BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Enough Is Enough

ABBEY

Those of you thinking that Sam is going to get sacked are going to be disappointed.

I was also convinced that he would sacked if performances were poor in the next 2 games, however learned a few things, can't say what or from whom as it could potentially get that person in trouble, but believe what I have been told and Sam will remain manager. That is not to say that his position hasn't been looked at by the powers that be, it has been looked at very seriously but in the end no change for the moment.

If true Kamy I didn't really expect the situation to be any different tbh.

However I wonder if there is "a break off point" which might cause a rethink if results don't improve in say 3, 4 or 5 games?

In my view we have the next six games to get a large proportion of the points we need to stay up.

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fans are entitled to complain, of course they are, but for goodness sake try and do what supporters are supposed to do, and support the team and the manager. Starting on Sunday.

I was there supporting on Thursday. I will be there supporting on Sunday. I will not be booing or calling for the manager's head or any such thing while the match is on because I believe it's counterproductive, but I still think we should be looking very seriously at whether there is not a candidate out there who might be able to get us out of the mess we are in because we may be in 13th but it's not a very safe position to be in at the moment. I'd settle for finishing there when the end of the season comes round but at the moment i don't think we will be that high and we could easily be in the bottom 3 sooner than you think.

I'm not impressed by the lynch mob mentality which is building up steam on here. In fact I've given up reading the messageboard very often, so hideously negative is some of the nonsense on here. I object to some of the more shrill voices of protest insisting that " everyone " wants Sam Allardyce out. I don't.

We're 13th, not cut adrift at the bottom. He did a great job from a very difficult starting position last year. We were building nicely this year until Dunn got injured. We've reached the semifinal of the Carling Cup. We've beaten Aston Villa and a strong Chelsea side. We spend very little in comparison to virtually every other Premiership club. What do people realistically expect ?

Sam is too cautious. He is too fond of the 451 formation. He is not perfect. No manager is. But the weight of evidence in my view is that we would be more likely to get a manager in his place that is less well equipped to keep us in the Premiership than Sam Allardyce , rather than one who is better. The grass is always greener for some fans . If fans campaign to get Sam Allardyce sacked and his replacement takes us down, they will be partly responsible. Be careful what you wish for.

I'm glad that none of the members of the suicide squad on here will ever get anywhere near managing a football club, especially this one. With their level of emotional fortitude we'd have been relegated by the end of November.

Fans are entitled to complain, of course they are, but for goodness sake try and do what supporters are supposed to do, and support the team and the manager. Starting on Sunday.

Well said that man.Not eveyrone on here is a lemming.

I think there's every reason to persevere with someone because it would be difficult to find someone better. Sounds logical to me.

Sounds more like the board not wanting to admit to another mistake within such a short period of time, allied with having to payout a lot of wasted money.

We all know what they've got to do, the big question now is does our board have the desire and more importantly the ability to carry the club forward.

I'm not impressed by the lynch mob mentality which is building up steam on here. In fact I've given up reading the messageboard very often, so hideously negative is some of the nonsense on here. I object to some of the more shrill voices of protest insisting that " everyone " wants Sam Allardyce out. I don't.

We're 13th, not cut adrift at the bottom. He did a great job from a very difficult starting position last year. We were building nicely this year until Dunn got injured. We've reached the semifinal of the Carling Cup. We've beaten Aston Villa and a strong Chelsea side. We spend very little in comparison to virtually every other Premiership club. What do people realistically expect ?

Sam is too cautious. He is too fond of the 451 formation. He is not perfect. No manager is. But the weight of evidence in my view is that we would be more likely to get a manager in his place that is less well equipped to keep us in the Premiership than Sam Allardyce , rather than one who is better. The grass is always greener for some fans . If fans campaign to get Sam Allardyce sacked and his replacement takes us down, they will be partly responsible. Be careful what you wish for.

I'm glad that none of the members of the suicide squad on here will ever get anywhere near managing a football club, especially this one. With their level of emotional fortitude we'd have been relegated by the end of November.

SUPER SAM KING OF FOOTBALL.....

Sounds more like the board not wanting to admit to another mistake within such a short period of time, allied with having to payout a lot of wasted money.

We all know what they've got to do, the big question now is does our board have the desire and more importantly the ability to carry the club forward.

Shouldnt we be asking, have they got the finances to carry the club forward?

Shouldnt we be asking, have they got the finances to carry the club forward?

They've had probably HAD around £50m a year to run the club. With the target of, if you want more, then earn it through successes on and off the pitch.

That for me is a decent chunk of money, especially when there a few premier league club lurching :blush: from one financial crisis to the next.

If you give or allow somebody that kind of money and they blow it, are you going to give them more, or be more reluctant to give them more. I know which way i'd go.

SUPER SAM KING OF FOOTBALL.....

I think a well thought-out and well balanced post deserved more than that childish, useless retort.

He never suggested anything like what you wrote. Why is it almost impossible to engage in rational debate with those who hate Sam?

