BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Enough Is Enough

ABBEY

Beerwins - they have Bowyer, Seb Larson & McFadden all working very hard & also supplying quality balls into the box at every opportunity - we have nobody that does that!

And it's Sam's job to find those players, isn't it?

Might as well invested the £6m+ for Kalinic on the midfield, the guy clearly isn't rated by his own manager.

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyhow,who'd want the job at present? It's a poisoned chalice..."previous Premiership champions,growing tradition of selling off the family jewels and replacing with cheap tat.Also sadly now without a pot to p**s in seek new manager".

On the other hand, we're only 6 points behind Fulham in 9th. We’ve dropped plenty of points we shouldn’t have done this season with baffling team selections and questionable transfer dealings. We need a creative midfielder – we buy three right backs. Any manager who could take us into the top half on a shoe-string would see his stock rise no end – like Mark Hughes did. If Owen Coyle got Burnleys donkeys playing football, there must be someone out there who can get our slightly more talented donkeys doing the same.

I mentioned a few weeks ago that I thought the manager had lost the dressing room and after last night I’m convinced of that now.

Even Mr Blackburn Rovers himself, David Dunn, can’t be feeling to happy after rejecting the latest contract offer, same goes for Pederson, and Benni big mac couldn’t give a flying **** about the club now he’s set his heart on moving away.

This week is crucial for Allardyce, lose these next 2 games and Williams has to the sack the manager because we’re only going one way and that’s down.

It was mentioned last night that the performance was close to the Wigan away under Ince, I don’t think it was quite that bad, but it was close.

He just seems to meander from one game to the next and when we face one of the big teams he almost appears to throw in the towel even before the game has started. Where is the Sam who had Arsene Wenger afraid to come up north? The Sam who's Bolton side caused upsets all the time?

He has made far too many mistakes with signings, tactics, formation and team selctions this year. Salgado, that whole sorry affair pains me.

Last night there was nothing to show after the first 45 mins. No heart, no spirit, lack of effort. The norm it seems these days.

Once we brought on some youth in Hoillett and Kalinic and finally Olsson in the second half there seemed to be a glimmer of hunger and desire shown, finally! Hopefully Sam can learn from that. Instead of giving these overpaid specimens of deadwood that we've accumulated (you know who they are) preference in the first team, why not promote from within and give some fresh blood a run out? From my perspective we were doomed to fail last night anyway so why not start the likes of Hoillett, Kalinic, Olsson, etc?

Continued introductions from the youth set-up are needed badly. Not only to deliver the kick up the arse that the first team need, or for some pace, energy and desire demonstrated, but to freshen things up at this club. Even if things don't work out the new faces will have had some exposure and we could collect some returns on transfers in the long run.

Realistically, I don't think anyone can expect us to beat Villa over two legs and once that competition is out of the way we have only league survival to concentrate on. Or rather, HE, has only league survival to concentrate on. I can't see John Williams giving him the boot anytime soon and I don't fault him for that, patience is a virtue. Probably can't afford to sack him anyway.

I've been reading some of the garbage on here and,bearing in mind the thread was started by Abbey,this reasoned follow-up to his initial post had me choking on my cornflakes.Dispense with Sam and replace with any of those and we'd be absolutely no better off.Probably worse.

Granted we're poor and lacking in confidence at present but I genuinely believe we'll stay up by dint of the fact that there's at least 3 teams either poorer or more skint than we are.

Anyhow,who'd want the job at present? It's a poisoned chalice..."previous Premiership champions,growing tradition of selling off the family jewels and replacing with cheap tat.Also sadly now without a pot to p**s in seek new manager".

My take is maintain the status quo,survive(barely) and then conduct a thorough review in the summer.If this then suggests it's time for a new manager and a fresh approach then that's okay with me.

Final thought...we're pretty much where we're meant to be currently:lower mid-table.All you glory-boys,you need to forget thoughts of top-6 etc,that aint going to be happening again any time soon.

I totally agree with this post, there are worse teams than us and hopefully this will be our salvation.

He just seems to meander from one game to the next and when we face one of the big teams he almost appears to throw in the towel even before the game has started. Where is the Sam who had Arsene Wenger afraid to come up north? The Sam who's Bolton side caused upsets all the time?

This seems the most baffling thing to me, has he lost his hunger????

I've been reading some of the garbage on here and,bearing in mind the thread was started by Abbey,this reasoned follow-up to his initial post had me choking on my cornflakes.Dispense with Sam and replace with any of those and we'd be absolutely no better off.Probably worse.

