BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Enough Is Enough

ABBEY

I acknowledge your right to your opinion Abbey.Bottom line we both want our team to do the business...doesn't mean we always have to agree on how we get there!

By the way,sorry to hear about your sacking on Champ Manager! :rolleyes:

NO PROBS , i was playing long ball and hovering near the drop and sold benni :P

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bleatings? wake up pal smell the coffee its smelling off!!! worthwhile ive given umpteen ??

acheived was LAST year and we put up with kick and rush and was promised progress....he lost my support after his "expert " comment and when he said the west hgam game was good and how well we played when it was one of the most dire braindead non events witnessed in the past 20 years.

knickers in a twist ???? i just want my club that i love and have lost lots supporting over the past 39 years to stand up for what we have gained over this time from,3rd div to playoff misses to promtion to euro footy ,runnrs up to champions to champ league to silverware to beiong one of the established prem teams that has built this on hard work,down to earth ,proper good footy to now a laughing stock ,.

today we had a big meeting and had the pish from dingles ,lashers ,nobenders,citeh ,wigan ,liverpoo and manure .all saying how bad we were last night.

its ok saying hang on but under sam weve become accustemed to one up front ,long kick and hope percentage footy,boring footy .Its dire depressing ,its rubbish,it shows how sam is scred to try and win games,we dont get stuck in ,we dont show passion . if it carries on like it or not i can see (even if present prices stay or drop by another 100 notes) next season us being lucky if we shift 4 thousand season tickets ..IT REALLY IS THAT BAD AND THE FEELING IN /AROUND BLACKBURN /ON THE BLACKBURN END ETC.

ANYONE CAN DISGUISE IT HOW THEY WANT BUT IM NOT TOY THROWING ,IM NOT SPITTING DUMMY AND I CERTAINLY DONT PLAY CHAMP MANAGER ..I TRIED AND GOT THE SACK :P.

Got to agree Abs, Ive REALLY REALLY tried with Allardyce, but it really is starting to look hopeless. The season ticket sales worry me greatly, all the hard work done gone to dust.

If we stay up and he stays- mass non renewal of season tickets

If we go down- People stop renewing as a matter of course PLUS STs will have to substantially rise in price, even more fans jump ship.

Very very worrying.

Got to agree Abs, Ive REALLY REALLY tried with Allardyce, but it really is starting to look hopeless. The season ticket sales worry me greatly, all the hard work done gone to dust.

If we stay up and he stays- mass non renewal of season tickets

If we go down- People stop renewing as a matter of course PLUS STs will have to substantially rise in price, even more fans jump ship.

Very very worrying.

Be assured that it would already have happened but for Allardyce.

Be assured that it would already have happened but for Allardyce.

No-one is denying his accomplishment last season but it is impossible to say that no-one else could have achieved the same thing.

If the squad hadn't been good enough to stay up there'd have been no point whatsoever sacking Ince would there?

I have been on this message board for a long time --longer than my name thing says-- and before that was on the mailing list. Rovers and this board have followed me from two countries of residence, 27 countries of service, one military career, and two children.

This club and board have supported me through deployments, long nights on watch and some long durations of medical rehabilitation due to my career.

I normally use humor and satire to mask my pains and disappointments.

The team at the moment are chewing through that barrier.

I love Rovers like it was a member of my family, and it actually seems that it is. The club sends my children birthday cards and I attend as many matches as I am fiscally able to. I have flown to the UK many times just to see games, and have taken MAK flights while in the military and been stationed oversees to watch the team. My children have been put to bed (while just infants) in Rovers attire. My oldest daughter trains for her football team in a Rovers kit.

Please for the love of God board, do not hurt this club anymore do something that is right.

If it means giving the manager more money: try.

If it means moving the manager on: do so.

If it means royally kicking the teams ass: do so.

You know --like we do-- that if we fall this time into the abyss of the Championship- there may be no coming back.

I will support the club if it is in the Conference, like I would my child if she became a beggar. I would be disappointed but love remains. I would strive to help her out of the gutter, I would starve to send her to school.

Rovers board look after your child, give it the tools to succeed.

Or send it for adoption.

The choice is yours.

Make the right one.

Cheers Hughesy, I think you've just elevated JW status to even greater heights.

Matthewman I would think will be one of the trust members as is he not married to one of the Walkers. Just a pity Jack isnt around to put him into his place.

