BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Enough Is Enough

ABBEY

All my kids support rovers and have been staunch supporters for allardyce but even the one who, as a sports journalist, tries to think with her head and not her heart, is saying that enough is enough. Misery is not the only way of life. There has to be at least the hope of something better and it's the lack of hope, the disappearance of any shred of optimism, that is really getting to people. They say JW reads this board - if it's true then the message must be that even those who try not to do knee-jerk are feeling a twitching in those limbs that will get worse not better unless something changes at Ewood.

Its by no means a Knee Jerk reaction Mrs Croydon, we have had far too many of those recently. The fact of teh matter is, that every game is becoming a bit of a farce

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although we are on relagation form at the moment i think that there are a number of poor teams in the premier league this year and that we will survive due to this reasons. But we do need to start winning games. I still think that portsmouth burnley hull bolton and west ham are all struggling and will continue to do so this year which will be Rovers saviour.

I think we should give Sam time to build his own squad because changing managers just doesnt work in the long term. Look at the teams that change to often: NEWCASTLE, PORTSMOUTH, QPR just to say a few.

However i think JW and the board usually make the right decision at the right time, as showed in the other situation, appointment of Mark Hughes and sacking of Paul Ince.

Lets give Sam the backing of the supporters untill the end of the season and assess the siutation then.( NEXT 4-5

GAMES ARE CRUCIAL INCLUDING SEMI-FINAL ON THURSDAY)

Thu 14th 20:00 Carling Cup Blackburn vs Aston Villa

Sun 17th 15:00 Premier League Blackburn vs Fulham

Wed 20th 19:45 Carling Cup Aston Villa vs Blackburn

Wed 27th 19:45 Premier League Blackburn vs Wigan

Sat 30th 15:00 Premier League West Ham vs Blackburn

February

Sat 6th 15:00 Premier League Stoke vs Blackburn

Wed 10th 19:45 Premier League Blackburn vs Hull

Mon 22nd 20:00 Premier League Blackburn vs Bolton

Out of these games we need at least 9-12 points and that means scoring goals and beating the teams around us

Dan my little lad just turned 1 and I love him to much to make him watch the crap being churned out at Ewood at the moment, Im hoping he prefers rugby or another sport entirely as he gets older :blink:

(Please don't use that word again), and to think i bought my son a Rovers kit... I wont make him wear it, unless things improve. :angry2:

Although we are on relagation form at the moment i think that there are a number of poor teams in the premier league this year and that we will survive due to this reasons. But we do need to start winning games. I still think that portsmouth burnley hull bolton and west ham are all struggling and will continue to do so this year which will be Rovers saviour.

I think we should give Sam time to build his own squad because changing managers just doesnt work in the long term. Look at the teams that change to often: NEWCASTLE, PORTSMOUTH, QPR just to say a few.

However i think JW and the board usually make the right decision at the right time, as showed in the other situation, appointment of Mark Hughes and sacking of Paul Ince.

Lets give Sam the backing of the supporters untill the end of the season and assess the siutation then.( NEXT 4-5

February

Out of these games we need at least 9-12 points and that means scoring goals and beating the teams around us

If we dont get points out of those games, then we are officialy screwed... imo i say (Please don't use that word again) the Carling Cup semi's

Minimum of 2 wins out of those 3 games in bold IMO. We NEVER beat the Hammers away so it looks like we'll have to do it at home. Failure to beat Fulham or Wigan at home though would be the end of Allardyce.

I think this is important.

I see myself as an overly optimistic Rover and for me to enough is enough. If we don't even have our fighting spirit its no point turning up. The negativity of Sam is rubbing of on the players. They dont seem to care at all. Why should I care if no one else does?

I agree with the first bit - however im willing to give him the next 2 league games - if no improvement in results then he has to go.

As for caring - as a Supporter, il always care!

1) I agree with the first bit - however im willing to give him the next 2 league games - if no improvement in results then he has to go.

2) As for caring - as a Supporter, il always care!

1) 2 games is an incredibly short space of time for somebody you believe in. He's either the right man to take us forwards or he isn't. You've mentioned patience a lot in the past couple of months but now you'd sack him if he doesn't take 4 points from our next two games?

2) Absolutely. We need this right now.

A few of us posted months ago about how we felt things were going, yet we got shouted down as "not real supporters", now because a few more agree, suddenly they're caring about our plight?

We cared all along, but could see this coming. No fight, no tactics, no idea. I think it was the fact that we were playing the Arsenals and Chelseas of this league that actually disguised what a mess we were/are in.

I'm getting sick of the fact (or excuse) that we'll be ok this season as there're worse clubs than us. Staying up should be in our hands, as it was from the beginning of the season, we all started equal.

Should we keep him because we can't find anyone better suited? No! We should move heaven and earth to find someone who can take this club forward. There will be someone out there. There must even be someone in the lower league's who'll manage to set us up better than Allardyce ever does. Better shape, more attacking mentality, more fight!!

