BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Enough Is Enough

ABBEY

Right I hate a 'mate's mum's brother works at Brockhall' type rumours but I'm at such a low ebb I'm clinging on to anything.

So here goes:

I heard from two seperate people at Wigan Boxing Day that Sam was going to retire on 'health grounds' at the end of the season.

Mutually beneficial for both parties to save face???

Yep, ive done a Hughesy, fire away!

Maybe that explains the lack of desire in the league. He may want to go out with a trophy, and then resign. <_<

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Posted this on the Sam thread but Setanta can't get an interview with Sam as weve boarded ourselves in the dressing room..not even JW can get in according to them.

Sounds like fireworks.

Sounds like Sam passing the blame again.

His tactics and team selection is laughable. He has a total inability to bring the best out of our players, and is constantly picking out individual players. He doesn't give our players a chance of scoring, it is a complete joke. Man City would not pressure us when on the ball yesterday, but we still insisted on hoofing the ball - despite opportunities to pass the ball around the park.

These are premiership players, you don't hoof the ball when not under pressure constantly unless there is some sort of game plan. Every time we hoof the ball, we are losing possession. Possession is key against top opposition, and the more we can keep the ball away from them, the better - it's simple logic.

We had absolutely nothing to lose yesterday, and no reason for not attacking City and giving them something to think about.

I remember how people were vigorously against Big Sam becoming our manager at the start of last season (signing Ince instead), and it now looks like our reasons for not wanting him in the first place are showing through.

The players are under-performing, but our tactics are so restrictive, we don't stand a chance. The negative football is killing us. McCarthy, Roberts, Pedersen and Diouf are proven in the premiership - but we don't give them a chance of scoring.

I believe that we are currently playing worse football then under Paul Ince, and it seems as though many would agree. It's not the losing that is getting to the fans, it's the manor of the losses that is the more worrying.

McDonald would probably be a much better option for us, but anytime he has been in charge he has been massively limited by pre-arranged tactics and team selections.

Also, John Williams seems to be close to Sam Allardyce - which won't help his removal, not yet anyway!

Its time to get vocal on match days and force Allardyces removal in the same way Bolton fans got rid of Megson.

Brilliant :rolleyes: Why don't we just take their place in the relegation zone as well?!

No matter how dire we are at the moment we need to get behind the team, Allardyce in charge or not. :brfc:

In fairness, Bolton have 3 games in hand on us... we could very well be taking their place in the relegation zone if things stay how they are.

The one thing that has kept me cheerful in the last few weeks is that i was sure there were 3 clubs in this league worse than us... im not so sure after last nights display, and what with every team below us having at least one game in hand over us, it isnt fairing well...

Oh god man.

John Williams must be eyeing that big red ejector button.

For what it's worth, I think Big Sam's days are numbered. He's just not that special without his army of oompah lumpah's and chinese reflexologists and whatever that he had at Bolton.

It's very concerning. someone at the club needs to get a grip and pull the whole club together. United, we can stay up.

John Williams won't be eying up the red ejector button at all, though I'm sure he isn't happy with 9 games without a win. Who would be?

The finances of the club dictate that we have to sell a player before we buy. How much do you think it would cost to sack him and pay off his contract plus those of his coaching staff, bearing in mind they've only been here just over a year and we paid off approx 2.5 years of Ince and his staff just over a year ago. Suppose whoever we replaced him with didnt work out either, the fans would want him out 6 months down the line (plus his staff). Its a slippery slope indeed. Before we knew it we could have paid a decade's worth of manager and coaching staff wages in the space of 18 months.

Perhaps we should sell a player to be able to afford to sack the manager, then another one to pay off his staff, then appoint a new manager, then tell him to sell more players before he can sign his own players!

The only chance of a change of manager would be if Sam resigns. He is no quitter so that won't happen, unless he is forced into it on health grounds (surely no-one would wish that on him).

John Williams said before appointing Allardyce that it was essential we got this appointment right. He wasn't joking. It was because we can't afford to pay off another manager so soon after the last one.

Brilliant :rolleyes: Why don't we just take their place in the relegation zone as well?!

No matter how dire we are at the moment we need to get behind the team, Allardyce in charge or not. :brfc:

Why don't we ?

