign has reeked of stupidity, and had always thrived on the failure of the club he supports.

Humble pie indeed.

See my post regarding style of football under Hughes and the players playing the style of football.

The bungs are unfounded. Waggy has proved nothing other than what an absolute moron he is. The way he has gone about his little campaign has reeked of stupidity, and had always thrived on the failure of the club he supports.

Humble pie indeed.

Please refer back to my last post :tu:

Birds of a feather... :rolleyes:

As I've already said

1. Prem managers last less than 2 years on average. So waggy's prediction is hardly rocket science is it?

2. waggy wanted to stick with Paul Ince.

Would you say that is also correct so far Gav?

Birds of a feather... :rolleyes:

As I've already said

1. Prem managers last less than 2 years on average. So waggy's prediction is hardly rocket science is it?

2. waggy wanted to stick with Paul Ince.

Would you say that is also correct so far Gav?

is that the rest of the teams in the league, besides the top 4 and say Villa and everton Gord? Wenger, Benitez and SAF as well as Moyes and O

Neill? The only changes have been at Chelsea, but the other 5 have had their manager for ages now. It points to the fact, that the rest of teams cannot compete and having to hire new managers in order to breath fresh life into the clubs.

we all know waggy loves Ince, he has made no secret of that.

It doesn't matter who was right and who was wrong.

I think it does....

Far too often in recent times we’ve had to endure the usual ‘pack’ of posters hammering people with alternative views.

The messageboard was setup to post views and comments that some may not agree with, but recently we’ve attracted a number of people that are trying not to let that happen, and that’s a sad state of affairs.

Now Waggy has had people wound up like the proverbial clock in the past 6 months, and he doesn’t need me to fight his corner, but the current situation the football club finds itself in was predicted by Waggy many months ago, and that fact needs pointing out to the ‘pack’ that constantly try to shout him down and continue to attack him personally for not liking the appointment of Allardyce.

He’s not innocent in all of this and laughs of most of it, but it needs pointing out and I’ve now done that.

Humble pie indeed.

Exactly.

Waggy's disdain for Allardyce was entirely personal. Even when we were doing well, he'd still come out with his sly digs and poorly worded ripostes. Our current situation is no testament to waggy's judgement.

Btw GAV, I don't know if you double as waggy's mother, but no one has ever denied him a right to an opinion. The fact he's still posting on this forum surely proves that. That doesn't mean, however, that no one should call him out if they think he's talking absolute cobblers.

The facts remain that after the next four league games we could be well away from from the relegation zone, and looking very healthy as far as league position goes.

We could, however unlikely it seems be in a cup final at Wembley.

Then would waggy be right?

I find it hard to see how you can defend someone who has not supported his team for over a year. And I find it even more disturbing how you seem to be revelling in the fact that our failures are in your eyes making him look 'right.'

The only thing I, and most others have been trying to prove it what a pathetic/petty idiot waggy is. I certainly think that point is undisputed.

Gav, the biggest irony is the fact that the man who has done the most damage to this football club over the past 18 months in the man waggy supported, Ince.

We should have stuck with Ince apparently. Where would we be now then eh Gav?

I think it does....

Far too often in recent times we’ve had to endure the usual ‘pack’ of posters hammering people with alternative views.

The messageboard was setup to post views and comments that some may not agree with, but recently we’ve attracted a number of people that are trying not to let that happen, and that’s a sad state of affairs.

Now Waggy has had people wound up like the proverbial clock in the past 6 months, and he doesn’t need me to fight his corner, but the current situation the football club finds itself in was predicted by Waggy many months ago, and that fact needs pointing out to the ‘pack’ that constantly try to shout him down and continue to attack him personally for not liking the appointment of Allardyce.

He’s not innocent in all of this and laughs of most of it, but it needs pointing out and I’ve now done that.

seruiously Gav, i with many others had our doubts when Ince was announced as manager. In fact, i rememeber saying after we had lost a few pre season friendlies, that we will be in trouble with Ince. People took me apart, because it was only pre season games. I knew for a fact, that Ince wouldnt be the right guy, because he was far too arrogant and far too inexperienced. Waggy's hatred or disliking of Allardyce on the other hand has more to do with his loyalty towards Ince, and not being able to admit that Ince was the wrong choice. To not look like a fool, he constantly attacks Allardyce to divert attention away from him and how wrong he was about Ince.

Sam did a job last season, and he was given the opportunity to continue the good work. Things havent worked out well, and Waggy imo has been living more in hope that Allardyce would be a failure, thus predicting that things would turn out the way they have. He has just become fortunate, that what he would have liked to see happen, has happened. Any fan who wishes bad things upon the club, is no fan/supporter of this club. As a supporter, you support the club through the good times and the bad. Right now, its bad times and it aint fun being in this situation but we just got to live in hope that things become better.

The biggest worry I have is that most the fans calling for the head of Allardyce haven't really considered the bigger picture...

Very good post Shilito.

Things are looking bleak at the moment, but they are not yet desperate. We need to get some perspective - although we are on a horrible run of form and although we have played a game more than our rivals, we still sit in 13th. I'd imagine most predicted us to finish here at the season's start. Four points in our next two home league fixtures (easily achievable considering our home form) and we'll retain that position.