That's all I ask.

I agree with the first bit - however im willing to give him the next 2 league games - if no improvement in results then he has to go.

As for caring - as a Supporter, il always care!

Thats why we support Rovers spot on otherwise why would be talking about Rovers (the team WE support and follow alexander)

Poll on teamtalk shows that its not just the majority of the rovers fans that think we're in big trouble.

Which of these mid-table sides are most likely to be in a relegation battle this season?

Stoke

18%

Sunderland

6%

Everton

5%

Blackburn

71%

Poll on teamtalk shows that its not just the majority of the rovers fans that think we're in big trouble.

Which of these mid-table sides are most likely to be in a relegation battle this season?

Stoke

18%

Sunderland

6%

Everton

5%

Blackburn

71%

I think anyone with half a brain would think we are the most likely out of those teams.

Stoke

18%

Sunderland

6%

Everton

5%

Blackburn

71%

We all know that we are in the relegation battle we will be while our squad is full of average over paid players and we dont have the same money as the other teams in this poll so thats an obvious answer to anyone

February

Good call, let's not do a Notlob and embarrass ourselves. Let's give the team and the management the support they need and try to help to lift them. I've defended Sam all the way and I am starting to loose patience, maybe it doesn't help working with a load of Manc's.

Please turn up and get behind the lads, and a message to the boo boy's out there just bite your lip and hold it back as that's the last thing anybody wants to hear.

Ok tugay not on his own .what about (thinking out loud here ..brainstorming bfore i get hung)...but with curbishly? dowie? peter reid?....just a thought ....im despondent and ready to kill.

I've been reading some of the garbage on here and,bearing in mind the thread was started by Abbey,this reasoned follow-up to his initial post had me choking on my cornflakes.Dispense with Sam and replace with any of those and we'd be absolutely no better off.Probably worse.

Granted we're poor and lacking in confidence at present but I genuinely believe we'll stay up by dint of the fact that there's at least 3 teams either poorer or more skint than we are.

Anyhow,who'd want the job at present? It's a poisoned chalice..."previous Premiership champions,growing tradition of selling off the family jewels and replacing with cheap tat.Also sadly now without a pot to p**s in seek new manager".

My take is maintain the status quo,survive(barely) and then conduct a thorough review in the summer.If this then suggests it's time for a new manager and a fresh approach then that's okay with me.

Final thought...we're pretty much where we're meant to be currently:lower mid-table.All you glory-boys,you need to forget thoughts of top-6 etc,that aint going to be happening again any time soon.

1) 2 games is an incredibly short space of time for somebody you believe in. He's either the right man to take us forwards or he isn't. You've mentioned patience a lot in the past couple of months but now you'd sack him if he doesn't take 4 points from our next two games?

2) Absolutely. We need this right now.

2 games is a short time - but by that stage, we will of played 2 semi's & 2 league games - if we havent won any of those 4 games then something is clearly wrong.

3 points and he would probably get another game from me (but thats West Ham away). I think he's the right man, however I dont play for us, and maybe some of the 1st teamers are not pulling their weight for him?

I agree with that somewhat but you have to get the best out of what you have got, Sam isnt doing this and has had plenty of time to change his way's but continues with this lacklustre formation and a defeatist atitude.

Fulham, Stoke, Brum, even Everton have similar squads to ours and our managaging to get more out of there average players, Birminham are showing a work ethic like we used to have personified by bowyer, we have no such player to install some fighting spirit back into the team therefore the fight has to come from the manager and sat in the stands calmly collecting data in the first half doesnt give us what we need.

How many goals have we conceded in the first half and how many times have we started to play better in the second half?

The knee-jerk reaction to this latest defeat is horrible!

In the current situation we expected to get beaten by City.

Our Mid-field is a mess and too weak for City's big men.

This has always been a 'work-in-progress' season.

This is not the worst there has ever been(its not even the worst since 1992)

and that's why players like Faz,Parkes,Field and Garner are true legends.

Sam sets the team up to defend and then we let in a terrible goal like

the first one last night.

At 1-3 last night N'Zonzi should have made it 2-3 and then Citeh would

have been rocking.

Our complaint is that everyone knew the team's lay-out for last night

was wrong in the first half(except the Management) and EVERYONE is now agreed that

Andrews is just not good enough.

Apart from that there are at least 4 teams worse than us.

My worry is that new Seasonticket holders will be 'spooked' by the slaughter on here.

And I feel sorry for the 450 that went.

Beerwins - they have Bowyer, Seb Larson & McFadden all working very hard & also supplying quality balls into the box at every opportunity - we have nobody that does that!

I understand that and none of them players really broke the bank, I just think that when we signed salgado he was the right sort of player but in the wrong position, not too mention the fact that we have too much competition for that spot already.

We needed a player like this in the middle of the park until this is sorted out I dont think we will be seeing much more fight.

John Williams is looking into the abyss right now ... does he stick or twist?