We are very quickly,hold on Linny.

A fat lot of good getting behind the team has done us this season.

Yeti....please explain your comment about me...oh great one

Gord...we are up the paddle and oarless playing hit n hope.

With pleasure Abbey...it's easy to instigate a thread like this.Get your knickers in a twist,jump up and down shouting Allardyce out but I'd take your bleatings more seriously if you had any kind of tangible,wothwhile alternative.

I believe we're stuck with our manager until the end of the season for a whole gamut of reasons and,for what it's worth,he's arguably earnt that after his achievments over the second half of last season.

Between 19th and 10th in the Premier there's the massive total of 6 points and we're right in the middle of that.Rovers don't tend to sack managers willy-nilly and I don't want us to become one of those joke clubs that dispense with people whenever we hit a rough patch.Sacking Allardyce worked wonders after all didn't it for Newcastle?

Perhaps too much time on Football Manager??

He will not be the only guy who can keep us afloat in the big boys league!

Not sure about that. I don't think the likes of Jewell, Reid and Curbishley would make any difference. People can forget a young inexperienced manager as that worked out so well the last time we did that...

Time to face the fact that we are ######, no matter who the manager is.

Not sure about that. I don't think the likes of Jewell, Reid and Curbishley would make any difference. People can forget a young inexperienced manager as that worked out so well the last time we did that...

Time to face the fact that we are ######, no matter who the manager is.

The ONLY available manager I would want in this situation is Hughes and I can't see that happening. If we were safe, I wouldn't mind a punt on one Keith Hill, but give him another few years first. I think he could be our next manager should we end up going down.

Sam's treading a very fine line. Allegedly Blanking the directors after the match is not going to help is cause.

For what it's worth I am not sure sacking him is the correct move, the main reason for this is who can we replace him with? A foreign coach with no premier league experience is no good to us, the available managers domestically are no better than Sam. Hughes? he may come back, he still has a fantastic relationship with John Williams, but then again he may feel that he needs time away from the game.

Where did you hear that he blanked the directors?

You are right about the cost and difference in quality of players, but we didn't even fight for the ball or close down their players. Look at Leeds at OT a few weeks ago, with the right attitude and tactics you always have a chance.

Cup matches. David v Goliath. Never mind Leeds .... Look at us v Chelsea. It's not excusable but such will always happen.

The ONLY available manager I would want in this situation is Hughes and I can't see that happening. If we were safe, I wouldn't mind a punt on one Keith Hill, but give him another few years first. I think he could be our next manager should we end up going down.

Hughes would never come back here, not in a million years. He is getting a nice payoff which would be stopped if he took up a job now, plus he knows about the inner workings of the club and the financial constraints (large reason why he left in the first place). If he did come back he would be off like a shot as soon as another club with money shows an interest so we would be back to square one.

Sparky's behaviour on and off the field at City was shocking, i wouldn't take him back even if Sam was sacked and he showed an interest.

With pleasure Abbey...it's easy to instigate a thread like this.Get your knickers in a twist,jump up and down shouting Allardyce out but I'd take your bleatings more seriously if you had any kind of tangible,wothwhile alternative.

I believe we're stuck with our manager until the end of the season for a whole gamut of reasons and,for what it's worth,he's arguably earnt that after his achievments over the second half of last season.

Between 19th and 10th in the Premier there's the massive total of 6 points and we're right in the middle of that.Rovers don't tend to sack managers willy-nilly and I don't want us to become one of those joke clubs that dispense with people whenever we hit a rough patch.Sacking Allardyce worked wonders after all didn't it for Newcastle?

