BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Enough Is Enough

ABBEY

" You need to get to some games and find out what the paying punters think, it's a lot more hostile than any supposed "lynch mob" on this internet site. "

I'm a season ticket holder in the Blackburn End upper tier. I've been to every home game this season.

Good old Tris!!!

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

" You need to get to some games and find out what the paying punters think, it's a lot more hostile than any supposed "lynch mob" on this internet site. "

I'm a season ticket holder in the Blackburn End upper tier. I've been to every home game this season.

have you been wearing earplugs then because I sit in the upper tier and I can hear the complaints from the lower loud and clear. we all want to be able to applaud our team and cheer them on, but they have to give us some help. They have to look like they care even if we know when we're not caught up in the emotion of a match that it's just a job to them. for the 2 hours or so I'm watching them play I wantt o be convinced that getting 3 points for Rovers is the most important thing in the world to them, even though awful things may be happening elsewhere.

have you been wearing earplugs then because I sit in the upper tier and I can hear the complaints from the lower loud and clear. we all want to be able to applaud our team and cheer them on, but they have to give us some help. They have to look like they care even if we know when we're not caught up in the emotion of a match that it's just a job to them.

This malaise in terms of seemingly not trying was also around in the later end of the Hughes days. I remember people then questioning the attitude of some players. Do we not think it comes down to some of the players simply not being too enough to play at the top level?

This can misconstrued as not trying, but it is more likely to be they don't have the quality to play and make an impact in the EPL. Bad example, but Andrews works as hard as he can I am sure, however I am don't think he has the ability to play and make a meaningful impact in the Premiership. Addtionally, watch closely when a team presses us when we have the ball, we find it nearly impossible to get any passing going before losing the ball. In order to play more attractive football on the floor, you need techinically better players.

This malaise in terms of seemingly not trying was also around in the later end of the Hughes days. I remember people then questioning the attitude of some players. Do we not think it comes down to some of the players simply not being too enough to play at the top level?

This can misconstrued as not trying, but it is more likely to be they don't have the quality to play and make an impact in the EPL. Bad example, but Andrews works as hard as he can I am sure, however I am don't think he has the ability to play and make a meaningful impact in the Premiership. Addtionally, watch closely when a team presses us when we have the ball, we find it nearly impossible to get any passing going before losing the ball. In order to play more attractive football on the floor, you need techinically better players.

There are some who are not good enough but there are others who we've seen are good enough but seem to have got lost in the general lack of confidence in the team. I agree sometimes , if you feel you're not good enough you give the impression of not caring - it happens with kids at school but part of a managers job is to persuade players that they are world beaters on a given day. Some managers can do it in certain circumstances such as cup games or why would you get upsets like us winning the Worthington cup or Leeds beating Man U. Our manager should have been able to do it for a one off home semi final against Villa. He couldn't. Nobody from start to finish except perhaps Kalinic looked like they really thought we could win it or like getting to Wembley mattered to them. It probably does - every player wants to play in finals and probably win things but that means putting in the greatest effort you have and it was obvious that some of our players were not prepared to chase lost causes on the off chance the ball just might break to them. There's an old saying "The harder I work, the luckier I get" Sometimes you have to make luck happen and I don't see our team in general doing that. Whose fault is it? Well, the buck, like it or not, stops with the manager.

Sometimes you have to make luck happen and I don't see our team in general doing that. Whose fault is it? Well, the buck, like it or not, stops with the manager.

On Monday night, on ESPN, they showed some clips of the chances we have been missing (they were plenty of them). Clearly from that, our recent poor form has something to do with the lack of quality within the squad. There is also an element of luck involved granted, but it also comes to down to the perosonnel at your disposal. After all, football managers can be a massive influence on the players, however with some of our duds, we may need Paul McKenna to come in and give us a hand!

The buck does stop with the manager, and sometimes unfairly so these days, fans turn on managers quicker than ever. However, when you have one of the smallest budgets in the EPL, it's going to be very difficult for whoever the manager is - and we need to take that into account.

The buck does stop with the manager, and sometimes unfairly so these days, fans turn on managers quicker than ever. However, when you have one of the smallest budgets in the EPL, it's going to be very difficult for whoever the manager is - and we need to take that into account.

epl? :rolleyes:

the buck stops with whoever tells them not to play footy and go out and dont give a toss about the fans and punters becaues they are thick and know nowt.