We are very poor right now, but a lot of that is to do with our lack of finance. We do need a minor miracle worker (or even a major one). Is Allardyce that man and can he get us through to the end of the season?

Getting rid now is risky, and has to be weighed up against the risk that we're playing so gash right now, that we could well go anyway.

Questions have to be asked. Why has so much of our limited resource been spent on players who are not allowed to make any difference? Salgado, Kalinic, even you could argue van Heerden (room on the wage bill). Why have we signed players we don't need and not players we do need? Why are we seemingly throwing games before stepping on the pitch? How much of Allardyce's success at Bolton was down to his mammoth backroom staff which he doesn't have here? How does Allardyce *really* see the situation, and does he have a credible plan for getting us out of it? If we did get shot of him, what are our options, do we have a shortlist with the requisite calibre of candidate on it?

We must stay up at all costs. John Williams needs to take whatever action he needs to do to ensure this. if that means binning Sam and paying compensation out of the coffers (the money can be found surely if it saves relegation), or finding a few million quid more for some decent midfielders (ditto, although would Sam tell them to hoof it?)

All things are possible right now. one thing's for sure, inaction isn't an option. If you've got a lion charging towards you at full speed, you don't pretend you're a tree. You tend to get eaten that way.

February

now i understand this is your opinion, but are you mad? every team below us in the table have a game in hand, some have 2 bolton have 3. our recent winless form is now worse than ince, the difference being we are in a semi and are 3 points from the drop rather than in it.

i personally backed sam as i, like many belived he was the best man at the time but he has managed to turn a bully boy team into a bunch of ballerena (sp?) fairys. it takes the team going 1, 2 or even 3 goals down before they even attempt to score a goal, or attack for that matter. ewood park is becoming as silent as a funeral, even the no1 guys are struggling to keep on singing. as soon as a team sheet is announced i lose all hope of winning a game. 451 could work if the midfield (or lack of) attacked but we are playing a 901 (and still concede). we still have no savage, nor have we got a new tugay instead we are stuck with a a retard with pixie dust (keef) and a lad who gives his all but isnt good enough to cover both center mid positions, not to mention 7000000million players that can play right back. we have no left back, we rely on a center back or a right back to cover that position. the very little money we had for transfers in the summer went on a 7m striker who no matter how well he plays cant get a game, 2 of our 3 creative players are out of contract in the summer with the other up for sale as i type this. we have also yet to replace bently, and pedersen (may as well not be here) our keeper doesnt know his left from right when it comes to shots more than 10 yards away, and does our defence help with this? they ###### stand there like a cat caught in headlamps and allow people to shoot. we are a 'foot'ball team who, with our current manager lack the basic principles of the game, passing along the floor, tackling and attacking.

half the fans cant make their mind up, anyone remember "we have to beat birmingham" that changed to "we have to beat wigan" that changed to "we have to beat sunderland" and now its "we have to beat fulham" make your god damn ###### mind up people!!!!!

its like this, sam stays we go down. may be this season may be next, either way we go down. and even if sam goes whoever replaces him has got a hell of a job repairing the damage sam (and ince) have caused. damned if we do damned if we dont

The knee-jerk reaction to this latest defeat is horrible!

In the current situation we expected to get beaten by City.

Our Mid-field is a mess and too weak for City's big men.

This has always been a 'work-in-progress' season.

This is not the worst there has ever been(its not even the worst since 1992)

and that's why players like Faz,Parkes,Field and Garner are true legends.

Sam sets the team up to defend and then we let in a terrible goal like

the first one last night.

At 1-3 last night N'Zonzi should have made it 2-3 and then Citeh would

have been rocking.

Our complaint is that everyone knew the team's lay-out for last night

was wrong in the first half(except the Management) and EVERYONE is now agreed that

Andrews is just not good enough.

Apart from that there are at least 4 teams worse than us.

My worry is that new Seasonticket holders will be 'spooked' by the slaughter on here.

And I feel sorry for the 450 that went.

Yes, we probably expect to get beaten by City at the moment. Yes, we expect to be midtable at best, but we are mid table with teams behind us who have at least one and in the case of Bolton 3 games in hand. We can't keep saying if this had happened we might have got something out of this game or that game. We have to start making our own good luck by actually challenging for every ball, being there to feed on knock- downs, closing players down. I watched Everton play Arsenal at the weekend and what was noticeable was not how much better than us Everton are in terms of their players ( they are better perhaps but not that much) It was the fact that everyone of them ran his socks off for himself, for his teammates and for his manager. They madee their chances in the way that we used to - by damned hard work and effort. It's not a knee jerk reaction to say something must change. It's fact.

Of course Ill not stop caring about Rovers. I will never do, but it was a post entirely to show how lethargic you can become when none of the players earning millions doesn't care.

I know the team needs us, but do they respond - I don't feel like it?

It is almost as you are giving your girlfriend 10 times to change and she never does.

Archived