Question is how does JW and co. keep the Trust, but get rid of Matthewman?

Matthewman is married to Jack Walkers daughter as far as I was aware. I wouldn't expect he'll be going anywhere soon. Sadly

I have been on this message board for a long time --longer than my name thing says-- and before that was on the mailing list. Rovers and this board have followed me from two countries of residence, 27 countries of service, one military career, and two children.

This club and board have supported me through deployments, long nights on watch and some long durations of medical rehabilitation due to my career.

I normally use humor and satire to mask my pains and disappointments.

The team at the moment are chewing through that barrier.

I love Rovers like it was a member of my family, and it actually seems that it is. The club sends my children birthday cards and I attend as many matches as I am fiscally able to. I have flown to the UK many times just to see games, and have taken MAK flights while in the military and been stationed oversees to watch the team. My children have been put to bed (while just infants) in Rovers attire. My oldest daughter trains for her football team in a Rovers kit.

Please for the love of God board, do not hurt this club anymore do something that is right.

If it means giving the manager more money: try.

If it means moving the manager on: do so.

If it means royally kicking the teams ass: do so.

You know --like we do-- that if we fall this time into the abyss of the Championship- there may be no coming back.

I will support the club if it is in the Conference, like I would my child if she became a beggar. I would be disappointed but love remains. I would strive to help her out of the gutter, I would starve to send her to school.

Rovers board look after your child, give it the tools to succeed.

Or send it for adoption.

The choice is yours.

Make the right one.

Excellent post, I guess we will always be disappointed that it's very rare that managers, players and owners love the club anywhere near as much as we do.(Jack of course did, we were so lucky having someone that loved the club so much). Except possibly Dunny no one at the club would shed a tear if we were to be relegated, the rest would be disappointed, but only because they'd have delegation on their cv.

That's very unfair, Richard Matthewman seems a very pleasant chap.

Hughesey posts on here that he supports Allardyce and all of a sudden he's public enemy number one?

I've no idea whether he supports Allardyce or not. Even if he does, he's not the one who signs the players, chooses the tactics, picks the team and gives the team talks.

Totally spot on Ultrablue lets hope Villa give Allardyces Rovers a thrashing.

No true Rovers fan would ever wish to see us defeated. At times like this real football fans support their team through thick and thin. Some of the comments, especially some made at the match last night, only serve to make players nervous and lose even more confidence. Anyone who really cares about Rovers will still be at gamnes and at least ensure they give the team their full backing during matches.

I think a lot of people on here need a reality check. I`m not going to claim we are playing well, we are`nt, but I remain convinced the form and results will return and fans backing will help to acheive that. But regardless, the reality is that with our limited resources it is an uphill battle to compete. If people had experienced the real depths that the club has plummeted to in the past, such as the bottom of the old 3rd division, then you may be a little more appreciative of the fact that we are even in the PL.

What is our record this season before and after Allardyce's operation? We do seem to have been on a heavy downwards slide since he returned. Has this something to do with it? If so then it's better for all concerned if he goes

Wonder if it is actually the inverse.

His being told what he has to work with and what is expected actualy caused the heart problems.

It has done it to me.

As painful as the football is, as limited as the team's tactics are, as poor as our away capitulations are, as arrogant as big Sam can be, the only discussion worth having is whether we get rid in the summer. There is no point having a debate about whether he should go now, in two games, in 5 etc. as:

1. We cannot pay out his contract and have funds for another manager.

2. There is a dearth of candidates with better credentials who would be attracted to this club

3. If we did attract one of these managers the transfer window would be shut.

I agree that he has not taken the football club forward and in my opinion isn't likely to either but, like it or not, we have a chance of staying up with Big Sam in charge and the boo boys and the disgruntled doing the best to keep their traps shut and get behind the team. Of course we're in a relegation battle and may go down too but that's the unpredictability of football. I am far more certain of going down were we to change managers between now and the end of the season and we're far more certain of going down if we all throw our toys out of the pram at Ewood (and believe me I feel tempted but know that we must rise above it)

I think a lot of people on here need a reality check. I`m not going to claim we are playing well, we are`nt, but I remain convinced the form and results will return and fans backing will help to acheive that. But regardless, the reality is that with our limited resources it is an uphill battle to compete. If people had experienced the real depths that the club has plummeted to in the past, such as the bottom of the old 3rd division, then you may be a little more appreciative of the fact that we are even in the PL.