For the record; I'm far from happy at the moment and wouldn't be at all upset if he left, but the way some people are behaving on here is ridiculous.

I think a well thought-out and well balanced post deserved more than that childish, useless retort.

He never suggested anything like what you wrote. Why is it almost impossible to engage in rational debate with those who hate Sam?

For the record; I'm far from happy at the moment and wouldn't be at all upset if he left, but the way some people are behaving on here is ridiculous.

SUPER SAM KING OF STELLA.....didnt know every post had to be well thought out.

But that's not what I said.

It might SEEM difficult, but you have to try. Especially when there is so much at stake and there is so little to be satisfied about right now.

If this is as good as it gets, then how much longer do we have until relegation?

Agree. The people at the top get paid big money. They should start to earn it by having some suitable candidates ready to approach if the slide under sam continues.

Was a nice post and well thought out but there are certain things that cant be ignored, do you agree that the style of football that Sam plays is working with the team, do you think its will work with the team before its too late, do you think that sam will change his ways to match the team?

As for the teams we have beat well against Villa I would have to say we were lucky , bumley we were very good but nearly gave it up, wolves we did ok but they gifted us the goals, Bolton were woefully bad, but yes the chelsea match was just so different from any match I had seen this season.

As for the grass is always greener statement, well sometimes it is, it was last season and probably will be again whether it is at the end of the season or now. Was Sam that miraculous last season keeping us up? I dont know, you have the new manager effect and it wasnt really that hard to improve on Ince's shortfallings.

The prem this year is a different ball game there are so many worse teams than the year before I feel we should be higher up the league and we should have settled in our formations and tactics but we havent I still feel Sam is trying to pick the players that suit his tactic and will the way he wants them to play rather than playing the way that suits the team and gets results.

Am I in the favour of sacking Sam? Not really but I know Sam and know he wont change his ways to suit the players he is far too arrogant and stubborn and believes his way will come good in the end, but this end will result in relegation, Sam is good at getting teams out of the relegation battle for the simple reason he makes his teams hard to beat and very defensive, we have had this all season and he has no plan b to save us apart from actually playing for the win (which he doesnt know how to do)

When a manager is appointed that the majority of fans didnt want in the first place it never works, maybe with sam because of his arrogance he can push through this but when his tactics bore the living death out of the fans the only thing we are left with is results and when they dont come what happens then?

Sam is in control of his own destiny and needs nobody to fight his corner all he needs to do is show he can adapt if he cant he deserves to go.

I'm not impressed by the lynch mob mentality which is building up steam on here.

Why is it almost impossible to engage in rational debate with those who hate Sam?

Ridiculous comments really, because over the last 2-3 months anyone on this MB who has dared to criticise Allardyce - constructively, in a well balanced way, pointing out the bleeding obvious or otherwise - has been treated by that exact "lynch mob mentality" by people who are now saying they're unhappy with things. A few folk have been hounded off for daring to point out obvious faults.

The mood in Ewood has been swinging towards negative for a lot longer than it has on this messageboard. Monday night seems to have been a bit of a watershed on here ... people are fed up of crap football and crap results - but now that's a lynch mob?? You need to get to some games and find out what the paying punters think, it's a lot more hostile than any supposed "lynch mob" on this internet site.

Are you seriously telling me that whoever replaced allardyce would actually do worse thna he's doing at the moment?

Which areas would Allardyce be better in that any possible replacement then? Motivation? Tactics? Organisation? Transfers?

I'm intrigued.

Bryan

You deserve Megson, you really do. (Not the rest of the Rovers fans on here, just you for that post.) ;)

Motivation? Tactics? Organisation? Transfers? Within three months you'd be hankering for the "good old days" under Sam. Believe me.

Ridiculous comments really, because over the last 2-3 months anyone on this MB who has dared to criticise Allardyce - constructively, in a well balanced way, pointing out the bleeding obvious or otherwise - has been treated by that exact "lynch mob mentality" by people who are now saying they're unhappy with things. A few folk have been hounded off for daring to point out obvious faults.

The mood in Ewood has been swinging towards negative for a lot longer than it has on this messageboard. Monday night seems to have been a bit of a watershed on here ... people are fed up of crap football and crap results - but now that's a lynch mob?? You need to get to some games and find out what the paying punters think, it's a lot more hostile than any supposed "lynch mob" on this internet site.

It is interesting how the mood of the board has reflected Ince's reign albeit with different players in different roles and over a longer period of time. My memory isn't what it used to be so apologies if I've got this wrong. Under Ince there were people from the start who disliked him - I'm recalling Jan, Thenodrog. Most people thought it was personal and didn't particularly listen to them. Over time opinion changed based on what we were seeing . Then there were some of us (and I think you and I were in that camp Tris) who advocated giving him time until ultimately it became obvious it needed a change. I think the same thing has happened with Allardyce. People like Waggy and Spencey7 didn't like Allardyce from the start. Sometimes they were far from constructive or well-balanced and that got people's backs up and maybe tarred a lot of people with the same brush? Drog and Hughesy think he was the right choice. Myself, I thought he was right to save us but he was never my choice to replace Hughes (neither was Ince). Perhaps a "failing" on my side is loyalty to our managers - maybe for too long. However, after defending him for some time on here I have reached the point where I believe that something changed with his operation - maybe his desire, his ability to motivate, whatever - and that results bear that out, and that now it is probably time for a change. I say that with a heavy heart - knowing the implications for this club.

