BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Enough Is Enough

ABBEY

When everyone is talking about cashing in on players like Huddlestone and Diarra are they even considering how much wage we would have to pay?

I would think by giving out these wages we would simply be killing our club nice and slowly. It is partly Hughe's fault that our wage budget is as stretched as it is.

Bit harsh that. More fair might be to say that Hughes managed a team with the wages of a top 6 side. At some point the club reached tipping point and had to cut back. Doubtless this was missing out on Europe against Birmingham.

In fact, over the last couple of seasons the final game of the season has cost us dearly. Let's hope that doesn't happen again this season...

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

as posted in "Nicko" thread:

My Brother is a long time sports journo with his own Press Agency(I will not say which). I spoke with him yesterday (a rare event, as we do not get on too well)and he tells me that BFS has 2 games left, Fulham and Villa, to turn this around.

The Board are v worried abouut his loss of passion, it may have something to do with his recent illness and a different view on life.

While it is true that we should have given Hughes more financial backing during his tenure, it is naive to think that he would have remained at the club much longer than he did. Unless we suddenly became cash rich, he was always going to leave for a bigger club when the opportunity arose.

£5m for Diarra and £5m for Huddlestone is great, but £25m for Tevez and £20m for Adebayor is better.

The gist of your point is entirely valid but remember that Hughes completely chanced upon that level of buying power as it wasn't on offer when he went to City.

I read that Sullivan and his partner are supposed to take over West Ham in a couple days and they want to get rid of manager Zola.

Would people consider the idea of bringing Zola to Ewood Park instead of Sam?

Absolutely - at least we might see the ball on the floor other than when Robinson takes a goal kick. ;)

I would even consider putting McDonald in charge - for me it's no coincidence that our two best performances have been with him at the helm (Bolton and Chelsea). I think all the talk coming out of the club saying it was "business as usual" and "Sam's picking the team/tactics" were just talk. His doctor would have told him in no uncertain terms to NOT be involved in any way due to the potential health risks.

ABA - Anything But Allardyce! :D

I'm still behind Allardyce, don't see that changing the manager will help us, not at the moment anyway, perhaps in the summer. If we win today we go 11th and put a bit of daylight between ourselves and the bottom 3, what then? Do these people who want rid actually believe we had any right or expectation to be in the top half or higher? A serious reality check is needed for some.

With no funds, who in their right mind would want to be a manager here. Hughes became frustrated, because he signed some good players at bargain prices, and then the club failed to back him on a consistent basis in the transfer market. Hughes bought cheap, and sold at huge profits. In turn the club gave him a few pennies to find more cheap players.

I'm still behind Allardyce, don't see that changing the manager will help us, not at the moment anyway, perhaps in the summer. If we win today we go 11th and put a bit of daylight between ourselves and the bottom 3, what then? Do these people who want rid actually believe we had any right or expectation to be in the top half or higher? A serious reality check is needed for some.

Then you are in the minority. If BFS remains in charge, we will go down - it's that simple. Everything around the club, the fans, the players, the performances feels exactly like when Kidd took us down.

Our players are easily the equal of Fulham or Birmingham yet our manager is unable to get the best from them, either motivationally or tactically. On that basis, yes we should be comfortably mid-table.

I hope I'm proved wrong, but we will no doubt play 4-5-1 today, lose with a whimper apart from the usual 15-20 min spell in the second half, and if we lose Sam should be relieved of his duties immediately - for the future of the club.

Disagree with you, i don't think we'll go down with Allardyce, I would agree that he's not a long term solution, he was given the job in an emergency situation.

If the players are on a par with the likes of Fulham, a team who finished 7th last year why, under Ince (almost the same set of players) were we in a much worse position last year in comparison to them? You can't blame that on Allardyce. Furthermore, if we beat Fulham this afternoon we'll only be 3 points behind Fulham.

We've had a shocking run and still in touching distance of this illusive 'mid-table' position, everyteam has a bad spell and the fact we've gone 9 games without a win and aren't right at the bottom of the league says something about how far we have come since last season.

Then you are in the minority. If BFS remains in charge, we will go down - it's that simple. Everything around the club, the fans, the players, the performances feels exactly like when Kidd took us down.

Our players are easily the equal of Fulham or Birmingham yet our manager is unable to get the best from them, either motivationally or tactically. On that basis, yes we should be comfortably mid-table.

I hope I'm proved wrong, but we will no doubt play 4-5-1 today, lose with a whimper apart from the usual 15-20 min spell in the second half, and if we lose Sam should be relieved of his duties immediately - for the future of the club.

Fail.

Fail.

Thanks for that entirely pointless post.

I was proved wrong today - but one swallow doesn't make a summer.

