BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Enough Is Enough

ABBEY

He might not have given much away, but he's given me a reasonable insight into the divide within the board and the extent of the support for the manager. Plus he sent me a really friendly PM apologizing for not being able to dilvulge more, so he seems a nice guy.

I will be really frank, it would be irresponsible to start banding the actual names about. Nicko knows full well the boards in fighting has been prevalent for many months. I apologise if my information was weak but I am not about to blow my families cover by naming the people involved. And if thats a sucky answer then so be it, I will PM and say what I can because I am a season ticket holder who is has keen as anyone to see my team improve and sort out the problems.

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He might not have given much away, but he's given me a reasonable insight into the divide within the board and the extent of the support for the manager. Plus he sent me a really friendly PM apologizing for not being able to dilvulge more, so he seems a nice guy.

I will be really frank, it would be irresponsible to start banding the actual names about. Nicko knows full well the boards in fighting has been prevalent for many months. I apologise if my information was weak but I am not about to blow my families cover by naming the people involved. And if thats a sucky answer then so be it, I will PM and say what I can because I am a season ticket holder who is has keen as anyone to see my team improve and sort out the problems.

Doesnt matter to me or I suppose many others who said what and who is mad, we as fans want to see football and a rovers team that is allowed to play it, at the end of the day I really think sam is here to stay so he better get used to the idea of playing a different style or get used to fans turning on him.

• Backroom

No but when you feel as bad as most on here do it's understandable. Only problem is one or two might believe it and think their dreams have come true and then realise it's a joke.

Thats exactly my point, I was browsing at work and only had a minute or so spare, got my hopes up for a split second.

If John Williams does decide to get rid of Sam, the question still is who comes in that is going to improve us( yes I know cant be any worse) and we are nearly half way through the transfer window, so whoever did come in may not have time to add to the squad.

Unless John Williams is already scouting around for a replacement I think Sam has games left to keep him at the club, question is though how long do we leave it.

When we are in the bottom 3?

When we are 2,3,4,5 pts adrift of safety?

Another key thing is the Carling Cup, if Villa beat us over the 2 games then I think that will push Sam closer to the door, if we get to the final then Sam could get a reprive till late Feb.

Right I hate a 'mate's mum's brother works at Brockhall' type rumours but I'm at such a low ebb I'm clinging on to anything.

So here goes:

I heard from two seperate people at Wigan Boxing Day that Sam was going to retire on 'health grounds' at the end of the season.

Mutually beneficial for both parties to save face???

Yep, ive done a Hughesy, fire away!

We gifted them all the goals. If we cut our stupid mistakes maybe we could have given them a better games. At times during the games, we had long spells of possesion and they did not really trouble us, other than the goals we put on a plate for them. City were not brilliant, we just made them look brilliant.

Thats why I said "undoubtedly they did not play well".........

I have thought about nothing else since last night, the simple fact is that results have to improve.

Sam you have a virtually fully fit squad to choose from so you have no excuses, I have backed you as have many others but we are now feeling disillusioned with the team being picked as well as the style of football, both of which would be acceptable if we were winning, you have four games to save our season, I suggest you do what you get paid £40K a week to do and that is to give the supporters of Blackburn Rovers FC a team which we can be proud of, a team that shows hunger and aggression in matches and a team that WINS.

Sam's treading a very fine line. Allegedly Blanking the directors after the match is not going to help is cause.

For what it's worth I am not sure sacking him is the correct move, the main reason for this is who can we replace him with? A foreign coach with no premier league experience is no good to us, the available managers domestically are no better than Sam. Hughes? he may come back, he still has a fantastic relationship with John Williams, but then again he may feel that he needs time away from the game.

I wonder Kamy, if he damaged that wonderful relationship with JW a bit. He and his crew, were sneaky in the way they went about looking for a new club.

If I remember correctly, Martinez was one of the potential alternatives at the time. I don't think his philosophy of free flowing football would have kept us up but.

Might have kept us awake!!

I went to sleep after the 2nd goal went in. I knew we were no Mali and dont have Kanoute, so didnt expect a miracle

I mentioned a few weeks ago that I thought the manager had lost the dressing room and after last night I’m convinced of that now.

This is my suspicion also. Once you've lost the dressing room, there's no way back for you.

Sam did a fantastic job last season, but he's in serious danger of undoing that with the way we're going.

If ye dinnae score, ye dinnae win. This is the second bad run we've been on this season. It's not like we've had a season like Pompey's, but the worry is we're on a very bad trajectory. I'm very sorry to say I can't see Captain Allardyce pulling on the wheel and getting us out. In our situation, you need everyone scrapping and a good, pressing gameplan. I don't think Allardyce can come up with either.

John Williams must be eyeing that big red ejector button.

For what it's worth, I think Big Sam's days are numbered. He's just not that special without his army of oompah lumpah's and chinese reflexologists and whatever that he had at Bolton.

It's very concerning. someone at the club needs to get a grip and pull the whole club together. United, we can stay up.

Archived