As for the paying punters, well I picked some different seats on Thursday and all I heard was complaining. That said, most of it was from a group of morons who didn't even know who the players were ("he's brought Hoillett on at left back FFS - he doesn't know what he's doing") and bizarrely complained when anyone kicked it forward and then booed if they passed the ball sideways or backwards to keep possession. I guess you can't please all of the people... :lol:

On Thursday I heard the team news (one up front) in the car having just parked up. Even the mother in law swore loudly and said "you stupid man, there goes wembley."

As we walked to the ground we were (almost jokingly) speculating on whether we would manage not to concede in the first 20 mins and Sams cautious plan would go tits up for the 'nth time this season. We discussed the likelihood of not seeing any attacking footy from Rovers till the second half and then probably only the last 20 mins and whether the crowd would turn on Sam tonight. We both agreed we'd never been less enthusiastic for a match before - and this was a semi final.

At half time we joked he'll probably bring on Reid intstead of a forward.....

* we concede after 22 mins

* We don't turn up in the first half

* We have a go second half

* Reid comes on (nothing against him, just a bizarre sub)

* We lose

The saddest thing is we have a squad of players that under 2 managers now have shown little commitment (our most hardworking 100% player is on loan from Chelsea) and won't compete (or yes - even BULLY) the opposition. What would you give to see a David Batty/Flitcroft/Robbie Savage character out there?

The squad is poor and any manager has their work cut out however under Allardyce you can guarantee that me and the mother n law will be having the same conversation on Sunday. As the thread title says...enough's enough!

Perfectly agree. Going away from home to Man City and being out of the game at half time, well not even started to play really, is just not acceptable. Even when we lost 6-2 at Arsenal we gave it a great go and it could very well have been different.

If you think this is a Lynch Mob then wait for the reaction should we not win on Sunday.

Bryan

You deserve Megson, you really do. (Not the rest of the Rovers fans on here, just you for that post.) ;)

Motivation? Tactics? Organisation? Transfers? Within three months you'd be hankering for the "good old days" under Sam. Believe me.

Zulu, I'm intrigued to know what you make of the current situation with Sam at Rovers. You've probably got a good idea of the feelings of the Rovers fans, but just so you know, there was wide-spread booing of the team at half time and full time on Thursday - something of a rarity at Ewood.

My general view of Sam's spell at Bolton was that the football wasn't pretty viewing but, because of it's success (especially bearing in mind the fact that he'd only just got you promoted) and the manner in which the team battled against the top four, the fans were more than happy for it to be employed. Am I right to think that the fans would have become disgruntled were results to take a turn for the worse?

Was the football as negative as is being described around here (in particular, 4-5-1 at home in a cup semi final), flair players left out of the side, line-ups changed week-in, week-out, a succession of expensive flops?

Do you think Sam might have lost his passion for the game? Oh, and was he as supremely arrogant as he is now?

Just so you know, I beleive that Sam has seven fixtures to save his job - Bolton at home the crunch game. I think it's all too easy to call for his head while there are no better alternatives out there. I also think that the current situation is serious, but not desperate - we are still in 13th, afterall.

If I thought the club had the ambition and means to target someone like Slaven Bilic, I'd welcome Sam's departure. As it stands, we're stuck between a rock and a hard place.

His knowledge of that part of the world IE eastern Europe, would be of great use to a club like ours. Lots of good young players in that part of the world.

But they wouldn't even consider him, he's not British.

Just so you know, I beleive that Sam has seven fixtures to save his job - Bolton at home the crunch game. I think it's all too easy to call for his head while there are no better alternatives out there. I also think that the current situation is serious, but not desperate - we are still in 13th, afterall.

This is a great point and provides some perspective. I'm one of Sam's biggest critics especially of his tactical approach but we need to get some perspective. Not including the Villa game on Weds, we could pick up a couple of wins against Fulham and Wigan. That would obviously take us safely in the top half of the table and lets face it, thats not a bad position for us to be in given the fact that the board aren't prepared to invest anything more into the club. In the summer, we could look at our options and make a change should a good candidate want the job.

Saying that, I agree with all those completely disillusioned with recent events. Three poor performances and results against Fulham, Wigan and Villa and I think the board will sack him given the run of form we will have been on.

In the meantime, the only thing we can try and do is get behind the players and do everything we can at games to see our club turn the corner.

" You need to get to some games and find out what the paying punters think, it's a lot more hostile than any supposed "lynch mob" on this internet site. "

I'm a season ticket holder in the Blackburn End upper tier. I've been to every home game this season.

Archived