Granted we're poor and lacking in confidence at present but I genuinely believe we'll stay up by dint of the fact that there's at least 3 teams either poorer or more skint than we are.

My take is maintain the status quo,survive(barely) and then conduct a thorough review in the summer.If this then suggests it's time for a new manager and a fresh approach then that's okay with me.

Final thought...we're pretty much where we're meant to be currently:lower mid-table.All you glory-boys,you need to forget thoughts of top-6 etc,that aint going to be happening again any time soon.

I would be of the same opinion as you. We are not playing well at the moment and that comes down to the manager and the players that he has at his disposal. I really think that it would be a knee-jerk reaction to get rid of Sam. I was all in favour of him coming in last season and saving us from relegation and I think that he'll be able to do it again. I've slowly had to come to accept that we are a club who's main aim is survival. We had some good times under Hughes, when we punched above our weight and the good players that got us there all decided that we weren't good enough for them. However, this days of finishing in the top seven are the exception rather than the norm for a club our size. There are very few teams in the Premiership who can consistently aim for a certain league position. Everyone else yo-yo's up and down the league from year to year.

One of the things that upsets me the most, whenever we've had good players, they've been sold on for vast sums, but with very little of that money be re-invested in the team. This season and last season, we've seen the results of this; buying players on the cheap who just aren't good enough. We don't have the fan base to fill Ewood every week, our owners invest just enough for the club to survive, but not progress and the manager is the one who then has to build a team to compete.

Don't get me wrong, we should be doing better than we are. Even though there is an embarrassing lack of investment in the team, we have a decent starting 11 bar a few and we should be doing better. I do think that it's in our best interest to keep Sam, let him have a huge clear out of the deadwood which is choking the club financially and start from scratch. I think it's clear that he is trying to build a team for the future, with the likes of Nzonzi, Olsson, Kalinic, Hoilett and the other other young signing that he's made recently. If we were to sack him, a new manager would come in and have is own ideas and we'd be back to square one. If we can ride out this season, have a mid-table finish, have a summer clear out, then we can start building for the future.

It was common knowledge during his time at Bolton that he categorised games into sections and played those teams appropriately.

So the big 4 are games we can’t win, the next section will be away games we can’t win and the bottom section will be games we hope to pick points up from, and so on and so forth.

Look at the Liverpool game away last season, we didn’t put in a meaningful tackle all match, you’re not telling me the players didn’t play to instruction.

Seems like a conspiracy theory, but look at evidence, 1 win away in 16? Look at the West Ham game at home, “just don’t lose this one lads, draw will be enough”

I was sceptical when told this by several Bolton fans at work, now I firmly believe the theory.

Historically we do well at eastlands.

Also historically Citeh were sh**e and did not have a team that cost hundreds of millions of pounds.

I am not a fan of Mr.Potatohead and certainly not of the shambolic performance last night, and recently, but lets compare apples with apples. Did you really expect to get anything out of the game last night against such a wealth (in more ways than one) of talent with a new manager who seems to have managed to eradicate their defences frailties under Sparky?

-He dropped Pedersen for a few games, brought him back on and he now has 2 goals in 2 games

However, even most fans would have dropped Pedersen far, far sooner, and likely reaped such dividends sooner, if that is why he is scoring again (rather than trying to earn a new deal or a lucrative move, which is my guess). In fact I've personally advocated dropping him in the past and suggested it might light a fire under his ass. A long time before Sam got around to it.

-He's freshened up an old squad by bringing in Kalinic, Di Santo, Hoilett, and N'zonzi who have been regulars. He is keeping faith in products of our academy as well in Olsson and Jones, Olsson in particular has done better under Sam than previous seasons.

I do like this...the big positive about Sam is we finally have a manager who seems to bother looking at youth players. If he doesn't look at even younger, or English players though, the homegrown rule will make this positive fairly irrelevant next season.

-He sold Warnock for big money and released Ooijer (who was aging and on high wages) with the cheaper alternatives in Chimbonda and Jacobsen who have both done fairly well.

£7 million for our player of the season, and a highly versatile one, was not big money. It isn't a great deal above the going rate for an average Premiership player. Ooijer had to go, yes, but we replaced one ageing, high-wage player with another in Salgado, essentially. And overstocked the right back position in doing so.

-He's kept injuries to a minimum, and while we've had problems with the same players (Dunn/Grella), it's nowhere near to the same horrid extent as previous seasons, especially under Ince.

