BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Enough Is Enough

ABBEY

Ollson should get a shot at left back. Yes he gave the ball away a couple of times, but hands up how many of our players can say they didn't do exactly the same last night?

Also doesn't Fulhams left winger have a bit of pace? We'll need Ollson's there to combat it.

Dont forget he was also against Ashley Young and he is one of the quickest/ best wingers in the league - I think he coped very well with him to be fair.

Spot the mistake Maj. A left back against Fulhams Left Winger??? :lol: Wont he be against the right winger?! :blush:

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm pretty sure Duff plays on the right for Fulham (if he's not injured).

Either way I agree Olsson should get an extended run in that position, his overlapping means Pedersen can cut inside and support the front players more, instead of trying to provide width and crosses, which he's useless at.

Okay, Olsson is the strongest defensively, but Givet has been awful recently and many goals have come from that left side, I actually think Olsson will be better simply because of his pace. Stick Givet in the centre ahead of Nelsen.

Chimbonda Samba Givet Olsson

Hoilett Emerton N'Zonzi Pedersen

Dunn Kalinic

I think I'd be happy with that against Fulham, Chimbonda and Olsson overlapping means the wide players can come in and support centrally.

From a financial point of view we just can't afford it. If he goes and we have to pay off him and all his staff, then there's the compensation for any new manager and his signing on fee's, all his backroom, its just too much. Even if we could muster up the money then there would be absolutely nothing left for transfers.

We're getting in a real, real mess. I fear a moderate collapse is looming.

Something quite interesting if you will regarding Sam's contract. He only has one year left after this season and the board haven't offered him a new deal yet. Am I the only one who finds that strange? Is JW such a BS fan after all? Should we really be looking this deep into it? and is Sam actually on the verge of leaving.....find out on Sunday at Ewood Park!

Hughes couldn't wait to get out the door, no chance of him coming back.

I did say best and not most likley.

I feel he is a proud man and what you say might be correct.

However, if I was him I would feel I had something to prove.

But as you say no chance... leave this desperate man to clutch at his straws. :)

The emphasis on "keeping it tight", "trying to compete", "giving ourselves a chance", "trying to nick a result" has left me positively fuming. Whynot, "we are going to attack the game" or "I'm feeling confident we can get a result" & "we need to show the opposition what we are all about"... Come on Sam, BIG THE PLAYERS UP!!!

Total loss of confidence throughout the team tonight, 4-5-1 at home in a must win cup semi final, DISGUSTNG!!! I have never seen such negativity from any team at our club in a cup semi. We played Arsenal at Cardiff a few years ago in the FA Semi's, we played 4-4-2 & got battered, but we gave it a go, with Dickov up top. I'd much rather that, than the bobbins I have endured this evening. Second half was ok, we hit the post twice but in the end Villa could and should have been very comfortable winners, because at 0-1 their tactics to counter worked excellently. They Invited us on to them & they knew we'd get around the box, play would break down & they would counter, and we don't concentrate enough when we defend in those situations, as Milners goal showed, he waltzed right through 4 or 5 players and slid the ball home, SHOCKING!!!

How does anyone think playing Niko Kalinic upfront on his own is a good idea, I think he had a good game, but he's no Santa Cruz, he needs a partner, someone to play with, look at Agbonlahor tonight (I hate him too, he looks like my daughters "Mr Potato Head"), he was allover the place streching our defence, and he always had support from Heskey, or his midfield, I bet Niko would kill to be playing like that, because, he'd be a damn sight more effective & it would loosen the pressure off him, having someone else to pass to, instead of having to do it all himself.

Sam Allardyce's tactics are too negative, his attitude is too negative and this is slowly turning the club against him & the players. No wonder half of them won't sign new deals, how many deals with existing players has Sam got signed since he's been here??? I don't think there has been any, and you can see why... our most exciting young prospect for many years is coming through (Hoilett) and he's not going to sign a new deal, I'd put money on Allardyce being one of the main reasons.

I don't want to admit it, but I think, although he saved us from relegation last year, he is slowly consigning us to a fate much worse, as he single handedly squeezes the final drops of life out of our club.

I AM GUTTED!!!

Danny, last nights performance reminded me of SA's last few games in charge at NUFC - they were right, he doent know what he is doing. Playing longball with one upfront against a very quick side is suicidal.

We set out to play exactly as Villa thought we would - talk about a one trick pony.

Show him the door - I would rather have no manager than a ###### one :angry2:

Dont forget he was also against Ashley Young and he is one of the quickest/ best wingers in the league - I think he coped very well with him to be fair.

