BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Enough Is Enough

ABBEY

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would people consider the idea of bringing Zola to Ewood Park instead of Sam?

Hell no - have you seen where West Ham are?! :blink:

I think Sam got his tactics and substitutions spot on today. His team also played for him.

Today is one step in the right direction and people will start to change their minds a little and have every right to do so because today was different from what we've seen for a while. The performance still wasn't great but the big changes are that Sam showed the willingness to change by going 4-4-2 and including Kalinic which is what we've been crying out for.

I think as CrazyIvan said, the biggest difference for me today is that the majority of the players gave a fair bit of effort and looked like they were playing for him, that had been my biggest concern in recent games.

That was the difference for me yesterday - they actually played like they wanted to win for him...maybe they agree with 4-4-2 but not 4-5-1? Either way Samba, Olsson, Robbo, Kalinic & Benni were all very good!

I must admit, i can see Allardyce creeping out of this one with that win which puts us in a much better position than this time last week. I'm still anti-sam though because of his anti-footballing approach. The most important thing for a club our size is to maintain a decent fan base, particularly as we are up for sale. His approach doesn't help and before the hardcore fans take the 'well if they don't like it, they can f off approach', it is a huge concern when attendances are falling even if it is only the glory hunting fans that aren't bothering to watch.

All sam has done with yesterday is win himself a reprieve for the moment, his approach can be stomached when results are going our way, but in the last few weeks we have all seen that when he isn't getting the results, he looks vulnerable. For yesterday, I give him a thumbs up for lifting the teams performance but listening to all his egocentric bleating after the game, I think he is naive to think that thats the end of the matter.

I'm still anti-sam though because of his anti-footballing approach.

The most important thing for a club our size is to maintain a decent fan base, particularly as we are up for sale. His approach doesn't help and before the hardcore fans take the 'well if they don't like it, they can f off approach', it is a huge concern when attendances are falling even if it is only the glory hunting fans that aren't bothering to watch.

Its not all anti-football though is it? Yesterday we played some nice stuff down the wings - I think our hoofball is more to do with the quality we lack in the centre.....

Win against Wigan and we will go above Stoke (Not playing), and more than likely level with Fulham (Away @ Spurs). So that would leave us 11th, 2pts off 9th (assuming Everton beat Sunderland).

As for Attendances - you will find our average attendance is infact 2200 up on last season....and we still have the games against United, Bolton & Everton to come at home....

17/01/2010 Blackburn Rovers 2 - 0 Fulham 21287 (21k home fans after 12 games without a win)

17/01/2010 Bolton Wanderers 0 - 2 Arsenal 23893 (19.5k home fans - to welcome thier new hero manager)

Its not all anti-football though is it? Yesterday we played some nice stuff down the wings - I think our hoofball is more to do with the quality we lack in the centre.....

Win against Wigan and we will go above Stoke (Not playing), and more than likely level with Fulham (Away @ Spurs). So that would leave us 11th, 2pts off 9th (assuming Everton beat Sunderland).

As for Attendances - you will find our average attendance is infact 2200 up on last season....and we still have the games against United, Bolton & Everton to come at home....

17/01/2010 Blackburn Rovers 2 - 0 Fulham 21287 (21k home fans after 12 games without a win)

17/01/2010 Bolton Wanderers 0 - 2 Arsenal 23893 (19.5k home fans - to welcome thier new hero manager)

I like your optimism Hughesy, if we did win that game against Wigan, we'd be looking at lot better and the pressure would ease some more on sam thanks to his results. Regarding his footballing approach, however, he was under pressure from the fans yesterday so his stubborn methods were dropped to appease the home support, why else would he go four-four-two? He didn't when his job wasn't under threat, that's for sure. I'm absolutely convinced that if results picked up, he'd be straight back to his own methods.

Both you and I know the only reason the attendances are up is because the club have drastically reduced season ticket prices and constantly offer great deals on match tickets. Thats a great thing and they deserve congratulations for that but at the end of the day, if the ticket prices were anything like they were under Hughes, was it about £399, there is no way, our attendances would have increased watching Sam. I know of moderate fans who aren't renewing next year simply because they don't look forward to the games anymore. The fact is with such great season ticket prices, we should be selling out really and though sam isn't entirely to blame for this, he has played his part. Just watch season ticket sales decrease next year, even as we come further out of recession.

:rover: I read onteletext that robbo was our biggest passer,its not all hoofball :blink::brfcsmilie:

13 passes yesterday - 8 successful, 5 not.