Let's enjoy today, and hope BFS has seen the light. Negative tactics, omitting your best players, and being arrogant to the point of failure are only taking us down. Credit to him for making changes and being far more positive today - no doubt both got us a result that 4-5-1 dour negativity would not have.

We can move forward with cautious optimism but I still do not think BFS is the man long term.

A possible solution to the whole scenario would be for the board to persuade Sam to retire at the end of the season on health grounds.

That way, the fans know there won't be a another season of hoofball - so more optimism for next year.

Everyone can stop bickering and focus on supporting the team to safety.

it is amazing how 1 result can change the opinions of so many people! before todays game the number of people saying keep allardyce were few and far between now suddenly 1 good performance and a win and now people saying still sack allardyce are few and far between! just shows what the world of football has come too.

it is amazing how 1 result can change the opinions of so many people! before todays game the number of people saying keep allardyce were few and far between now suddenly 1 good performance and a win and now people saying still sack allardyce are few and far between! just shows what the world of football has come too.

While I'm sure there are a few, I still want him out. One slowflake doesn't make a blizard. He will keep us up if he stays with steady performances like today's. But get rid in the summer. We should be drawing up a shortlist of suitors for the job. BUT (should this happen) I will wish Sam well for the future with no hard-feelings. I think he's just lost the passion for the game and wants more focus on his family life after the heart-scare. Although he did jump once or twice today.

Today is one step in the right direction and people will start to change their minds a little and have every right to do so because today was different from what we've seen for a while. The performance still wasn't great but the big changes are that Sam showed the willingness to change by going 4-4-2 and including Kalinic which is what we've been crying out for.

I think as CrazyIvan said, the biggest difference for me today is that the majority of the players gave a fair bit of effort and looked like they were playing for him, that had been my biggest concern in recent games.

As mellison said, one game doesn't change everything and I still believe we should look at other candidates but if there is nothing better in the meantime and Sam continues to show less resistance to change (In the right areas like being positive, not a different eleven each week!) over the rest of the season and can improve our away form then I might not mind him sticking around a bit longer.

I'm not an idiot and after today's result it's pretty clear he won't be going anywhere in the short term so I'll certainly get behind him and the team over the coming months. It's a lot easier to play positive football once you pick up a few wins and move away from relegation so maybe Sam will start to incorporate that. I think our away form will be the difference in him keeping his job or not over the rest of the season.

We won't go down, the rest are too poor, we hadn't won in 9 league games was it? Yet we still moved up the table to 12th today and 5 points clear of relegation, just shows how poor some of the other sides are this year.

cracks been papered over today .happy ,no ecstatic with 3 points but why just boot the ball from robbo,surley at least mix it with rolling it out once in a while?

To throw the ball out, the keeper must have options and we dont give him any, niether full backs nor a midfielder dropping off doesnt give him those options, watched Robbo twice today look for those options, there were none!!

cracks been papered over today .happy ,no ecstatic with 3 points but why just boot the ball from robbo,surley at least mix it with rolling it out once in a while?

I couldn`t work that out either,especially booting it up to a defence that contained the tallest player on the pitch! We spend half the game trying to gain posession then when Robbo gets the ball and boots it up the pitch we risk losing it.....madness in my opinion :unsure:

To throw the ball out, the keeper must have options and we dont give him any, niether full backs nor a midfielder dropping off doesnt give him those options, watched Robbo twice today look for those options, there were none!!

doh ...because their told to play ring a ring a roses in the middle...eg. free kick chim moved wide and mcd told him to go in the middle.

I'm still not 100% convinced with BFS, I could see this being out "1 win in 5" a few weeks down the line. We were lucky Fulham had very little attacking quality today, things could have been different today but I have to say Robbo and our defence (in an attacking capacity) won it for us. We need to improve wednesday... a lot!

doh ...because their told to play ring a ring a roses in the middle...eg. free kick chim moved wide and mcd told him to go in the middle.

Exactly. The natural movement that a full-back will make is to get out onto the touchline and give the keeper an option to throw it out to them. Chim/Jacobsen/Givet/anyone else playing full-back NOT doing this and just pushing up means it must be a specific instruction from the boss.

Exactly. The natural movement that a full-back will make is to get out onto the touchline and give the keeper an option to throw it out to them. Chim/Jacobsen/Givet/anyone else playing full-back NOT doing this and just pushing up means it must be a specific instruction from the boss.

Exactly, so Robbo doesnt have the option, that was my point!!

We dont play many diagonal balls either, these open teams up as it switches play, watched Fulham do it a number of times and we struggled to close them!!

Exactly, so Robbo doesnt have the option, that was my point!!

We dont play many diagonal balls either, these open teams up as it switches play, watched Fulham do it a number of times and we struggled to close them!!

Which is why:

1. We look better when Grella plays he tries this.

2. We desperatly need a passer over a ball winner so we can do this far more.

Archived