BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Enough Is Enough

ABBEY

Ive had 4 hours to sleep on it and now at work I am trying to get my head around the overall scope of things.

I believe that Sam Allardyce CAN turn things around in the short-term to guarantee survival however, he is NOT the man to take this club forward, and looking at things, it is becoming difficult to envisage how we can even go side-ways these days. He is not delivering the kind of things he was renowned for at Bolton. Before anyone talks about the players they had or the physical style they showed, I will argue that our players are in a similar mould.

1) Allardyce has two games in my opinion to turn things around and it starts with Villa. Anything short of a win by 2 goals and we are virtually out. But a win nonetheless would lift the gloom for the decisive league game against Fulham. Because we HAVE to win that, whichever way you look at it.

2) The window is half-way through and even if we were to part with Sam then there would be no chance anyone could make an impact and that is why I think he will not be pushed out regardless of upcoming games.

3) There are virtually no realistic names that would stand out to become our next manager. The suspects will be Dowie, Curbishley, Reid, Shearer, Souness. Stop throwing around names like Hiddink and Laudrup, cause you make yourself look foolish.

4) This leads us to this point which is KEY. If Allardyce has the support of key board members (of the club I mean), then he should be given a little bit of money without having to lick the bottoms of couches to find a couple of pence worth. Give him 5-7 million because you cant have it both ways. Obviously things arent working. Something has to change, and Id personally STILL rather he is given funds, not much even, to bring in FRESH BLOOD because half this squad isnt good enough.

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Up in arms?? You drama queen. Do you contribute anything at all to this mb other than making holier-than-thou observations about people you happen to disagree with - especially Revidge Blue and me?

You're obsessed.

I'm not obsessed at all. In fact I've enjoyed Rev's posts for a long time and responded --wait for it---TWICE!------on one particular thread which I thought was petty and tedious. As for you, I think you're a bully who attacks someone in virtually every posts he writes but fumes when he gets some back.

As for my contribution to the messageboard I'll leave that to others but the vast majority of my posts are not attacking anyone on here and I would never call anyone on here a prick. Over to you.

Whit the negative tactics on display and how the players actually are playing I wonder what Sam tells them.

I haven't seen worse lack of effort and fighting spirit in a long long time.

We used to be renowned for this. If you aren't as good as the other team on paper you can compensate with effort!

I would never think I was going to right this, but I actually agree with Abbey.

Yesterday's match and been some of them this year makes me stop and think; "Is it really worth is being a Rover?" When we get a loss like yesterday it only leads to me being grumpy and devestated. Nothing good comes out of it.

Sam has had his tries and I can't imagine how he can play Andrews and not Kalinic when every supporter out there is seeing that is what he should do. Nzonzi - Dunn , Kalinic - Di Santo. It is obvious!

He buys a 21 yeard old with great potential, but doesnt give him the chance. Instead he keeps playing Di Santo who is on loan from Chelsea. We are doing Chelsea a favour instead of ourselves. Is he sucking up to become the next manager?

Sometimes I actually miss Ince.

Funny how time changes your perceptions. I miss him like a toothache. I agree about your selection choices though and Sam is going to have to go that way because there is no other. Must be given some money to fix the midfield though or we are gone.

I would never think I was going to right this, but I actually agree with Abbey.

Yesterday's match and been some of them this year makes me stop and think; "Is it really worth is being a Rover?" When we get a loss like yesterday it only leads to me being grumpy and devestated. Nothing good comes out of it.

Sam has had his tries and I can't imagine how he can play Andrews and not Kalinic when every supporter out there is seeing that is what he should do. Nzonzi - Dunn , Kalinic - Di Santo. It is obvious!

He buys a 21 yeard old with great potential, but doesnt give him the chance. Instead he keeps playing Di Santo who is on loan from Chelsea. We are doing Chelsea a favour instead of ourselves. Is he sucking up to become the next manager?

Sometimes I actually miss Ince.

Big Sam as Chelsea manager? That would never happen in a million years. I can't see BFS getting another job in the premier league. We play the worst football I've seen in the prem this season. We don't have the worst players in the league. I'm starting to think Sam has lost his marbles, isn't it fair to expect when someone tries something that doesn't work or ever look like working, that they try something different? Or maybe Sam has only one set of tactics. It worked at Bolton, but hasn't worked anywhere else. I've rather we get someone in like Keegan. We might still go down, but at least it'll be lot more entertaining. If Rovers were playing in my back garden last night, I'd have shut the curtains at half time. I don't get excited about watching the match anymore, it just ruins my evening/weekend.

I've just become a daddy, I'm wondering if it is fair on my little son to make him support Rovers. It's all downhill from here. When he is 10 where will we be? Probably league one if we are still around.

Im now hungover in the teachers room and about to take my class sledging because that performance last night drove me to drink.

The blame has to lie at Sams feet. I dont think we will go down with him in charge but next season will be the same if not worse. Keith Andrews is an embarassment but is being played every week. We just crumble when up against good oposition which is not the Blackburn of 2 seasons ago.

