BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Enough Is Enough

ABBEY

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was strange that Andrews wasn't even in the squad. I guess the plus point if that is true is that it will likely mean he will be sold, once the relationship breaks down between manager and player more often than not it can't be repaired.

I don't want Hughes back, disgraceful behaviour whilst he was manager at City plus as soon as another club shows even a small amount of interest he will be off like a shot. I think some people forget the crap football, @#/? first half better second half and poor tactical decisions/mistakes towards the end of Sparky's reign.

I've just been told by my best mate's uncle (admittedly an unrelaible source, although he DOES work in the press) that Keith Andrews had a physical altercation with Big Sam after the City game, and many others are aruing witin the squad. Furthermore, Hughes has been approached take over on a 6-month deal, with a view to a more permenant contract.

IF this is true, I'll be over the bloody moon. I can't see it myself; sounds too good to be true. But please God smile on our club for once!!!

You should have slapped your Best mate's Auntie's Uncle's Son's Cousin's Brother's Friend and lover in the mouth with a nice reality wedge of being lucid.

Why on earth would Hughes come back? Even for six months? Taking over a club largely in trouble in a variety of areas. Surely it would take a lot of money to convince him to risk a sacking and a relegation within eight months on his CV. For the people that have often questioned your intelligence, look in the mirror and say "Hughes is coming back!" If it seems to seem possible then congrats, you will never have to pay the Mensa registration fee.

It was strange that Andrews wasn't even in the squad. I guess the plus point if that is true is that it will likely mean he will be sold, once the relationship breaks down between manager and player more often than not it can't be repaired.

I don't want Hughes back, disgraceful behaviour whilst he was manager at City plus as soon as another club shows even a small amount of interest he will be off like a shot. I think some people forget the crap football, @#/? first half better second half and poor tactical decisions/mistakes towards the end of Sparky's reign.

In hughes's last 18 games at the club we only suffered 4 defeats! Oh yes, a really terrible second half. It was only our amazing start to the season that made the second half seem so bad. Also in those last 18 games we obviously had to play pretty much all of the big teams, so it wasn't so bad was it?

Again, I don't claim it to be breaking news. Just passing on what I've been told.

Fully understanding you have said it comes for a source, that you cannot say is reliable. but, I find this hard to believe - something would have come out publicly by now. It sounds more like wishful thinking. Yes we know there was a lock in - but you are talking about a player assaulting a manager. If there really is turmoil in the dressing room, somebody would have spilled the beans by now. The club could have used that as a reason to rip up Andrews contract etc.

In the build up to the Semi-final when Wendy interviewed Sam just before Kick Off she did mention Givet and Andrews not featuring, he explained about Givet and completely avoided any comment on Andrews, seemed strange at the time after he's played a lot recently to be 1. left out and 2. not explained why he was left out.

In hughes's last 18 games at the club we only suffered 4 defeats! Oh yes, a really terrible second half. It was only our amazing start to the season that made the second half seem so bad. Also in those last 18 games we obviously had to play pretty much all of the big teams, so it wasn't so bad was it?

Pretty sure i remember threads on this very forum grumbling about the performances towards the end of Hughes reign.

By second half i mean that we played poor during the first half of a match, second half we came out stronger. It was pretty much a week in week out feature towards the end of Sparky's reign.

Some fans may disagree but i thought Hughes had lost the plot somewhat and looked disinterested long before he left.

Ignoring the viewpoint about poor football and tactical issues would you be happy to have Hughes back after his demeanour when Newcastle showed an interest, plus his behaviour as City manager?

Whatever it is, he was sporting it at least a week before the Citeh game.

Maybe Andrews hit him so hard it showed a week in the past. ;)

I don’t think Andrews is wide enough to hit a man back from surgery.

Maybe he was just trying to "point" something out to him and got a bit excited.

I can believe that there is discontent in the dressing room though, and as for the Hughes link... funnier things have happened at Rovers. Take Andrews playing regularly for example.

Just goes to show how desperate everyone is to hear what they want to hear. Do people really believe that absolute pile of crap?

I have to say that's my reaction as well.

"My best friends wife's cousin's aunty's brother says (Insert what everyone wants to hear)"

Hypothetically I could believe the manager had had a physical altercation with a player. I bet that happens a lot more than we imagine. (Not at Rovers in general)

Don't believe the Hughes part at all.

Come of it Zulu,Judging by your posts on 'The wanderer' your enjoying this as much as the next Bolton fan!!

;)

Come off it yourself! ;)

There's not much wrong in what I posted there. I'm a Bolton fan. Of course there is a certain amount of enjoyment to be had in watching a rival thrashing around and agonising over its manager. I've never gone so far as to say I "hate" Blackburn Rovers (I don't) while some have stated on here that they hate Bolton Wanderers. I haven't posted anything about Blackburn Rovers along the lines of "God, I hope they get relegated" as I recall you did about us recently.

For the record as long as we stay up I don't give a shiny @#/? about which three teams finish in the bottom three slots. I would be delighted if the bottom three spots were filled by Portsmouth, West Ham and Wolves - but any three will do!

I'm guessing that's how you view the situation from Blackburn Rovers' viewpoint.

I gotta agree with Zulu,

I don`t care who gets relegated, as long as it`s not Rovers.

A premiership with Utd,City,Liverpool,Everton,Bolton,Wigan & Rovers in, has got to be good for the north west & local rivalry.

.....Bumley can go into liquidation as far as i`m concerned, but the rivalry has been good this year i gotta admit ;)

Let some of the southern teams drop out the prem. Pompey & West Ham etc.....

