BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Enough Is Enough

ABBEY

Those of you thinking that Sam is going to get sacked are going to be disappointed.

I was also convinced that he would sacked if performances were poor in the next 2 games, however learned a few things, can't say what or from whom as it could potentially get that person in trouble, but believe what I have been told and Sam will remain manager. That is not to say that his position hasn't been looked at by the powers that be, it has been looked at very seriously but in the end no change for the moment.

Very Sad if true. But I just don't understand why? Surely the attendance for Thursday must have hit home just how poor the situation is and that some sort of action is needed. Tickets at £15.00, probably a modern record for lowest price of a semi, and yet so few turned up. JW's fooling himself if he thinks the weather/something else played a part. Nothing will change on the pitch unless something else does, you can't just ignore the problem. If the boards choice is no choice then I'm really beginning to wonder about them as some of theirs decisions over the last couple of years have been awful.

Surely they need to do something even if its not sacking?

I can understand why, i can't see a viable alternative at the moment. I hope if they do decide to stick with Sam that we make some funds available, a creative player could turn our form around.

I just don't have faith in the mans judgement. I also doubt that even if JW gave him money and said you must buy a central midfielder, Sam would come back with a right back and some tripe about how he's exactly what we need. I think he's like a little kid in a sweetie shop when it comes to signing players. For all those on here who constantly go on about his signings at Bolton, few have mentioned his ones at Newcastle which where at the other end of the spectrum. He's far too hit and miss in this department for me.

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Sam was to leave, I'd love us to go for Bilic. He's in the Mark Hughes mould, but with more 100% more charisma. He'd also be the best equipped at getting our money's worth out of Kalinic. He wants to manage in the PL, and was interested in the Portsmouth job (although that was during the hype of their takeover :unsure: ), so whether we could tempt him here would be a big ask.

If Sam was to leave, I'd love us to go for Bilic. He's in the Mark Hughes mould, but with more 100% more charisma. He'd also be the best equipped at getting our money's worth out of Kalinic. He wants to manage in the PL, and was interested in the Portsmouth job (although that was during the hype of their takeover :unsure: ), so whether we could tempt him here would be a big ask.

Do you really see our board getting in a foreigner?

Hughes couldn't wait to get out the door, no chance of him coming back.

Two reasons why Hughes left.

1 He realised he couldn't take Rovers further - he said as much. Not getting into Europe on the last day nailed it for him.

THEN

2 A huge offer came with a huge opportunity to build a team with unlimited funds. Hughes did NOT fail at Man City. But Man City failed Mark Hughes.

For Hughes to come back, would not be a climb down for him. But he would be coming to a team that has forgotton how to play football. A team that is on it backside. I really hope that Mark Hughes comes back to Rovers and the club try to get another loan off the Trustees to support him.

It would be nice if it could be done before the next cup game with Villa. Rovers still have a chance with 1 0 down, slim but a chance still. If they do get to wembley and face Man City in the final (hughes as Rovers manager) Would Hughes not like to prove the man City powers that be that they were wrong to get rid of him. Rovers win the carling cup they go into Europe.

Bring back mark Hughes before next week.

Well, we brought in Hughes, Souness and Dalglish

Foreigners indeed. I'd say by that reckoning we shouldn't appoint and Englishman then. :P

I can only assume that they think Sam is the best we can get.

Absolute rubbish. (if thats what they think, not your post Bryan)

We're so worried about money we're letting it influence the footballing decisions. No wins in how long? no goals, chances at a premium, we play and defend like strangers, players lack faith in the manager, fans lack faith in the manager, fans are voting with their feet.

If we do play poorly again, regardless of the result (IMO) and nothing happens then I will be thinking only one thing.

It smacks of weak leadership.

If the right footballing choice is to sack him then he must go, we'll just have to find a way to deal with the other issues. If we let off pitch things like money effect on pitch decisions then inevitably we will go down at some stage.

We have several high earners out of contract at the end of the year, take the money from there next year. For now we'll just have to go begging to the bank for another over draft extension.

Having a man in charge who would bring the club back together IE players, fans etc, optimism and hope need to return to Ewood, regardless of cost.

Two reasons why Hughes left.

1 He realised he couldn't take Rovers further - he said as much. Not getting into Europe on the last day nailed it for him.

THEN

2 A huge offer came with a huge opportunity to build a team with unlimited funds. Hughes did NOT fail at Man City. But Man City failed Mark Hughes.

