BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] West Ham Vs Rovers

BPF

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DiSanto is also known for 1-1 mishaps this season though. he gets the benefit of the doubt due to foreign name and youth.

Roberts is known for his 1-on-1 mishaps for the last 3 years though, he gets the benefit of the doubt for what exactly? He's the only striker you would actually BACK to miss a one-on-one!

Yes Di Santo wouldn't have made the chance. We know this. We also already knew that Roberts wouldn't finish it.

It should therefore be obvious to the expert that playing either or up front on his own is likely to lead to NO GOALS. We've half a season of evidence for Di Santo and a fews years worth for Roberts to come to this conclusion.

So i take it you don't class McCarthy as a Premiership striker if its based on goals this season?

Of course you have to factor in minutes played into the ratio.

Another important consideration is past performances. Di Santo has few very goals at all even for his age. His goal for Rovers, I believe he knew very little about.

Based on goals scored in the Premiership this season I don't really class Di Santo as a Premiership Striker

Nonsense. He's good enough for Chelsea but not a Premiership striker? Di Santo is plainly a better player than Roberts, who would just about be a good Championship striker.

Nonsense. He's good enough for Chelsea but not a Premiership striker? Di Santo is plainly a better player than Roberts, who would just about be a good Championship striker.

Good enough for Chelsea? I'm sorry I didn't realise he was a regular first teamer for them...

We've actually looked pretty threatening on set pieces today. Which is good, though it makes me laugh when EVERY commentator says stuff like "Rovers will always be dangerous from set pieces" Not when Gamst mkII was involved, Gamst mkIII is looking pretty decent at them now. Though the long throws still haven't looked like working, ever.

• Backroom

FT a very good away point

It goes both ways, not losing was a lot more important than winning today

8 points outside the drop zone as it stands

Archived