BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Enough Is Enough

ABBEY

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sam will not get sacked, I dont have any kind of info to back this up apart from gut feeling, if we carry on playing like this we will go down with sam at the helm, the only way he will leave will be some kind of medical reason.

It really is hard to be a rovers fan not only do we have to watch the worst football we have seen for years from any team we arent getting results either and I dont even see a way out.

Houdini would have his work cut out with this situation.

Allardyce has lost the plot and judging by that display has totally lost the dressing room as well.

He has done plenty enough to upset the board so there is no need for loyalty towards him from there.

Hanging on by a thread now. Two home games where he has to go for the win.

Phil Brown - Jayzus NO, I'd never step foot on Ewood with him there, just couldn't do it.

Clearly we'd all love Hughes but it aint happening. In the cold light of day Souness would be a bad idea. Apart from the man with the umbrella I'm struggling and he's winning silverware and probably playing champions league next season. Maybe go for broke and take a HUGE chance with Shearer?

In light of tonight's 4-1 capitulation against Man. City, Big Sam's side have now managed 8 league games without a win. My patience with the man in charge is wearing painstakingly thin. No one will argue that managing Rovers is an easy task in today's modern game, but Sam is making an even bigger meal out of this job. It's always difficult cashing in your best players (Friedel, Bentley, Warnock, Santa Cruz) but have Rovers done enough to replace them?

Nikola Kalinic - Big Sam made one of Rover's more expensive signings in Croatia's Nikola Kalinic, but overlooks him on a weekly basis. The guy is never going to achieve any consistency when he's reduced to substitute appearances and it can't be doing wonders for his young confidence either. His promising partnership with Di Santo is never given the light of day either.

Michel Salgado - Big Sam twisted the board's arm to accommodate the Real Madrid legend onto the books, but he has been another player used sparingly and is soaking up valuable wages. When Sam does eventually play him, he shoves the 34 year-old on the wing, instead of pulling him inside to compensate his lack of pace. He can pass, he can tackle...so why not? Which brings us onto...

Keith Andrews - Maybe I don't have Big Sam's trained eye, but I can't fathom how this guy deserves a starting place in midfield - injuries notwithstanding. All he can do is jog about like a big pansy and point his finger around with a false sense of authority. Serious questions must be raised as to why we told Fulham to get lost in the summer.

Tactics -

Much has been made about 4-5-1 vs. 4-4-2. Unfortunately, the 4-5-1 formation harks back to Sam's Bolton days, which is why many fans are in uproar the moment it's announced. I don't have any preference so long as the system is efficient and gets results. At the moment, neither are reaping any reward. We lack any sort of structure and organisation, and our midfield is severely starved of pace, width and creativity.

I'm at a loss as to why Sam persists with Gael Givet at left-back. Is it bad enough that we lack pace in midfield that we should extend this to our full-backs? Givet is a centre-back, full-back cover at best.

Part of me wonders if Big Sam's health problems and his time at Newcastle have sapped his passion for this job. He never looks the most enthused of men when talking to the media, and it's a far cry from the Cheshire Cat who rejoiced in his overachievements at Bolton. Does he think that he can run the club in auto-pilot by sticking Di Santo up front and hoping the methodical numbers game will keep the club above water? That's the epiphany I got after watching the first half surrender against Man. City.

Topman, not often I give you credit - but this time I will. At this moment in time I would even take Kevin Keegan - at least he would give the players Rovers have now cthe required confidence to stay up. Not saying keegan is the answer, but he couldn't do worse.

I've completely lost faith in Sam now after that performance. We look very promising at home when we actually decide to play some football and put the opposition under pressure, but that seems to be lacking away from Ewood.

We need a solid midfield, and to start with Andrews is frustrating to say the least. I won't get into the whole Andrews debate, but this guy does not even deserve a place on the bench!

We looked promising today once we had Pedersen, Emerton, Nzonzi and Hoillet in the middle. We had a variety of pace, a tiny bit of quality as well as a bit of graft. However, it seems to me that Nzonzi cannot handle the opposition midfield, and that forces Sam to play Andrews and, therefore, revert to a 4-5-1.

He needs to think of a Plan B quick. We seriously need to sort something out quick, because we have a run of crucial games coming up and very difficult end to the season.

Make or break!

I'd take Megson over this clown! I don't want us to be a club that changes there manager each season but we can't keep things like this, we are in a semi final it should be something to look forward to, exciting times! I'm not looking forward to the Villa games, i honestly can see us getting a spanking in both games!

Sort it out Williams before we are in the championship!

Can't believe I'd say this, but I really don't care if we beat Villa. Can you imagine Allardyce leading out that team at Wembley against one of the Manc teams in front of millions on TV? It would just be one huge embarrassment- I'm struggling to find anything to be proud about in the current set up. That's a sure fire sign we need a change in management! :angry2::angry2:

Totally spot on Ultrablue lets hope Villa give Allardyces Rovers a thrashing.

The fact of the matter is if we did sack Sam, bang goes any hopes of signing anyone in the January window. All our dough would be spent compensating Sam and his backroom staff. That's the situation we find ourselves in.

Exactly. Sam isn't the only problem we have and the biggest one is lack of funds.

Ok tugay not on his own .what about (thinking out loud here ..brainstorming bfore i get hung)...but with curbishly? dowie? peter reid?....just a thought ....im despondent and ready to kill.

Certain relegation for me if that happens.

Sack Sam and who do we get in that is going to make this bunch perform any better? We lack someone who can cross and someone who is a proven finisher, and we don't have the cash to buy them. I would even take Pennant at the moment, just get the ball in the box. Time for JW to find the cash.

Joke of a manager, joke of a side and fast becoming a joke of a club.

Nice to see his ambition pre game saying he would take the point now. Play to draw in this league and you will get beat, espicially when you are such a poor outfit like us.

3 i would be happy with for 6months to save our skins

Curbs

McClaren

Laudrup

Its getting to the point soon where we may have to make a change in order to stay up, but like i said on the Allardyce thread, i can't think of a manager who can turn us around. In history, the world of sports is littered with teams that have had a point where they have peaked and from then on its a rapid decline and it seems nothing can change that. I get the feeling this is happening to Rovers, we have been in decline for years and relegation to me seems inevitable whoever the manager is.

We are paying the price for massive under-investment by the owners. We have never recovered from losing Bentley. If we can hang on this season we will be facing the same situation next. We are a Premier League side with a Championship budget.

I think Sam letting Tugay go was the first and biggest mistake, Tugay was creative, influential, passionate and most of all he was able to offer a plan b when things werent going our way, now we have no plan b at all.

You cant replace the one player that gave us so much with a young lad who shouldnt even be starting full games at his age.

We have no creativity and now he even wants to get shot of Benni, I could understand this if his military style of football was working but it isnt.

Tugay would have still walked into this team.

Exactly. Sam isn't the only problem we have and the biggest one is lack of funds.

Certain relegation for me if that happens.

Sack Sam and who do we get in that is going to make this bunch perform any better? We lack someone who can cross and someone who is a proven finisher, and we don't have the cash to buy them. I would even take Pennant at the moment, just get the ball in the box. Time for JW to find the cash.

Once you've lost the players you're dead in the water. It looks like Allardyce is fast approaching that point, in which case no-one could do any worse.

Archived