BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] West Ham Vs Rovers

BPF

ludek-miklosko.jpgwhu_logo.jpg

The year was 1995 and every Rovers fan in the world looked upon the above two images with nothing but gratitude and respect. A valiant last day effort from West Ham United and in particular Ludek Miklosko had ensured that Blackburn Rovers had secured the Premier League title. I remember being sat in the Blackburn end for the celebration and listening to 'I'm forever blowing bubbles.'

Ever since that day I have found myself with a silent and mostly hidden soft spot for the Hammers. They ensured that I experienced something special and something very unlikely to ever repeat (in my lifetime.)

That was then...

There is no doubt that Upton Park has become cursed turf for us. I know a number of Rovers fans write it off as an instant loss. Could it be that a mythical force, a red shirt wearing God of some sort did not want us to win the Premiership in 1995 and decides to punish us each season, without fail.

Every season I now want us to destroy West Ham at Upton Park. All sentiment and past memories go out of the window and only picking up three points matters.

Of course, there is an added element of fire to this match. The owner of the wallet that has kept McDonalds out of the recession, Benni McCarthy is on the verge of signing for the 'appy 'ammers. Few Rovers fans will shed too many tears over the transfer but the childish behaviour of the (former) fan favourite is likely to add an extra spice to an already tasty tie.

Last 6 results:

West Ham United

Portsmouth - West Ham 1 - 1

Aston Villa - West Ham 0 - 0

West Ham - Arsenal 1 - 2

Tottenham - West Ham 2 - 0

West Ham - Portsmouth 2 - 0

West Ham - Chelsea 1 - 1

Blackburn Rovers

2 - 1 Blackburn - Wigan

6 - 4 Aston Villa - Blackburn

2 - 0 Blackburn - Fulham

0 - 1 Blackburn - Aston Villa

4 - 1 Man City - Blackburn

3 - 1 Aston Villa - Blackburn

Looking at the last six matches, you can see something extremely rare. So rare in fact that it could be compared to the birth of a Panda. Of course, the rarity is that Blackburn Rovers have won two Premier League games in a row. Fickle or not, there is a new hope surging through the team. There appears to be both a belief from the fans and the players. Kalinic is looking to be a fantastic find and there is every possibility that he could fire us into a top half finish.

The number one priority is still survival and a game like this has to be considered a six pointer. The difference between a win and a loss could affect the rest of the season dramatically. Three wins in the row would have us all looking to the sky with dreams of ninth and eighth. A loss and with many teams possessing games in hand, could have us looking over our shoulder worriedly once again.

I feel confident at this point and excited about seeing our new signings and those to come...

0 - 2 Rovers

Kalinic (2)

Sorry this took so long, with Immigration and teaching and everything my head is about to explode

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would like to see the last 6 league results - the cup games give a false impression of league form, especially when we've played the same club three times out of six without a league game against them. Well we never get anything at Upton Park and, on the evidence of our away performances under Sam, I don't see us getting anything this weekend either.

Hang in there, BPF.

I, too, am having a deeply stressed time at the moment.

Therefore, dear Rovers Players, please do not heed the words of thy master if he implorest upon thou that this contest does not matter.

It jolly well does.

Get into 'em.

And win.

Please.

Hang in there, BPF.

I, too, am having a deeply stressed time at the moment.

Therefore, dear Rovers Players, please do not heed the words of thy master if he implorest upon thou that this contest does not matter.

It jolly well does.

Get into 'em.

And win.

Please.

Thanks Roversmum, much appreciated.

For those who are looking for a sharpener before the game, my West Ham mate sends this suggestion.

Hi Chris, my favourite is Black Lion on Plaistow High Street, fantastic beer and atmosphere. Come out of Plaistow Station, cross over at pedestrian lights, and turn right and it is a 10min walk to the pub on the main road. It is then 10 min walk to the ground opposite main entrance where your mates tickets are. You go past the Lord Stanley (decked out in claret and blue) which is ok, but no real beer. See you Saturday. Pete

Some of the pubs mentioned in the other thread - eg the Green Man - have shut so be careful.

First time in decades I am missing this one as a result of my emigration. Gutted. Whoever is going..please.....have one for me.

Would take a point right now if it was offer and would be ecstatic with a win. We just don't win at West Ham, even when they have been fighting relegation and off the pitch issues in recent years we just can't seem to beat them at their place.

Predicting a 1-1 draw and would be pretty happy with that.

Il go with what you say too.

A draw would be very good

A win would be fantastic......lets hope we can break the hoodoo!