We are not even playing average.

I am not an alarmist (try hard not to be)but come on.

Limited recourses be damned, resources can not cause players to care, resources can not make failing tactics work.

11 of those fans last night drafted from the stands and thrown at Man City would have had more verve than that shower of waste that oozed around the field.

And saying it could be worse or has been worse in the past is about as apologetic as you can get. Might as well say: "Could be worse we might all be dead"

If people don’t spark up their ideas and put some fire in some bellies those "depths that the club has plummeted to in the past" will be our future.

oh hughes who art unemployed,

sparky be thy name,

thy time has come,

there's work to be done,

on the ground and not in the air,

give us our team back and forgive us for andrews/diouf,

lead us not into the championship,

but deliver us from allardyce and di santo,

for thine is the league cup,

then europe and the top 8,

forever and ever,

amen

I suspect that finances will dictate this and that we'll do exactly the same as we did when Souness was taking us down the pan towards the end of his tenure - cross our fingers and hope for the best.

However from a purely footballing point of view I don't think it's a good enough argument to cite the names of a few of the usual suspects on the managerial merry go round, and say "look at that there's no-one better out there"

We wouldn't have to appoint Jewell/Reid etc and I'm not having it that there aren't countless managers out there who could get us organised and competitive.

Conversely, the other problem is that the next couple of home games against Fulham and Wigan are crucial. If the next few results go the wrong way, we could replace Allardyce with Gus Hiddink until the end of the season and he might struggle to keep us up.

sparky be thy name,

thy time has come,

there's work to be done,

forever and ever,

amen

Hahaha! Awesome! Pity we'll never get him.

sparky be thy name,

thy time has come,

there's work to be done,

forever and ever,

amen

If I could +10 this I would.

Wonderful job sir.

I've been done with this clown for some time. The man has lost it and I think he is playing silly buggars now with the fans. In all my years of watching Rovers I have never seen one of our teams give so little effort on so many occasions. Even in the darkest days we tried. Last night was simply garbage, lazy, disinterested players. How the hell does Richards run the length of the field, through about 5 or 6 of our players, some of whom just amble alongside him and then score a rebound from the post.

It crap, we did not even start to play until close to 70 minutes, I don't get it. He persists with garbage, two down and we still go one up front, I don't get it I just don't get it. Sam turn it around or buggar off. All we ask for right now is at least a glimmer of hope.

To Sam Allardyce

For Gods sake put a team on the pitch and play to Win, which after all is the name of the game instead of this so called tactical defensive crap which in case you had'nt noticed is not working.

Oh and in case you can't remember how to play to win it's easy,just treat every game as a Cup Final.

To all Rovers fans attending the games

Just chant Attack, Attack, Attack every time they get the ball, and burn it into the players brains (those that have some).If it's done right they will get the message.

To the players

I'd like to say decide amongst yourselves to play to win and once on the pitch ignore S.A.s "tactics" and go for it.However that's probably too rebellious but that's just how desperate I am to see an end to this demoralising crap each week.

I've been a Rovers fan for many many years (1950's)and never seen so many good players being ruined by trying to play this way, it has to change.

To all Rovers fans attending the games

Just chant Attack, Attack, Attack every time they get the ball, and burn it into the players brains (those that have some).If it's done right they will get the message.

To the players

I'd like to say decide amongst yourselves to play to win and once on the pitch ignore S.A.s "tactics" and go for it.However that's probably too rebellious but that's just how desperate I am to see an end to this demoralising crap each week.

I've been a Rovers fan for many many years (1950's)and never seen so many good players being ruined by trying to play this way, it has to change.

Good idea, make a LOT of noise when they do things right too. When they boot it, boo. If the players won't play for their manager, maybe they'll play for the fans? I think they find it difficult to actually play constructive football when BFS sets us out to defend and launch it.

I'd love to be able to conduct at interview with Sam:

Me: Sam, your tactics aren't working, we are dropping like a lead balloon. Do you even have a plan b if your prehistoric long ball ball tatics don't work?

Sam: Look, I'm the expert...

Me: No, Sam, it's pretty obvious you're not an expert, I've seen more intelligent management in Sunday league football.

Archived