BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Enough Is Enough

ABBEY

What is our record this season before and after Allardyce's operation? We do seem to have been on a heavy downwards slide since he returned. Has this something to do with it? If so then it's better for all concerned if he goes

I'm not sure of the exact dates but if you count everything up to the Bolton away win as pre-op and onwards as post-op the stats are pretty damning

Pre-op P15 W8 D1 L6

Post-op P11 W1 D5 L5

Don't know but I suspect he has "lost" something and that's fed through to the players and the club. Time to go I'm afraid

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hughesey posts on here that he supports Allardyce and all of a sudden he's public enemy number one?

Same went for Waggy when he apposed the appointment of Allardyce, although he’s being proven correct.

I suspect that finances will dictate this and that we'll do exactly the same as we did when Souness was taking us down the pan towards the end of his tenure - cross our fingers and hope for the best.

However from a purely footballing point of view I don't think it's a good enough argument to cite the names of a few of the usual suspects on the managerial merry go round, and say "look at that there's no-one better out there"

We wouldn't have to appoint Jewell/Reid etc and I'm not having it that there aren't countless managers out there who could get us organised and competitive.

Conversely, the other problem is that the next couple of home games against Fulham and Wigan are crucial. If the next few results go the wrong way, we could replace Allardyce with Gus Hiddink until the end of the season and he might struggle to keep us up.

There are countless managers who could get us competitive I've no doubt. The 2 problems are whether they are available and whether can pick one. The board thought Ince was the right man, suppose we get another?

Another wrong choice would finish us off. However, what you say makes sense.

Same went for Waggy when he apposed the appointment of Allardyce, although he’s being proven correct.

Deary me Gav, what a load of ######.

Waggy went for the person, it was personal, wouldn't have changed his mind for anything blah blah blah...

To suggest that cretin has been proven 'right' is just as ridiculous as some of his posts.

The biggest worry I have is that most the fans calling for the head of Allardyce haven't really considered the bigger picture, and it is in fact Allardyce who has become the scapegoat for all the problems at the club. I don't like the performances at the moment, but unfortunately the team currently consists of 11 of the shittest players to be at the club over the past decade. Only our defenders are worth anything, but they don't put the ball in the net.

The sheer lack of resources to me mean that anything outside the relegation zone should be enough to keep the manager in a job, but I respect and accept that a run like we are currently on should draw pressure towards him.

If we sacked Sam now, every media source and pundit would be calling us every name under the sun, and tbh, there are times where you have to accept that the majority are correct. The weight of the argument coming from long term hecklers and fantasists such as Abbey, who contributes 'one away win and he wasn't here' as a reason to sack Allardyce. And to replace no doubt we'd get the 'Souey and Tugay dream team' crap.

Some fans are turning into disillusion Newcastle/City esque idiots who we've been mocking for the past 20 years, calling for messiahs such as Keegan to return. The truth remains that there is only one man available to us that can be a definitely improvement on Allardyce and that's Hughes. If he says he would come back, then sack the manager right now for all I care, but in the likely event that he won't then I'll stick with what we have please. The Burnley/Bolton shortlists obviously haven't had the same effect on others as they've had on me.

and it is in fact Allardyce who has become the scapegoat for all the problems at the club. I don't like the performances at the moment, but unfortunately the team currently consists of 11 of the shittest players to be at the club over the past decade. Only our defenders are worth anything, but they don't put the ball in the net.

I had a discussion with one of my friends yesterday and the in the modern game being a manager is a horrible task. You seldom get credit for your work and you are truly the easiest man to become a scapegoat. It is easier to sack 1 man than 11 - that's just the reality.

About this being the most shittest players to be at the club I don't agree with you. There are many out there who have performed greatly earlier AND this was one of Sam's success factors in Bolton. Mixing up-and-coming and rejuvenate careers. The thing is that none of the player seem a tad motivated and wants to play football. This is the most important things a manager has to do. I don't really care about tactics / team selection etc as long as the players out there fight for the blue and white halves and they really aren't doing that at the moment.

The biggest worry I have is that most the fans calling for the head of Allardyce haven't really considered the bigger picture, and it is in fact Allardyce who has become the scapegoat for all the problems at the club. I don't like the performances at the moment, but unfortunately the team currently consists of 11 of the shittest players to be at the club over the past decade. Only our defenders are worth anything, but they don't put the ball in the net.

The sheer lack of resources to me mean that anything outside the relegation zone should be enough to keep the manager in a job, but I respect and accept that a run like we are currently on should draw pressure towards him.

If we sacked Sam now, every media source and pundit would be calling us every name under the sun, and tbh, there are times where you have to accept that the majority are correct. The weight of the argument coming from long term hecklers and fantasists such as Abbey, who contributes 'one away win and he wasn't here' as a reason to sack Allardyce. And to replace no doubt we'd get the 'Souey and Tugay dream team' crap.