Have to side with the majority on this one, a draw would be a good result here. I hate this whole "bogey team" thing, I've no idea how it perpetuates when players and managers have moved on. But a point would do us ok with only Stoke able to overtake us after the weekend's results.

If McCarthy's moved is delayed it will be a big plus, it's written in the stars for him to score against us if the transfer goes through in time.

Generally speaking I am more confident about this, mainly because it looks like Pedersen, Kalinic and Olsson can all score at the moment - something we have not had all season. Plus we seem to be passing the ball much better. Easily looking the best footballing side at the moment for ages.

A draw seems a decent shout. Quite fancy Pedersen to score again.

I would also be extremely pleased with a point here - However I can't see us breaking this duck just yet even Though Niko does look in fine form :) 2-1 Hammers I think with us getting a late consolation through Franco De Santo. fingers crossed Though.

Is Carlton Cole fit for them? If so we need Samba at top of his game.

Lawros anti rovers prediction. Based on his predictions we'd only have about 3 points this season. Clown.

West Ham v Blackburn

Blackburn have picked up and I can't believe Sam Allardyce is under pressure, because his aim there is just to finish in the Premier League every season.

Nikola Kalinic has started to score and looks the signing they thought he would be before they bought him.

But because of the feel-good factor at West Ham at the moment I'll go for them to win it. And it would be Sod's law for Blackburn if Benni McCarthy was to score.

Verdict: 2-1

Lawros anti rovers prediction. Based on his predictions we'd only have about 3 points this season. Clown.

West Ham v Blackburn

Blackburn have picked up and I can't believe Sam Allardyce is under pressure, because his aim there is just to finish in the Premier League every season.

Nikola Kalinic has started to score and looks the signing they thought he would be before they bought him.

But because of the feel-good factor at West Ham at the moment I'll go for them to win it. And it would be Sod's law for Blackburn if Benni McCarthy was to score.

Well to be fair considering our shocking record against them can you blame him for predicting West Ham to win?? I know he can be a clown but this prediction doesn't make him so. People should take off their blue and white specs once in a while and remember that the last two seasons we have been a very average team!

Well to be fair considering our shocking record against them can you blame him for predicting West Ham to win?? I know he can be a clown but this prediction doesn't make him so. People should take off their blue and white specs once in a while and remember that the last two seasons we have been a very average team!

its usually the same prediction every week though. even when were at home.

Now that Lawro has predicated our defeat, I feel much better about our chances.

Rovers to win, 2-1. Kalinic and MGP to score.

:rover: west spam away = non points,i would keep samba on the bench to teach him a lesson :blush::brfc:

You really are full of sh!t.

Play our strongest back line, Givet, Samba, Nelson & Chimbonda. Olsson & Junior on the wings, MGP & Bert in the middle, Di Santo behind Kalinic. Olsson, Bert, MGP and Junior swapping about to keep the Spammers on their toes, Kalinic and Di Santo alternating roles too.

This is a winnable game, and with odds of 11/4 for the win I may just have a punt. Pedersen at 14/1 looks a good bet too.

We've a terrible record against this lot, lets hope for better this weekend.

You really are full of sh!t.

Play our strongest back line, Givet, Samba, Nelson & Chimbonda. Olsson & Junior on the wings, MGP & Bert in the middle, Di Santo behind Kalinic. Olsson, Bert, MGP and Junior swapping about to keep the Spammers on their toes, Kalinic and Di Santo alternating roles too.

This is a winnable game, and with odds of 11/4 for the win I may just have a punt. Pedersen at 14/1 looks a good bet too.

We've a terrible record against this lot, lets hope for better this weekend.

you have to play one central midfielder. gamst and emo can play in the middle, effectively at times it seems but both of them together would be suicidal without support.

Sam on the game : ""We don't have to go there and try and win, but what we have to do is go there and try and get a result."

What does that mean ? Go for a draw ?

he irritates me so much. of course we have to go into the game trying to win, we simply don't have to go into the game knowing a win is imperative and we must risk everything for it.

Sam on the game : ""We don't have to go there and try and win, but what we have to do is go there and try and get a result."

What does that mean ? Go for a draw ?

Yes. A bit sad to be honest. Expect 5 in midfield and sitting well back if we do manage to get ahead.

Annoying as we have consistently played our best when we try and take the game to other teams. I was rather hoping Sam had learned from this. I won't judge until I see the game on Sat, don't mind 4231 but I want to see the midfielders getting well forward to support the striker.

Archived