I dont think JW will sack him but the board must be getting impatient. He seems to damm cocky and relaxed and isnt showing passion...which is rubbing off onto the players. To add to that, our best player last night, Pedersen, and our other talented player, benni, will both be sold if he gets his way.

Look, I am fedup of watching crap wek in, week out. I am loyal (blinkered) but will continue to turn up for now. How many potential fans (schoolkids etc) have been turned off by the dreadful stuff we have to suffer home and away....you cannot blame kids for wanting to support Arsenal,and even City etc.

I have just about had enough and will be vocal at the Fulham game if I do not see interest, effort and maybe even a bit of skill from our overpaid lardarsed players and manager.

I had to return my ticket for the illa game on Thursday due to work; and do you know what I do not even feel upset or disappointed at not going...and I am a diehard of many years standing.

This Club of mine (and yours) is slowing limping to the trapdoor of relegation and oblivion.

I've always backed Sam and I still believe it takes time to build a squad, yet under Allardyce we seem to be going backwards. I appreciate we have no funds but that doesn't mean we have to lose the will to win. Where has the fight gone that we showed against Chelsea? Why can't we play to our strengths? Allardyce has got to go for it on Thursday night, if he doesn't show signs of improvement and a will to win then that could spell the end. I will always back a manager but even I am coming to the end of my tether. If we go out and win 2-0 on Thursday then beat Fulham on Sunday then everything will be rosey but somehow I just can't see that happening.

We can not afford to financially back a replacement manager, we also can not afford to pay off the rest of Sam's contract. So where does that leave us??? I'd even take Souness back for the rest of the season to see if they'll inject a bit of passion into our side. Tugay would be a good understudy for Souey and surely they would take us forward rather than backwards.

It's not the face we got beat at City, it's the way we got beat and the way we are going into games continually with the wrong formation and the wrong team selection. If Joe public can see it then why can't the 'expert' management team?

If I continually made the wrong decisions at work and failed to reach my targets week in week out then I would be sent packing, without a huge payout.

Sam is driving away the fans that the club has worked so hard in trying to bring back.

....and failed

agree... However, having not been an Ince fan, he did try to play a bit of football. At the time, and with the players we had it did not justify playing pretty football. Not much change to the playing personel now, but if plan A does not work, you try plan B, and if that doesnt work you try plan C. Ince did not have a plan B and C, and it seems neither does Sam

This is the worrying aspect at the moment, that Sam has no other game plan. When we played 4-4-2, and ball to feet and on the ground, we looked good. However, he is being arrogant and naive by sticking to a method of football that is clearly not working. You need as a manager to mix things up, and motivate players to do well. Again, sitting in the stands with the chairman is not my cup of tea, it sends the wrong signal to the players, that the manager is not on the touchline with and part of the TEAM.

The other thing, is that sam is failing to recognise the inability of the likes of Andrews, Diouf and Pedersen. This is becoming very much a case of, screw you im the manager and i know what im doing. Clearly Not! He is messing around with the likes of Kalinic and Hoilett, 2 promising youngsters who have more to offer than 3 Charlies who are too comfortable in their positions.

The overall outcome, is that Sam is talking too much and doing very little to rectify problems. He is talking about Man City getting into the top 4, why doesnt he concentrate more on talking about getting Rovers away from the trap door Thats my little rap for today ;):lol:

His main supporter - is a member of the board....and wanted him before Ince.

I said.....

There are a few other board members on here who know all about it too. Sam has had many bust up's with JW in his time here.

Mattheman is his biggest fan and the main reason he got the job

And Hughesy is right - Big Sam has some powerful allies who wanted him before Ince and made sure he got it last time. Don't underestimate that.

Nicko, Long time no speak. The number one ally is definately still behind his man but others has you probably know are wavering, but you know that the whole club isnt in a happy mood and hasnt been since last summer. Im sure there are one or two others on this board who know exactly what I am on about and are probably about now most in tune with the majority of the board of directors. But I would say that the few on the board who are in tune with the fans are annoyed their pot of gold was spent on a potential flop of big proportions especially considering the other striker that was on the table. The events that occurred between 9.55 and 10.35 tonight have probably shaped the clubs immediate future and im sure you know exactly what im on about. Some players are living on past successes and free agents or not in the summer they dont grace the shirt with pride anymore and for me thats the sad part of all this.

You are a total prick. This is like your "GAME'S OFF" post withstupid.gifangry.gif

He Said.....

Take it you dont agree with 3 seperate people on the matter then Tris?? Its wierd how 3 (and I know of at least 2 more on the mb) know about it - yet according to you im a 'prick'. For what - telling the truth?? :wstu:

I never wanted Allardyce but since he came in have managed to keep fairly quiet about it and tried not to criticise unduly. I didn't watch last night's match - my husband got ESPN so that he could but I chose to mark books, a job I consider the worst part of teaching, rather than watch because i felt I knew what to expect. It sounds like I made the right choice. The question I've always asked up to now is "Who could we realistically get who'd be better?" The question I'm now asking is "Who could we realistically get who'd be worse?" I don't boo my team and even if we were to lose the next 2 games I don't think I could bring myself to do it, but the fare on offer, even at Ewood nowadays, is dire and I've stopped going to away games because you know that the best you'll see is a draw and more often than not you'd witness a thrashing. I remember going to Anfield a few years back when we got a 0-0 draw. Not a moment's excitement in the game for Rovers but spoke to people coming out after the game and they were saying, "I was proud of my team tonight." That's all I ask really. Not necessarily wins, and especially not against the biggest teams, but a pride in performance that we can all share in. So, apart from Ince, who could do worse?