For Hughes to come back, would not be a climb down for him. But he would be coming to a team that has forgotton how to play football. A team that is on it backside. I really hope that Mark Hughes comes back to Rovers and the club try to get another loan off the Trustees to support him.

It would be nice if it could be done before the next cup game with Villa. Rovers still have a chance with 1 0 down, slim but a chance still. If they do get to wembley and face Man City in the final (hughes as Rovers manager) Would Hughes not like to prove the man City powers that be that they were wrong to get rid of him. Rovers win the carling cup they go into Europe.

Bring back mark Hughes before next week.

There is absolutely no chance that Hughes would come back to Rovers.

The job of managing Rovers is a very tough one and Hughes will think, quite rightly in my opinion, that he is deserving of something better.

I'm as frustrated as anyone but the anti-Allardyce brigade need to consider that we have been in decline for some time. This isn't anyone's fault, not the board's nor the manager's. It's very depressing but unfortunately we don't have the cash to compete at the top end.

On the strength of the squad we shouldn't be finishing any higher than 12th of 13th. Given the lack of finance that alone would be an achievement.

On the pitch Rovers' biggest problem is in midfield and has been for years. I blogged on this for Setanta several times last season. Nzonzi has been a great signing for the money but for him to be a mainstay of a Premier League side speaks volumes.

The frustrating thing for me is how little the midfield is encouraged or able to support the frontmen.

It's no use employing a defensive midfield as we simply don't have the players to create something out of nothing. We need to start playing much further up the field. It happens too often that we launch balls from our own half.

The biggest positive to come out of last night was the performance of Kalinic. He showed he could play the lone striker role by himself. It would be nice if we could partner him with someone but if Allardyce persists with just one up top then we have to find the right midfield. Of the players we possess the best combination is Pedersen, Emerton and Hoilett with Grella just behind and Dunn just ahead.

• Backroom

Yes - 100%

JW & Sam have clashed many times...... :blink:

Doesn't get any more official than that folks

I suggested Bilic a few days ago, more of a pipe dream than anything. Now isn't the time for risks so it will be a safe pair of hands ie Curcishley or similar.

In an ideal world Sam gets us playing a bit and see's us through the season safely then decides to call it a day then we have a bit more time and stability to offer a new manager.

If we lose against Fulham, what are the chances that there will be serious crowd discontent?

He'd have a hard enough job if he had a copy of "The A-Z of being a Manager".

with the crowd on his back, it will be downright impossible.

If he sets up the team to play the first half like he has been, i.e. to defend and boot it randomly up field then that is enough for me and the crowd should turn on him, he'll change it 2nd half like he always does. If he hasn't learnt that starting with useless tactics is wrong by now he is guilty of complete incompetence and is not fit for the job. I honest think he had brain surgery rather than heart surgery, he has lost his marbles.

He wouldn't read a book on management, in his own head he is great and his tactics are superior to anyone elses. Remember how he tells everyone he should have been England manager? Imagine he uses these tactics in a world cup?! 3-0 down to Brazil at half time because he is playing defensive football, with Gary Neville on the left wing and Rooney on the bench!

Unfortunately, I can only think of 3 managers with PL experience who are unattached now. Hughes( would not come back), Megson (who no one wants to come ever), or Curbishly- whose been out of the game for a while now.

Losing Sam would be tough because I'd imagine he has great contacts with Agents and a good scouting network, but I'd imagine almost anyone would be able to motivate the players better and get them playing the right way to get results.

Absolute rubbish. (if thats what they think, not your post Bryan)

We're so worried about money we're letting it influence the footballing decisions. No wins in how long? no goals, chances at a premium, we play and defend like strangers, players lack faith in the manager, fans lack faith in the manager (rumour only!), fans are voting with their feet (Carling cup?!).

If we do play poorly again, regardless of the result (IMO) and nothing happens then I will be thinking only one thing.

It smacks of weak leadership.

If the right footballing choice is to sack him then he must go, we'll just have to find a way to deal with the other issues. If we let off pitch things like money effect on pitch decisions then inevitably we will go down at some stage.

We have several high earners out of contract at the end of the year, take the money from there next year. For now we'll just have to go begging to the bank for another over draft extension.

Having a man in charge who would bring the club back together IE players, fans etc, optimism and hope need to return to Ewood, regardless of cost.

OF COURSE MONEY EFFECTS US ON THE PITCH - FFS!! MONEY EFFECTS A LITTLE CLUB LIKE OURS FROM THE TOP TO BLOODY BOTTOM AND WE...HAVENT...GOT..ANY...CASH!!!!