I don't buy claims that people getting injured is down to the manager, I think that's nonsense, sorry. And injuries have not been to a minimum, our midfield has been constantly decimated by it to the point we have had to rely on Andrews again. You're also forgetting when we had to rely on Samba up front.

-From where I'm sitting, he's bringing more financial stability to the club by signing players on the cheap and still managing to do a half decent job with them.

On the other hand, whilst transfer fees have been small except for Kalinic, wages do not appear to be so. Hence our still being grossly over our desired wage budget despite shifting many of our biggest earners in the summer. Perhaps not that great for our financial stability after all. Though as I said, I appreciate the gambits on younger players, as long-term this is important for our stability.

Did you really expect to get anything out of the game last night against such a wealth (in more ways than one) of talent with a new manager who seems to have managed to eradicate their defences frailties under Sparky?

You expect them to at least put a shift in, that City side last night was rubbish, I don't care how much they've spent, and they still rolled us over without breaking sweat.

I was p!ssed off last night and I still am this morning. This team has gone backwards spectacularly in the past few months. Compare last night to Burnley or Bolton and you'll see what I mean. I'm a patient person and have backed Sam as the right man for this job but now I can't say the same. Last night was inept, as inept as Wigan away under Ince. It was horrible to watch. There was so much aimless play from Rovers that I thought we were missing 4 or 5 players on the pitch. I haven't seen it that bad since Ince and I haven't felt that angry since then either. I saw Sam's face on TV and, for the first time, thought I'd rather not see him ever again. Is this the end of my support for him? I have no idea. We're having my mum-in-law's funeral tomorrow so maybe I'm not in the best of moods and that might be affecting my judgement a little but I don't think it is.

Someone said something about must win games. Must win games are just that. Each game after the last loss, in our situation, is must win. It's not about making our minds up but about the reality of the situation. I think you are confusing 'must win' with 'make or break' in terms of support for the manager. Thursday is a must win. Sunday is make or break. I've seen Sam and Rovers pull a result out right at the moment it is needed. I haven't seen that for a long time now and that is what is extremely worrying. A win on Thursday is nice and gives us a good chance of getting to the final. A win on Sunday is absolutely essential and nothing else will do.

I'm sorry Sam, but your management of this team and these players is not what is expected and the results speak for themselves.

Whilst I agree with a lot of what is written here, and that something needs to change remember how many of us laughed at Newcastle supporters for hounding out with Newcastle in mid table and saying if they had kept hold of him they would not have gone down.

I’m not sure what the answer is, and I do believe our squad is good enough to stay comfortably out of trouble. But last night was abysmal as has been the last however many games bar Chelsea. Sam does not seem to learn. Portsmouth first half we were truly awful, second half we actually looked like a good team, so what does he do for the next game, reverts back to Pompy first half team and formation…..why?!?!?

The Villa game in the league, we went one nil down and looked awful. The fullbacks never got out of our third for the first 15 minutes. Then all of a sudden it was like the players just though ‘sod it’ and actually passed and moved and the full backs got forward to provide much needed width and we deservedly beat Villa with a great performance. For me it seemed the players went against instructions and decided to play some football.

A Burnley fan even said to me that we have some exciting players if put to good use.

Whilst I agree with a lot of what is written here, and that something needs to change remember how many of us laughed at Newcastle supporters for hounding out with Newcastle in mid table and saying if they had kept hold of him they would not have gone down.

This is what makes me think twice about calling for his head. Everyone on here likes to act all high and mighty and look down on the 'reactionary' Geordies but in fact we are in a very similar position and are acting just the same. Just thinking about how smug everyone on here was about that situation makes me wonder whether this is just the panic talking and not being as rational as possible.

13 pages in one day? Gimmie a break.

Sam is the only man to turn this club around. And before I carry on, don't say Hughes cos he will not come back.

It is going to take Sam time with the limited money we have to build a good team. I have faith that he will keep us up again and build once more in the summer. Look at the long term of this club and you can see that there are very few people that could be a success at this club. And yes, before anyone asks, I do see Sam being successful right now, and he will continue.

I wish we had that level of rubbish in blue and white halves.....

So you thought they were a quality side?

Our side under Hughes a few years ago would have beaten that lot.

I do see Sam being successful right now, and he will continue.

A bit early for Stella isn't it mckenny? :wacko:

So you thought they were a quality side?

Our side under Hughes a few years ago would have beaten that lot.

They didnt play quality, however there is no doubt that they have quality.

A midfield of Barry, Petrov, Bellamy & De Jong or Andrews, NZonzi, MGP & Emerton??? Which would you choose?

Archived