Zulu, I'm intrigued to know what you make of the current situation with Sam at Rovers. You've probably got a good idea of the feelings of the Rovers fans, but just so you know, there was wide-spread booing of the team at half time and full time on Thursday - something of a rarity at Ewood.

My general view of Sam's spell at Bolton was that the football wasn't pretty viewing but, because of it's success (especially bearing in mind the fact that he'd only just got you promoted) and the manner in which the team battled against the top four, the fans were more than happy for it to be employed. Am I right to think that the fans would have become disgruntled were results to take a turn for the worse?

Was the football as negative as is being described around here (in particular, 4-5-1 at home in a cup semi final), flair players left out of the side, line-ups changed week-in, week-out, a succession of expensive flops?

Do you think Sam might have lost his passion for the game? Oh, and was he as supremely arrogant as he is now?

Just so you know, I beleive that Sam has seven fixtures to save his job - Bolton at home the crunch game. I think it's all too easy to call for his head while there are no better alternatives out there. I also think that the current situation is serious, but not desperate - we are still in 13th, afterall.

Well, my views have changed as I read this forum over the last week. We all worshipped him at Bolton , certainly for the first six years of his tenure. Someone on here said recently that he put together a squad of players at Bolton who would run through brick walls for him, and that was spot on. He mixed up route one football with some seriously classy spells of football. Most of that went unnoticed by the media, as it didn't suit their agenda. Djorkaeff, Okocha, Campo, Hierro and others all thrived under him - and it was good to watch.

But... Allardyce always cared first, second and last for Sam Allardyce. Some would see that as arrogance. For every excellent budget signing he pulled off there would be three failures - but that's no different to any other manager. The cracks in his relationship with the supporters were being to show before he went for the England job and his subsequent move to Newcastle. He started to do the things you list in your post.

I understand that he had planned to be retiring from the game around the age of 55. He was 55 last September. I think he looks tired, particularly since his recent health scare. He's lost some of the fans at Blackburn, but he could still turn that around.

I did not like the manner in which he left us. I can understand the anger of Burnley fans. I have no sympathy though. That's football.

I reckon, if you stick with him, he'll keep you up. I don't see who you will replace him with who will do a better job. Your list of potential replacements is similar to ours (before Coyle came up on the rails) and it isn't inspiring.

Andrews having a physical altercation with Sam ? Dont make me truckin laugh.

Andrews couldnt hit a barn door with a banjo, even with a free hit.

I would imagine that Sam has maybe realised that despite some peoples views that Andrews just cannot play football at this standard and couldnt think of anything viable to say about him not being in the squad, the words are not available to describe his non permormances maybe !

I can imagine the likes of Samba and Nelsen maybe having a word in open court that would be more accurate I would say.

As for the Hughes connection, I would love it but as the City harem has Hughes and co on gardening leave I cannot imagine them getting their hands dirty for Rovers YET becasue as it stands I dont see the top job at Liverpool coming for them when the fat spanish waiter gets his cards. What other club is available for Hughes to ply his trade at other than going abroad ?

Rovers would have to change the financial structure at the club to entice him back that is certain.

I reckon, if you stick with him, he'll keep you up. I don't see who you will replace him with who will do a better job. Your list of potential replacements is similar to ours (before Coyle came up on the rails) and it isn't inspiring.

Are you looking at that completely objectively Zulu or on the basis we're one of your fellow strugglers?

I'd have advised your lot to stick with Megson as well!

;)

Are you looking at that completely objectively Zulu or on the basis we're one of your fellow strugglers?

I'd have advised your lot to stick with Megson as well!

;)

LOL! No I am genuinely trying to be objective with that one.

Some fans may disagree but i thought Hughes had lost the plot somewhat and looked disinterested long before he left.

Indeed.

His demeanour was foul and his anger plain for all in the JW stand to see. And is it any wonder? He played a straight bat in asking to be allowed to see what NUFC were offering and then after that in Jan 08 the board allowed the roof to come in....

1. Getting rid of Sav to make room on the wage bill.

2. being denied any money by JW for signing new players. (Diarra / Huddleston)

3. Bentley refusing to sign his improved contract.

Hammer blows. And likely all connected. I'd said as early as March that it would be Hughes's last season. The finest example of 'killing the goose that laid golden eggs' that one could ever see. Myopic management.

Hughes worked miracles considering the financial restraints.

The Board / Trust obviously think any manager they subsequently employ should be able to do the same.

Doesn't work that way.

While it is true that we should have given Hughes more financial backing during his tenure, it is naive to think that he would have remained at the club much longer than he did. Unless we suddenly became cash rich, he was always going to leave for a bigger club when the opportunity arose.

£5m for Diarra and £5m for Huddlestone is great, but £25m for Tevez and £20m for Adebayor is better.

While it is true that we should have given Hughes more financial backing during his tenure, it is naive to think that he would have remained at the club much longer than he did. Unless we suddenly became cash rich, he was always going to leave for a bigger club when the opportunity arose.

£5m for Diarra and £5m for Huddlestone is great, but £25m for Tevez and £20m for Adebayor is better.

We'd still have been able to make obscene profits from them though, whether Hughes had ambled along later or not. Hughes earned the right to spend more money, he had already demonstrated he knew how to make an investment.

When everyone is talking about cashing in on players like Huddlestone and Diarra are they even considering how much wage we would have to pay?

I would think by giving out these wages we would simply be killing our club nice and slowly. It is partly Hughe's fault that our wage budget is as stretched as it is.

Archived