An Allardyce tenure was never going to be easy going. His football isn't pleasant on the eye and it is something of a throw back from the old school of English football management, but it has brought previous success - at least enough to accumulate the magic 35 - 40 points necessary to remain in the division. We're currently very much on course for that target.

People want Hughes, but Hughes doesn't want us. He will not be coming back. That leaves us with the likes of Curbishley, Jewell, Warnock, Coppell, and Reid from the old guard Premier League managers on the one hand, and the up and comers such as Grayson (I doubt he'd come), Lambert, O'Driscoll, Sousa, Pearson etc on the other. Frankly, I'd rather have Allardyce. I suppose if it came to it, I'd probably have one of Curbs or Warnock, but neither are exactly inspiring.

Stick with the manager for now. If we can grind out 10 points over the next 10 games, then we're still on course for survival. Allardyce's teams are extremely resiliant in the final push for Prem survival.

Dunny loves BRFC!!?? When will somebody lay this myth to rest? Like all the rest Dunny just loves himself.

If he were truly a supporter of the club, then he wouldn't be releasing info of his contract rejection in the wake of the club's terrible run of form.

Apologies if this has been picked up elsewhere.. but sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander apparently... Under-fire Blackburn manager Sam Allardyce has two games to save his job, with growing unrest from the fans and the club's board.

Take a look at the first and only reply :D

I really think that we would be back to square one if we were to just get rid of Allardyce now. I don't see anyone being able to come in and change things. I think that we'll just have to put this season and last season behind us and expect a big clear out of players in the summer and allow some new players to come in. How can any team expect to go anywhere on a budget like ours and then sack the manager when things start to go badly. We all know where the problems lie in our team - a lack of creativity in the midfield, a lack of goals from the strikers and a general lack of pace throughout the side. However these things cost money and we haven't got any apparently, even after years of selling our best players for top dollar and playing in the richest league in the world. I'm not looking to defend Sam at all, because I think that some of his signings and tactics have been dreadful. My reasons for not sacking him, aren't out of support for him, but rather for the stability and future of the club. Whenever I've seen other managers sacked because of a bad string of results, I wonder how any manager can build anything at a club, if he only ever has 6 games to save his job? As I said earlier, it may be best to keep Sam, who I'm not a big fan of, let him keep us up, and in the summer have a big clear out of the deadwood players like Diouf, Andrews and Pedersen, who are choking the club financially and start to bring new players, who can address the problems we have in. In the here and now, Sam has to get us playing better, stop playing crap players like Andrews, get Grella fit and stop playing this one man up front thing, which was affective for a few games, but clearly hasn't worked for a long time.

The only thing I, and most others have been trying to prove it what a pathetic/petty idiot waggy is. I certainly think that point is undisputed.

Point proven I feel, the blokes not even on the site and you're attacking him personally, which is pathetic really from behind a keyboard.

Anyway I've had my rant now, you can't educate a brick, so I'll leave it alone :tu:

A good thread this. It's an interesting debate.

One thing that nobody has considered (I think). What if what's required at Blackburn is a good clear out of players, due to their fading skills, attitudes to change, lack of competitive spirit etc? I'm not saying that's the case. It's not my club. I don't know the squad well enough.

But, if that is the case, you would be wrong to get rid of Allardyce. I don't believe you will go down this season, becuase there are worse teams than you around. You will pick up points against your fellow strugglers. I don't think Portsmouth will. There are two relegation places up for grabs - and lots of contenders, including us. Allardyce is a good man for that scrap. More importantly, he is an excellent man for the restructuring your squad probably needs. He'll ship out the dead wood.

Just a view. Don't slaughter me for it!

Stick with the manager for now. If we can grind out 10 points over the next 10 games, then we're still on course for survival. Allardyce's teams are extremely resiliant in the final push for Prem survival.

10 points out of our next 10 games would be an awful return TCJ. Add to this our nightmare run in where we face all the top teams and I reckon that return would see us down.

Point proven I feel, the blokes not even on the site and you're attacking him personally, which is pathetic really from behind a keyboard.

Anyway I've had my rant now, you can't educate a brick, so I'll leave it alone :tu:

Too much irony going on. Interesting how you ignore my last point. Or is that convenient? Oh well.

A good thread this. It's an interesting debate.

One thing that nobody has considered (I think). What if what's required at Blackburn is a good clear out of players, due to their fading skills, attitudes to change, lack of competitive spirit etc? I'm not saying that's the case. It's not my club. I don't know the squad well enough.

Surely the manager is employed to get the best out of what he's got, I'd say only Andrews out of the first team squad isn't good enough to play in the premiership.

Allardyce has to work with what he’s got, that’s why we pay him so handsomely, but he’s not doing his job and that’s a real worry.

His man management skills seem to be sadly lacking if Mondays performance was anything to go by/

Too much irony going on. Interesting how you ignore my last point. Or is that convenient? Oh well.

House-Brick-Stress-Shape-265.jpg

See my last post :tu:

Archived