Spot the mistake Maj. A left back against Fulhams Left Winger??? :lol: Wont he be against the right winger?! :blush:

Nah, I don't do mistakes! :lol: I was talking about the time when their left winger (it would seem none of us know who plays where at Fulham, FFan?) will swap sides and come across and then be up against Ollson. Sorry I didn't make that clear. ;)

Regarding Ollson, one thing is for sure MGP needs to be moved on. I seem to remember someone(Can't remember if it was Benni or Dunn) played a nice ball into the box for him to run on to late in the game. Pedersen just stood there and made no effort. I don't know if his football brain has gone or if he just couldn't be arsed, but he needs dropping. At least then we won't have to see his stupid throws. That's another issue I have with Sam. We've tried them since he took over and I think it's worked once. Another example of Sam not learning what does and doesn't work! It's like he gets amnesia everytime he leaves the ground after a game.

All this talk of compensation is rubbish, we WILL go down under Sam eventually. He isn't changing his tactics anytime soon. Has he given an indication that he can actually get the team playing well for 90 minutes? This has been going on for ages, his subs most matches prove this. It's like "I'll just try this defensive hoof ball one more time....######, we may as well pass it around and play with two strikers for 20 minutes..." EVERY SINGLE MATCH. He see's that passing and attacking works, but won't try it from the off. It's bizarre, totally bizarre. At least with Ince it was obvious to himself that it wasn't working, but he couldn't change it. Sam can get us playing ok but for sone reason reverts back to negative every match or can't get the players to perform for 90 minutes.

A new manager coming in would watch all the videos of our games and think "these players play better when playing attacking, passing football" BINGO!

Guest Kamy100

Those of you thinking that Sam is going to get sacked are going to be disappointed.

I was also convinced that he would sacked if performances were poor in the next 2 games, however learned a few things, can't say what or from whom as it could potentially get that person in trouble, but believe what I have been told and Sam will remain manager. That is not to say that his position hasn't been looked at by the powers that be, it has been looked at very seriously but in the end no change for the moment.

To be fair thats a good shout. Im telling you Olsson would improve massively if given much more game time.

He also always gives 100% which is something more than quite a few of our lads cant do!

Agreed. I'd be tempted to give him a run at left midfield though. Either way he should be in the side.

Those of you thinking that Sam is going to get sacked are going to be disappointed.

I was also convinced that he would sacked if performances were poor in the next 2 games, however learned a few things, can't say what or from whom as it could potentially get that person in trouble, but believe what I have been told and Sam will remain manager. That is not to say that his position hasn't been looked at by the powers that be, it has been looked at very seriously but in the end no change for the moment.

That's dissapointing if so purely because how much longer can this go on?

What if our first half performance is repeated throughout the match on Sunday and we lose? He'd HAVE to go. No win in 12, 9 in the league. If I was that sh!te at my job I'd have been shown the door a while ago.

But with a couple of more rubbish games and crowd turning against him will probably change that, right?

I can understand why, i can't see a viable alternative at the moment. I hope if they do decide to stick with Sam that we make some funds available, a creative player could turn our form around.

The problem for Sam and his backers on the board etc, is Ewood Park and its fortnightly-ish visitors (If you mean the fans then just say that you wordy twonk-Ed.) have a long history of getting their way with managers who they no longer want.

Anyone in the BBE last night will have noticed the resentment is growing, and if the results and performances continue in the same manner The fans (there is that better?) will have the final say. Fatty should be aware of this.

The problem for Sam and his backers on the board etc, is Ewood Park and its fortnightly-ish visitors (If you mean the fans then just say that you wordy twonk-Ed.) have a long history of getting their way with managers who they no longer want.

Anyone in the BBE last night will have noticed the resentment is growing, and if the results and performances continue in the same manner The fans (there is that better?) will have the final say. Fatty should be aware of this.

I was thinking about this. Last year against Liverpool was the game that Ince should have left. He got off quite lightly by the crowd that day as Liverpool brought a huge following which drowned our supporters out as they were easily winning the game. And then last night was fairly similar, plus the Second half probably let Sam off.

Sunday however is different. Fulham have one of the weakest followings in the league, so the stadium will literally be made up of Rovers fans. IF he goes with the same negative tactics and personnel and we play rubbish yet again then I'm sure the Rovers fans will be vocal at full time. I'm not sure what Kamy has heard but as you said Ozzie the fans will ultimately have the final say if this run goes on.

I pray for a win on Sunday for Rovers - not Sam.

If we lose against Fulham, what are the chances that there will be serious crowd discontent?

He'd have a hard enough job if he had a copy of "The A-Z of being a Manager".

with the crowd on his back, it will be downright impossible.

Archived