BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Enough Is Enough

ABBEY

Can't believe I'd say this, but I really don't care if we beat Villa. Can you imagine Allardyce leading out that team at Wembley against one of the Manc teams in front of millions on TV? It would just be one huge embarrassment- I'm struggling to find anything to be proud about in the current set up. That's a sure fire sign we need a change in management! :angry2::angry2:

dont remember cardiff 2002 ??? no one thought we would do anything that day!

gotta get there first though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

judging by his facial expression tonight, there could be a glimmer for the now enlarged `sam out` brigade. if he feels after his heart procedure that he doesn`t want the stress involved with turning the situation around, he could choose to resign. i wouldn`t rule that one out.

judging by his facial expression tonight, there could be a glimmer for the now enlarged `sam out` brigade. if he feels after his heart procedure that he doesn`t want the stress involved with turning the situation around, he could choose to resign. i wouldn`t rule that one out.

Now you really are having a laugh. Not wanting to be offensive, but Sam would not ever quit, especially mid season. He has too much pride and confidence in his own ability to do so. If we really want Sam out, then we encourage the dingles to take him and try Grayson, at leasy he is an ex-rover or maybe Mark Hughes, after all he still has the players respect.

:angry2: GO SAM ....HAND YA NOTICE IN!!!!!! :angry:

1. That isn't going to happen. Nobody hands their notice in now so getting rid will cost us big money that we don't have.

2. Of the two teams out there how many of our lot would Mancini / Allardyce pick in a combined X1 team? We have 15m available for selection whilst Man City have a squad worth at least 10x that to pick from. Does it not ring any bells that the best centre forward that we have had since the SAS started for City on the bench? If not how about the best striker that we have had since the SAS being hauled off and substituted by the mancs?

Things aren't going right at the moment but please think things through Abbey before starting a thread that can only cause long term damage to the club.

Now you really are having a laugh. Not wanting to be offensive, but Sam would not ever quit, especially mid season. He has too much pride and confidence in his own ability to do so. If we really want Sam out, then we encourage the dingles to take him and try Grayson, at leasy he is an ex-rover or maybe Mark Hughes, after all he still has the players respect.

i`d agree on that point about sam prior to his heart procedure, but who knows how he now feels? it could be that he suddenly doesn`t feel the invincible individual he felt before and that could change him as a person.

Sam my have powerful allies, but supporters do not - how can our voice be heard? You come on to this message board, and I am one who is very grateful for your posts, but you must have read over and over the fustration of the supporters of Rovers. the blame alone does not lie with the manager, but the trustees who are refusing to support the club with regards to funding. Sadly at this moment in time it does not matter who the manager is, the same will apply - NO FUNDS TO IMPROVE WITHOUT SELLING. It was Jack Walkers desire that the club funded itself, but the club is NOT ready for that yet. Without the cash flow from the trust, it will never be the case.

I do not believe that any Rovers supporter want a change of owner - but a change of attitude from the current ones. Nicko you are the one who has the access to the media that we on here do not. Please voice our fustration.

How can you say that pafell when ST prices have virtually halved these past 2 years? :blink:

A couple of points to consider.

1...who do you bring in? Look at the poverty of the candidates beig mentioned by the other Premier League club currently looking for a manager.

2...does sacking a manager not risk knocking you back even further in the bid to stay in the division?

Sorry if that is negative thinking, but it's realistic.

And Hughesy is right - Big Sam has some powerful allies who wanted him before Ince and made sure he got it last time. Don't underestimate that.

The bottom line, though, is that two poor home performances this week will see civil unrest and that usually changes opinions.

Nicko, Long time no speak. The number one ally is definately still behind his man but others has you probably know are wavering, but you know that the whole club isnt in a happy mood and hasnt been since last summer. Im sure there are one or two others on this board who know exactly what I am on about and are probably about now most in tune with the majority of the board of directors. But I would say that the few on the board who are in tune with the fans are annoyed their pot of gold was spent on a potential flop of big proportions especially considering the other striker that was on the table. The events that occurred between 9.55 and 10.35 tonight have probably shaped the clubs immediate future and im sure you know exactly what im on about. Some players are living on past successes and free agents or not in the summer they dont grace the shirt with pride anymore and for me thats the sad part of all this.

Im praying for 3 points Sunday not for Sam but for the club.

You are a total prick. This is like your "GAME'S OFF" post withstupid.gifangry.gif

This from the man who was up in arms at Nicko "throwing his weight around on this messageboard"! Your supporters have given you marks for this crap which says a lot!

1. That isn't going to happen. Nobody hands their notice in now so getting rid will cost us big money that we don't have.

2. Of the two teams out there how many of our lot would Mancini / Allardyce pick in a combined X1 team? We have 15m available for selection whilst Man City have a squad worth at least 10x that to pick from. Does it not ring any bells that the best centre forward that we have had since the SAS started for City on the bench? If not how about the best striker that we have had since the SAS being hauled off and substituted by the mancs?

Things aren't going right at the moment but please think things through Abbey before starting a thread that can only cause long term damage to the club.