I've stopped going to away games because you know that the best you'll see is a draw and more often than not you'd witness a thrashing. I remember going to Anfield a few years back when we got a 0-0 draw. Not a moment's excitement in the game for Rovers but spoke to people coming out after the game and they were saying, "I was proud of my team tonight." That's all I ask really. Not necessarily wins, and especially not against the biggest teams, but a pride in performance that we can all share in. So, apart from Ince, who could do worse?

Thats not the best example - we got a 0-0 draw with Liverpool this season too! :wacko:

As for who could do worse - Shearer, Megson, Laws, Tugay, Newell to name a few - pretty much those available!

I've just become a daddy, I'm wondering if it is fair on my little son to make him support Rovers. It's all downhill from here. When he is 10 where will we be? Probably league one if we are still around.

Dan my little lad just turned 1 and I love him to much to make him watch the crap being churned out at Ewood at the moment, Im hoping he prefers rugby or another sport entirely as he gets older :blink:

Thats not the best example - we got a 0-0 draw with Liverpool this season too! :wacko:

As for who could do worse - Shearer, Megson, Laws, Tugay, Newell to name a few - pretty much those available!

Difference being that that night we felt we'd witnessed a performance - something to make us proud that our players were putting in the right effort. And of those you mention , only Megson, Laws and Newell are actually managers. I wouldn't for one minute advocate taking Shearer or Tugay. However, like it or not, we are heading for relegation unless something changes. I don't see our current manager changing anything, so it would seem that changing him is the only possibility for change. I know there's no cash; I know we can't afford it, but the point will come soon when we have to ask "Can we afford not to?"

Pathetic - get your kids into Rovers, unless you want them supporting Liverpool or United when they hit around 12

Gumboots - im just saying the names that seem to be floating around on here most. They are simply the level of managersa available to us.

People also keep banging on about Ten Cate & Laudrup - what have they both done?!

For what all that has been said is rumour and conjecture hes given nothing in the way of names or quotes and yet you thank him!! Unles you know him in person i find your reply bizarre!!

He might not have given much away, but he's given me a reasonable insight into the divide within the board and the extent of the support for the manager. Plus he sent me a really friendly PM apologizing for not being able to dilvulge more, so he seems a nice guy.

Just a question: How has Roberto di Matteo been doing so far as a manager? I was just wondering because I really don't know but always quite liked him as a person...

Di Matteo has continued Tony Mowbray's philosophy of free-flowing attractive football and is doing a very good job. West Brom currently sit third in the Championship, having been beat by Nottingham Forest who consequently leap frogged them in the table. However, they've been in the top two virtually all season and I'd bank on them getting second spot over anybody else in teh league.

Unfortunately, Di Matteo wouldn't move to us. He has good financial backing there, the fans love him and he looks good for promotion.

Pathetic - get your kids into Rovers, unless you want them supporting Liverpool or United when they hit around 12

Gumboots - im just saying the names that seem to be floating around on here most. They are simply the level of managersa available to us.

People also keep banging on about Ten Cate & Laudrup - what have they both done?!

All my kids support rovers and have been staunch supporters for allardyce but even the one who, as a sports journalist, tries to think with her head and not her heart, is saying that enough is enough. Misery is not the only way of life. There has to be at least the hope of something better and it's the lack of hope, the disappearance of any shred of optimism, that is really getting to people. They say JW reads this board - if it's true then the message must be that even those who try not to do knee-jerk are feeling a twitching in those limbs that will get worse not better unless something changes at Ewood.

There has to be at least the hope of something better and it's the lack of hope, the disappearance of any shred of optimism, that is really getting to people. They say JW reads this board - if it's true then the message must be that even those who try not to do knee-jerk are feeling a twitching in those limbs that will get worse not better unless something changes at Ewood.

He sure does - most days...as do a number of staff at Ewood.

One of the problem the club have is that the Fans have never been fully behind Sam to start with. So you could probably say 1/3 has always been against him anyway - so its assessing how many more fans he losing the patience of. I agree its getting thin, and results are not good enough - its a very fine line - but thats what JW & Co get paid for.

MASSIVE WEEK in Rovers & Sam's future.

who try not to do knee-jerk are feeling a twitching in those limbs that will get worse not better unless something changes at Ewood.

I think this is important.

I see myself as an overly optimistic Rover and for me to enough is enough. If we don't even have our fighting spirit its no point turning up. The negativity of Sam is rubbing of on the players. They dont seem to care at all. Why should I care if no one else does?

Archived