Perhaps too much time on Football Manager??

bleatings? wake up pal smell the coffee its smelling off!!! worthwhile ive given umpteen ??

acheived was LAST year and we put up with kick and rush and was promised progress....he lost my support after his "expert " comment and when he said the west hgam game was good and how well we played when it was one of the most dire braindead non events witnessed in the past 20 years.

knickers in a twist ???? i just want my club that i love and have lost lots supporting over the past 39 years to stand up for what we have gained over this time from,3rd div to playoff misses to promtion to euro footy ,runnrs up to champions to champ league to silverware to beiong one of the established prem teams that has built this on hard work,down to earth ,proper good footy to now a laughing stock ,.

today we had a big meeting and had the pish from dingles ,lashers ,nobenders,citeh ,wigan ,liverpoo and manure .all saying how bad we were last night.

its ok saying hang on but under sam weve become accustemed to one up front ,long kick and hope percentage footy,boring footy .Its dire depressing ,its rubbish,it shows how sam is scred to try and win games,we dont get stuck in ,we dont show passion . if it carries on like it or not i can see (even if present prices stay or drop by another 100 notes) next season us being lucky if we shift 4 thousand season tickets ..IT REALLY IS THAT BAD AND THE FEELING IN /AROUND BLACKBURN /ON THE BLACKBURN END ETC.

ANYONE CAN DISGUISE IT HOW THEY WANT BUT IM NOT TOY THROWING ,IM NOT SPITTING DUMMY AND I CERTAINLY DONT PLAY CHAMP MANAGER ..I TRIED AND GOT THE SACK :P.

Dan my little lad just turned 1 and I love him to much to make him watch the crap being churned out at Ewood at the moment, Im hoping he prefers rugby or another sport entirely as he gets older :blink:

1. Don't take him until he is 8 or you'll more than likely put him off. Kids don't understand football until they are actually playing in a team.

2. I think you might reconsider your final sentence if he comes to you one day asking for ballet shoes. :o

Cup matches. David v Goliath. Never mind Leeds .... Look at us v Chelsea. It's not excusable but such will always happen.

LOOK AT THE DINGLES V UTD AND CITY...NOT CUP!!

1. Don't take him until he is 8 or you'll more than likely put him off. Kids don't understand football until they are actually playing in a team.

took mine when he was 2 1/2 and he loved it ....HES ADDICTED AT 11.

What I mean is, with the right attitude and commitment, we can make up the difference in class and give these teams a game. Is it so difficult for professionals to sweat blood for their team, regularly? Maybe that is what makes a good player good.

We really could do with a Savage type player as captain, Nelsen doesn't seem like much of a leader on the pitch. When you look at Andrews, it makes you realise how good Savage was at what he did. Plus we don't have any real characters, no one to wind up the opposition. Well except Diouf, who winds everyone up for the wrong reasons.

bleatings? wake up pal smell the coffee its smelling off!!! worthwhile ive given umpteen ??

acheived was LAST year and we put up with kick and rush and was promised progress....he lost my support after his "expert " comment and when he said the west hgam game was good and how well we played when it was one of the most dire braindead non events witnessed in the past 20 years.

knickers in a twist ???? i just want my club that i love and have lost lots supporting over the past 39 years to stand up for what we have gained over this time from,3rd div to playoff misses to promtion to euro footy ,runnrs up to champions to champ league to silverware to beiong one of the established prem teams that has built this on hard work,down to earth ,proper good footy to now a laughing stock ,.

today we had a big meeting and had the pish from dingles ,lashers ,nobenders,citeh ,wigan ,liverpoo and manure .all saying how bad we were last night.

its ok saying hang on but under sam weve become accustemed to one up front ,long kick and hope percentage footy,boring footy .Its dire depressing ,its rubbish,it shows how sam is scred to try and win games,we dont get stuck in ,we dont show passion . if it carries on like it or not i can see (even if present prices stay or drop by another 100 notes) next season us being lucky if we shift 4 thousand season tickets ..IT REALLY IS THAT BAD AND THE FEELING IN /AROUND BLACKBURN /ON THE BLACKBURN END ETC.

ANYONE CAN DISGUISE IT HOW THEY WANT BUT IM NOT TOY THROWING ,IM NOT SPITTING DUMMY AND I CERTAINLY DONT PLAY CHAMP MANAGER ..I TRIED AND GOT THE SACK :P.

I acknowledge your right to your opinion Abbey.Bottom line we both want our team to do the business...doesn't mean we always have to agree on how we get there!

By the way,sorry to hear about your sacking on Champ Manager! :rolleyes:

This seems the most baffling thing to me, has he lost his hunger????

His demeanour sometimes has me asking that question. 5 years ago he should have been England manager. Regardless of that he should still be managing NUFC. Maybe his motivation has departed with the body blows that his ambition has taken.

Archived