Compared to Schwarzer - 13 passes, 5 successful, 8 not

Not much long hoofballs yesterday - check the Facts if you want (Gaurdian Chalkboard)

A few more stats.......

Passes 223 (50 unsuccessful) - Fulham 401 (82 unsuccessful)

Blocks 6 - 1

Interceptions - 22 - 14

Tackles - 71 - 78 (Successful - 47 - 38)

Passing stats for Olsson, Nelsen & NZonzi also very good...

cracks been papered over today .happy ,no ecstatic with 3 points but why just boot the ball from robbo,surley at least mix it with rolling it out once in a while?

In fairness Abs, he did exactly that. Granted it wasn't very often but there were times when he did. To ironic cheers on a couple of occassions too!

While the Sun is near the bottom of the pile with regards to newspaper credibility, I was still shocked at their ratings for some players:

Sun's opinion (my opinion).

Robbo - 5 - Flapped at a cross that almost let Johnson in (conveniently forgetting the 6/7 saves that kept us in the game. 8).

Chimbo - 5 - Looked shaky at times when the ball was in the box. (Agreed).

Samba - 7 - Scored from Schwarzer howler. Booked. (Agreed).

Nelsen - 6 - Scored, but struggled to cope with Dempsey. (Yes, but he also made quite a few good tackles against other attacking players in the game, such as Johnson and Murphy).

Givet - 6 - Dealt well with the tricky Gera. (Agreed).

Bert - 5 - Caused few problems for the Fulham defence. (Also failed to track back like he usually does. Agreed 6)

NZonzi - 5 - Lacked confidence and gave the ball away. (Also made the cross-field pass that lead to the freekick for our second -I think- and did in fact make some good passes and dominated in the air. 6)

Reid - 6 - A few crunching tackles but short of fitness. (Agreed, and also has a better long throw)

Olsson - 5 - Isolated on the left wing. (Bullshizzle. He played very well and linked with the strikers well. Pacey and put some damned good crosses in. 7)

Kalinic - 4 - Performance sums up Rovers career. (Bullshizle. Did all that was asked of him barring that goal. If Hoilett had given him the ball where he wanted, he'd have been an 8. But it's a 7 from me.)

McCarthy - 8 DTSM. Constant threat. (Agreed).

Rip that to pieces if you want, but that's what I reckon.

Robbo - 5 - Flapped at a cross that almost let Johnson in (conveniently forgetting the 6/7 saves that kept us in the game. 8).

I thought his saves were pretty routine. Most of them were straight at him, at a reasonable height. Had Johnson exploited his mistake, we would have really been against it. Still not convinced by Robbo.

I thought his saves were pretty routine. Most of them were straight at him, at a reasonable height. Had Johnson exploited his mistake, we would have really been against it. Still not convinced by Robbo.

I suppose the saves WERE routine....BUT he'd normally let a couple in. This time he didn't, so I rated him higher.

:rover: true i would have give him 2 :mellow::brfcsmilie:

Madness.

I take it this is a vendetta because the poor lad was signed by Sam?

He makes that other bunch we have look like lazy snails.

He makes a fantastic effort and has been monstrously unlucky, I am sure he will make you eat those words shortly.

13 passes yesterday - 8 successful, 5 not.

Compared to Schwarzer - 13 passes, 5 successful, 8 not

Not much long hoofballs yesterday - check the Facts if you want (Gaurdian Chalkboard)

did you have your eyes open or gazing into dunny's eyes....them stats dont pick up on who got the second ball or possesion,he hoofed the ball evry time bar one or two which someone said there was ironic cheers.

I take it you all love BFS now laugh.gif Rovers fans never change!

Did I read someone even wanted Sourpuss back?

Take it you still miss snagle-tooth?

I for one do not love him.

Just think he got the tactics right, for a change.

If he reverts to the same old crap I will complain just as loudly as your sister moans when you visit.

I take it you all love BFS now laugh.gif Rovers fans never change!

Did I read :lol: someone even wanted Sourpuss back?

You obviously still can't read. get the person who types for you to read a few posts on this thread and a few of the others.

It's nice when Rovers win and the six fingered dingle freaks lose.

Madness.

I take it this is a vendetta because the poor lad was signed by Sam?

He makes that other bunch we have look like lazy snails.

He makes a fantastic effort and has been monstrously unlucky, I am sure he will make you eat those words shortly.

:rover: i've been waiting since lardarse bought him of YOUTUBE :blush::brfc:

Archived