If Sam was sacked tomorrow we would go down - absolutely guaranteed.

Why cant people understand this. Sam isnt going anywhere, not unless he retires so we will all just have to be grown up, get behind the team and live with it.

Unfortunately, I can only think of 3 managers with PL experience who are unattached now. Hughes( would not come back), Megson (who no one wants to come ever), or Curbishly- whose been out of the game for a while now.

Losing Sam would be tough because I'd imagine he has great contacts with Agents and a good scouting network, but I'd imagine almost anyone would be able to motivate the players better and get them playing the right way to get results.

How about (and I know a lot would disagree) Steve Coppell? I can only think he is the best option if we do sack Sam as his free and has something to prove (and cheap)

If Sam was sacked tomorrow we would go down - absolutely guaranteed.

I refuse to believe this, a fresh approach can turn a teams fortunes. Some managers have their tactics figured out by other teams and are too stubborn to change (4-5-1 anyone?). We were in this position with Ince and Souness in his last season, both times a management change got us out of trouble (albeit souness was a forced change).

If I went into work and screwed up every day and didn't meet expectations I'd be out, it should be the same in football.

Are you seriously telling me that whoever replaced allardyce would actually do worse thna he's doing at the moment?

Which areas would Allardyce be better in that any possible replacement then? Motivation? Tactics? Organisation? Transfers?

I'm intrigued.

Maybe not worse but i am struggling to think of a manager who can do better. People need to face up to the fact that we have a really poor squad, 3 or 4 decent enough players but the rest are not good enough or peaked years ago.

If Sam goes then there goes whatever money we had in January, meaning that the next manager will have to use this current squad which is rubbish.

I think what we are seeing is many years worth of bad decisions, decline and a lack of investment all coming together and putting us in a really bad position. You just get the feeling that we are now a relegation battling side and will be for some time.

Maybe not worse but i am struggling to think of a manager who can do better. People need to face up to the fact that we have a really poor squad, 3 or 4 decent enough players but the rest are not good enough or peaked years ago.

If Sam goes then there goes whatever money we had in January, meaning that the next manager will have to use this current squad which is rubbish.

I think what we are seeing is years worth of bad decisions, decline and a lack of investment all coming together and putting us in a really bad position. You just get the feeling that we are now a relegation battling side and will be for some time.

Our squad is not the greatest but if we can find someone who can actually teach our defenders to mark payers and cover their runs (see Milners goal last night) and also teach our players to actually close players down instead of stand off we might be ok. Plus we need someone with some tactical knowledge (note: not hoof it in the box from a set piece and hope for the best).

I think what we are seeing is years worth of bad decisions, decline and a lack of investment all coming together and putting us in a really bad position. You just get the feeling that we are now a relegation battling side and will be for some time.

I don't think our squad is that poor though. Maybe on current form they are but Samba, Givet, Robbo, Dunn, Emerton are all decent players who should we go down would have no problems finding another premiership club. You can add in the likes of Pedersen, Nelsen, Benni, Chimbonda,who may not be the greatest but someone with good man management skills could certainly get more out of them in my opinion. They would also more than likely get moves to other premiership clubs if we went down. Add in some of the promising young talent like Kalinic, Di Santo, Hoilett, Olsson and the squad really isn't that bad, they are just playing really badly. Even the likes of Jacobsen, Salgado, Diouf, Reid can do a job and are a step up from the majority of players you'll find in the championship. Not one player is playing to his potential right now, that is the main problem and the reason for that has to lie with the manager, fair or not.

We certainly lack quality in the middle of the park but that's nothing new and should have been addressed before now, if you compare our squads to the likes of Bolton, Burnley, Portsmouth, West Ham, Hull, Wolves or even the likes of Birmingham and Stoke, who are a little higher up the table, I don't see that there players are particulary better than ours. They just have managers who picks a team and tactics to the teams strengths and not the other way around. Sure a few of those teams have players that would get in our side but I bet if you compared the entire squads player for player there wouldn't be a great deal of difference in terms of talent.

Paul Jewell as well. Technically Alan Shearer I suppose. Keegan :lol: Southgate, Souness, etc.

Loads around just finding one that the fans like and that would do a job. Only one I would even interview from that lot is Jewell and I'm not his biggest fan. From YOurs obviously Hughes and also Curbs, but again not a big fan.

Archived