Some fans are turning into disillusion Newcastle/City esque idiots who we've been mocking for the past 20 years, calling for messiahs such as Keegan to return. The truth remains that there is only one man available to us that can be a definitely improvement on Allardyce and that's Hughes. If he says he would come back, then sack the manager right now for all I care, but in the likely event that he won't then I'll stick with what we have please. The Burnley/Bolton shortlists obviously haven't had the same effect on others as they've had on me.

i agree with you, we do have a awful team at the moment but take monday for example, the only time we ever look half decent is when we go for it and have attacking players on the pitch, If we'd started with the team we ended with on monday we would of lost still but at least put up a fight. No wonder Dunny wants off. I honestly think Big Sam has lost his touch, he was famed for preparing teams for each and every match but it's the same boring tactics weather it's city away or wigan at home???? He hasn't bought wisely, £6 million £6 MILLION on kalinic is criminal, Salgado???.

So true. I accept that Sam has seemingly stopped trying to motivate players and has adopted an even more defeatist attitude which is reflected in his interviews / tactics / team selection but how much of that is as a result of the board refusing to back him with any significant funds whilst selling our best players (for good money admittedly). Football is a confidence business and even the managers must take a knock when those that employ him seemingly have no faith in him or allow him the resources to do his job properly.

The board act as though we are a Championship club that should be grateful for the fact we have had a run in the top league but its now time for us to get back in our place and they are backing the manager accordingly.

If we get shut of him now the new manager will have very little time to assess the sqaud and bring in new players before the end of the window so he will mostly be working with the underperforming, workshy dross that Sam has and are results really going to improve that much? It would be far better to back him with funds now and wait till the end of the season before making a decision on whether he should stay as the cost of sacking him would be better spent on bringing in players who actually give a sh*t and are prepared to fight to keep Blackburn Rovers in the Premiership.

Toss up who peddles most crap .you or oracle hughsey.

I didn't say sack him because of the bolton quote you yet again twist

And that nutter Vinjay manages to get his say in on the end of Nicko's article in the Mirror. He's still a complete loon.

Ricky I have just tried to send you a pm - but received a message saying your not able to receive messages.

I didn't say sack him because of the bolton quote you yet again twist.....oh and hughsey was it not David brown sat near zzzam and not mr matthewman...just asking .

What you banging on about now Abigial?

Shilitto has a point - your vendetta is personal and your one of those that has never given Sam a chance.

I didn't say sack him because of the bolton quote you yet again twist

I've presented an number a points backing up the way I feel, and though I'm sure you've not bothered to read them you will notice I am not whole heartedly supporting Allardyce, just giving my honest assessment on the situation as I see it.

You on the other hand have never even managed to put together one sentence which would gain credibility in a infant school teachers class.

Saves us time tossing a coin though mind.

Cross purposes hughsey ...mix up ob my behalf hence the edit...

Think you will find I gave plenty of credit last year...yp until this years game v wham and his fans slagging.

E

I've presented an number a points backing up the way I feel, and though I'm sure you've not bothered to read them you will notice I am not whole heartedly supporting Allardyce, just giving my honest assessment on the situation as I see it.

You on the other hand have never even managed to put together one sentence which would gain credibility in a infant school teachers class.

Saves us time tossing a coin though mind.

So Einstein is alive n kicking

Deary me Gav, what a load of ######.

Waggy went for the person, it was personal, wouldn't have changed his mind for anything blah blah blah...

To suggest that cretin has been proven 'right' is just as ridiculous as some of his posts.

Given that the average Prem managerial tenure is less than 2 years time would always be on waggy's side...... and he'd know it.

"unfortunately the team currently consists of 11 of the shittest players to be at the club over the past decade".

Thanks to Shillito15 for that. Straight to the point and made me smile.

I don't agree 100% with the fact that all 11 who started at City are the worst but watching Rovers currently is depressing stuff. A large proportion of the games are on live in Australia. I've watched too many matches at 2am in the morning and continually witnessed the mind numbing, unattractive, hopeless and ineffective attempts at trying to create any sort of an attack.

I would go as far to say that the current midfielders on the books at Ewood are the slowest, least combative and least technically gifted bunch of lazy individuals i can remember.

There are players currently "playing" (ok, appearing on the pitch) who really do not appear interested. Laying into them is all too easy but here's the current Rovers trait that is really winding me up...

When the midfielders pass the buck and pass back to Nelson and Samba who in turn have a wee think about what they are going to do with the ball and then they both decide to pass back to Robinson because he has got the biggest hoof. Madness!!!!

This only goes to show that there is something seriously wrong with the teams confidence as well as their bloody ability.

Something has to change.

.........it's very rare that managers, players and owners love the club anywhere near as much as we do.(Jack of course did, we were so lucky having someone that loved the club so much). Except possibly Dunny no one at the club would shed a tear if we were to be relegated, the rest would be disappointed, but only because they'd have delegation on their cv.

Dunny loves BRFC!!?? When will somebody lay this myth to rest? Like all the rest Dunny just loves himself.

Archived