BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Enough Is Enough

ABBEY

Why don't we just get Tony Parkes back as caretaker manager and use the time to find the right guy (I know it's still too early to say it, as Sam is still in charge). But that solution could not be any worse <_<

No I do not think bringing Tony Parkes back is the solution. TP was good for Rovers at his time, but BOTH have now moved on. Neil Macdonald may be worth a shot and retire Sam on health grounds.

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

13 pages in one day? Gimmie a break.

Sam is the only man to turn this club around. And before I carry on, don't say Hughes cos he will not come back.

It is going to take Sam time with the limited money we have to build a good team. I have faith that he will keep us up again and build once more in the summer. Look at the long term of this club and you can see that there are very few people that could be a success at this club. And yes, before anyone asks, I do see Sam being successful right now, and he will continue.

I assume you havent watched the past 12months under BFS?

I think everyone appreciated we had to sure up and make sure we win the games we had to stay up last season.

Sam had money in the summer and a chance to build up a decent squad who could win football matches. He has failed in every sense of the word. We look no better than when Ince was in charge.

This is what makes me think twice about calling for his head. Everyone on here likes to act all high and mighty and look down on the 'reactionary' Geordies but in fact we are in a very similar position and are acting just the same. Just thinking about how smug everyone on here was about that situation makes me wonder whether this is just the panic talking and not being as rational as possible.

If we were thinking we should be high flyers like the Geordies seemed to think and talking about how big a club we are and deserve better because of it, then I could see your point. However, this is not us being unrealistic about where we should be in the league. This is just us saying we'd like to see our team put in a decent fighting performance sometimes, with some play that's worth watching that excites us and gets us shouting and cheering our team on. We don't think we're better than we are just that we ought, even with what we have, to be able to put in a decent effort and get some of our strikers getting proper chances. I'm not asking, and i don't think others are too, for wonderful free flowing football all the time, and accept that sometimes we have to go direct. However, the occasional Olé moment ought to be possible. Players who believe in the manager and one another ought to be possible. Birmingham are doing it, and they were tipped for the drop by many at the start of the season.

No I do not think bringing Tony Parkes back is the solution. TP was good for Rovers at his time, but BOTH have now moved on. Neil Macdonald may be worth a shot and retire Sam on health grounds.

We can't do that.

1) It's ethically pretty disgusting to use a man's poor health to try and get out of paying compensation.

2) Legally I think, unless you had a medical professional intervening and saying he could not complete his tasks or Sam resigned, it would be viewed as constructive dismissal.

3) Even if he does leave on health grounds he probably would be enititled to full/half pay for a period of time depending what is stipulated in his contract.

Numbers I come up with is we will probably pay £3m if we fired him? Based on a £2m pa salary. Anyone got a better insight on this?

Guest Kamy100

Sam's treading a very fine line. Allegedly Blanking the directors after the match is not going to help is cause.

For what it's worth I am not sure sacking him is the correct move, the main reason for this is who can we replace him with? A foreign coach with no premier league experience is no good to us, the available managers domestically are no better than Sam. Hughes? he may come back, he still has a fantastic relationship with John Williams, but then again he may feel that he needs time away from the game.

13 pages in one day? Gimmie a break.

Sam is the only man to turn this club around. And before I carry on, don't say Hughes cos he will not come back.

It is going to take Sam time with the limited money we have to build a good team. I have faith that he will keep us up again and build once more in the summer. Look at the long term of this club and you can see that there are very few people that could be a success at this club. And yes, before anyone asks, I do see Sam being successful right now, and he will continue.

I'll have some of what you're on.

With Allardyce in charge we are headed one way - down.

Sam's treading a very fine line. Allegedly Blanking the directors after the match is not going to help is cause.

Regardless of his relationship with Williams, Hughes wouldn't come back. It would show an incredible lack of ambition, and he is a very ambitious character.

For what it's worth I am not sure sacking him is the correct move, the main reason for this is who can we replace him with? A foreign coach with no premier league experience is no good to us, the available managers domestically are no better than Sam. Hughes? he may come back, he still has a fantastic relationship with John Williams, but then again he may feel that he needs time away from the game.

This is the reason I would be inclined to stick with Allardyce. Unless things are looking utterly hopeless (remember, we are still 13th in the table), then there is no better alternative out there. If a change were to be made, it would have to be one of the old school manager's with experience of keeping teams in the league - somebody like Jewell or Curbishley.

I'm not against appointing a relative unknown, but not when we are in the midst of a relegation scrap - it is simply too big a risk. They would have to be appointed at the beginning of the summer and allowed time to make an impact on the club.

I think we should start boycotting away games

I've been to 3 this season and seen 0 goals and nothing that says we are staying up

Until we start taking away matches seriously then the fans should stop going to them. If a few still want to go then maybe have a large banner made up reminding Sam how @#/? our record is away

Isn't that why we appointed Allardyce?

Indeed. But remember he actually did an excellent job last season in keeping a team in absolute crisis in the division. We needed somebody to keep us up, and he achieved this when most wouldn't have.

If I remember correctly, Martinez was one of the potential alternatives at the time. I don't think his philosophy of free flowing football would have kept us up but, given time, he has managed to do a reasonably good job at Wigan. Now isn't the time to give an up-and-coming manager his shot.

I think we should start boycotting away games

I've been to 3 this season and seen 0 goals and nothing that says we are staying up

Until we start taking away matches seriously then the fans should stop going to them. If a few still want to go then maybe have a large banner made up reminding Sam how @#/? our record is away

The boycott is underway, on the Birdy Bus last night, a few lads who NEVER miss games were saying 'that's it for me' and 'i've seen the light'

12 months of, at times disgusting away performances has totally drained the most committed of supporters.

Hughes? he may come back, he still has a fantastic relationship with John Williams, but then again he may feel that he needs time away from the game.

He left because of lack of money Kamy. That hasn't changed. No point going back any way. Move on.

Whilst undoubtedly they did not play particularly well every single Citeh player was of a higher quality that his Rovers opposite number. Dont even get started on the subs.......

We gifted them all the goals. If we cut our stupid mistakes maybe we could have given them a better games. At times during the games, we had long spells of possesion and they did not really trouble us, other than the goals we put on a plate for them. City were not brilliant, we just made them look brilliant.

We have enough good players in the squad to stay up, but only if they are a) picked, B) allowed to do what they are good at and c) motivated, none of which will happen under Allardyce.

As has been mentioned earlier, against Bolton and Chelsea it looked like the players wanted to play for McDonald and in both those games i thought he showed a positivity in his substitutions when the games were still open than we never see from the current oaf.

It makes sense to me to do what we did when Harford got canned: put the AM in as caretaker for the rest of the season with a nice staying up bonus and a commitment that he will stay with the club if and when a new manager is appointed in the summer when we have time to do it properly.

We need to make the change now though; not because I want him to spend money in the window - I don't think we should do that - but because I don't want Allardyce to firstly gut the squad and then spend the money in this window. Plus, if we don't win some games in the next few weeks, we're down.

Archived