Whilst what you say is of course correct, the issue is not really losing to a moneybags Man City.

The issue is the manner and nature of the performance in the context of a run of no wins in nine Premier League games.

And an away record that now reads W1 D2 L13. That means we have gone almost the equivalent of an entire season with five away points!

How are we going to stay up on that basis?

Do we just look the other way and say "sod it?"

It's not an easy one either way granted.

Big man, big reputation, big salary, not delivering.

How can you say that pafell when ST prices have virtually halved these past 2 years? :blink:

Sorry Thenodrog, but you have lost me in your reply. Correct the club has reduced ST - in order to get fans in. Yes in someways it has worked, in others it hasn't - money coming in etc. I am suggesting the club needs more support from the trustees as they are the owners.

Absolutely incredible :wacko:

Sorry Thenodrog, but you have lost me in your reply. Correct the club has reduced ST - in order to get fans in. Yes in someways it has worked, in others it hasn't - money coming in etc. I am suggesting the club needs more support from the trustees as they are the owners.

Does the rise in ticket sales not offset the reduction?

I don't think the Trust should throw money at the club and I certainly don't expect them to but I think it is wrong that they have withdrawn the support they were giving us and that we have been forced to sell all our best players without being able to buy replacements.

We cannot afford to sack Sam but we must try to back him with some kind of transfer fund in January, providing he can shift players off the wage

This is not all Sam's fault, the rot set in when Savage broke his leg 3 years ago and the club wouldn't pay for an adequate replacement. It's been getting worse ever since then...

Pearce is another Ince. A bit better, a better motivator and has real passion. But on the other hand not really a structured guy with a complete approach to a club like Hughes. Would be a massive gamble.

I agree Stuart Pearce would be a massive gamble. But he's hardly an Ince. For starters, Pearce actually has a pro license (2003). And he has 2 years in the top flight (ManC). And he has had sucess with England's U-21 team (runner ups, 2009). If Capello rates him, he must have something going for him.

Though even if I were completely off base, I would settle for a manager (if Sam went- which I don't want) who is a man motivator.

This from the man who was up in arms at Nicko "throwing his weight around on this messageboard"! Your supporters have given you marks for this crap which says a lot!

Up in arms?? You drama queen. Do you contribute anything at all to this mb other than making holier-than-thou observations about people you happen to disagree with - especially Revidge Blue and me?

You're obsessed.

agree, enough is enough… we played 4 defenders and 5 midfielders and still they scored 4 against us…. what is so ###### difficult about playing 2 strikers, and no Andrews and Pedersen. Sam must (Please don't use that word again) off the piece of crap, ive had enough. I was bloody embarrased and switched off after the 1st half, and went to sleep. this is no Knee Jerk reaction, if it is then I will have no knees left. The fact of the matter is, that Sam is screwing us big time with his rubbish tactics and blatant inability to select the right team. Andrews should not be allowed near the team, ive supported him but he and Pedersen should ###### off. As Waggy calls him, Lardarse should go! :angry2::angry:-_-

:angry2: GO SAM ....HAND YA NOTICE IN!!!!!! :angry:

I would never think I was going to right this, but I actually agree with Abbey.

Yesterday's match and been some of them this year makes me stop and think; "Is it really worth is being a Rover?" When we get a loss like yesterday it only leads to me being grumpy and devestated. Nothing good comes out of it.

Sam has had his tries and I can't imagine how he can play Andrews and not Kalinic when every supporter out there is seeing that is what he should do. Nzonzi - Dunn , Kalinic - Di Santo. It is obvious!

He buys a 21 yeard old with great potential, but doesnt give him the chance. Instead he keeps playing Di Santo who is on loan from Chelsea. We are doing Chelsea a favour instead of ourselves. Is he sucking up to become the next manager?

Sometimes I actually miss Ince.

We could get Jol, Laudrup, Sven etc, but they wouldn’t come because they wouldn’t be given substantial funds to make a difference to the team. Hughes wont come back, he made the decision to leave us way in advance so that will play on his mind. Managers who will be available, who will come without worrying about funds will probably be Megson, Southgate, Curbishly, O' Leary, Hoddle

Sometimes I actually miss Ince.

made some shocking signings, but at least he tried to play football.

You are right about the cost and difference in quality of players, but we didn't even fight for the ball or close down their players. Look at Leeds at OT a few weeks ago, with the right attitude and tactics you always have a chance. I expect to lose these games, but not in that manner. There aren't supposedto be easy games in the premier league, but when teams play us, it is easy. Go on City, just pass the ball around us, we won't bother trying to get it back off you. Oh hi Robinho, are you Jesus? We part like the seas for you. Don't worry when we get the ball, we'll just hoof it up to Di Santo, there will be no other players around him, so it won't cause you many problems.

It's the manager and the tactics. They are not giving us a chance. I don't expect to win ANY game anymore and as far as entertainment goes, if we were a movie, we'd be straight to DVD and then straight into the bargin bin gathering dust.

Archived