Bryan

You deserve Megson, you really do. (Not the rest of the Rovers fans on here, just you for that post.) ;)

Motivation? Tactics? Organisation? Transfers? Within three months you'd be hankering for the "good old days" under Sam. Believe me.

Only if we appoint Megson!

Seriously, there can't be many managers who could come in and make more of a bobbins of things. Tight finances notwithstanding. And signing a has-been for 40k a week doesn't help in that regard.

Bryan

You deserve Megson, you really do. (Not the rest of the Rovers fans on here, just you for that post.) ;)

Motivation? Tactics? Organisation? Transfers? Within three months you'd be hankering for the "good old days" under Sam. Believe me.

Come of it Zulu,Judging by your posts on 'The wanderer' your enjoying this as much as the next Bolton fan!!

;)

I know there's a lot of negativity on here and a lot of people are trying to spin the positive side by saying we are 13th but league positions are misleading right now, points are more important, right now were 2 points away from 12th and only 3 points away from 19th, not too mention everyone below us has at least one game in hand.

It's a very thin line at the moment and the new few league games are huge regardless of who is in charge.

This is a great point and provides some perspective. I'm one of Sam's biggest critics especially of his tactical approach but we need to get some perspective. Not including the Villa game on Weds, we could pick up a couple of wins against Fulham and Wigan. That would obviously take us safely in the top half of the table and lets face it, thats not a bad position for us to be in given the fact that the board aren't prepared to invest anything more into the club. In the summer, we could look at our options and make a change should a good candidate want the job.

That perspective is blurred. EVERY team below us and all but one above us has at least 1 game in hand. For the teams below us Bolton have three and Wigan have two games in hand. If they all win their games, we would be 17th. I know they are not likely to all win but they have points to be won and we have already blown them. Even the horrid Burnley have a game in hand, they are unlikely to beat Man U but we play on Sunday and they will still have a game in hand on us after that.

People are putting blinkers on in a bunker mentality.

We have not won a game in 13 matches. We have not won a game in 13 matches. We have not won a game in 13 matches.

Does this sound like a momentary blip? A dip in form?

The thing that makes it worse is that the manager does not seem to want to change his approach.

Mark my words, the table looks flattering to us right now. When the other teams play their games people will be squirming in their seats.

When was our last win when the manager was in the stand?

The commentator joked with Dunn after the Bolton game that we might not want Sam to come back. Dunn said he shouldn't come back. I remember at the time thinking he looked quite serious about it but I put it down to my imagination. Events since have made me think otherwise.

If somebody could find the post match interview wothh Dunn and Nelsen you can judge for yourself.

I've just been told by my best mate's uncle (admittedly an unrelaible source, although he DOES work in the press) that Keith Andrews had a physical altercation with Big Sam after the City game, and many others are aruing witin the squad. Furthermore, Hughes has been approached take over on a 6-month deal, with a view to a more permenant contract.

IF this is true, I'll be over the bloody moon. I can't see it myself; sounds too good to be true. But please God smile on our club for once!!!

I've just been told by my best mate's uncle (admittedly an unrelaible source, although he DOES work in the press) that Keith Andrews had a physical altercation with Big Sam after the City game, and many others are aruing witin the squad. Furthermore, Hughes has been approached take over on a 6-month deal, with a view to a more permenant contract.

IF this is true, I'll be over the bloody moon. I can't see it myself; sounds too good to be true. But please God smile on our club for once!!!

Why does Keith have to be the hero who punches Sam? He's probably the only man everyone on here dislikes more than BFS!

I'd love that, but I doubt it. But I think God owes our club one!

• Backroom

Although you do talk a lot of crap and the source is iffy at best I could actually believe this, the first part at least.

That pointing finger of andrews could do some damage

Mellison, God smiled on our club the day you started supporting us.

Mellison, God smiled on our club the day you started supporting us.

Will you ever reply without having a go at me? I'm passing on what I've been told and EVEN agreed that the source is dodgy. Nor have I stated what I believe will happen; just that I HOPE this happens. Some people need to lighten up on here.

Will you ever reply without having a go at me? I'm passing on what I've been told and EVEN agreed that the source is dodgy. Nor have I stated what I believe will happen; just that I HOPE this happens. Some people need to lighten up on here.

I'm sorry pet. I genuinely hope your breaking news is true.

It did seem a bit strange that Andrews was not in the squad at all. Consdidering he is usually involved.

If he really has hit Allardyce, we should name a stand after him. He's just doing what some on here want to do:

Hit Sam.

Tell the other players what to do while doing jack all himself!

Archived