BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] West Ham Vs Rovers

BPF

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Obviously that's not the approach we'll take in every game, as we saw against Fulham, Villa and Wigan. If Di Santo could grow into that target man role then we would have good options for games. Play Kalinic when we're playing more attacking, along the ground football... play Di Santo when we're playing more defensive, direct football.

Unfortunately, the pointless long ball is a habit we fall into far too frequently. We don't have a midfield quick or inventive enough to support the lone striker.

The bottom line is, we don't have any effective lone strikers for the way Sam sets the team up to play. Roberts cannot finish, Di Santo the jury is out and Niko needs more support and the ball to feet.

We either get a striker who can do it, change our style or play with two. Seeing as the expert bought Niko for a large amount of money, he needs to work out a way to get the best from him.

It means he can do it, if he has a midlfield right behind him, rather than miles back. Every lone striker needs support; kindly stop trying to be ****. EVERYONE can see RVR's point but you.

He [or whoever is playing that role] wont get balls to his feet and wont get midfielders around him very often, away from home - that's the point.

We need a strong frontman who can hold off the defenders until we get support up to them. That's what quality centre forwards do.

He [or whoever is playing that role] wont get balls to his feet and wont get midfielders around him very often, away from home - that's the point.

We need a strong frontman who can hold off the defenders until we get support up to them. That's what quality centre forwards do.

But you are assuming we always hoof it. We can play a passing 451 as has been shown by the 3 games prior to west ham. That is Sam's fault, not Kalinic's. We do have a strong frontman, he's called Roberts, but he won't do. We need a Beattie. The more I see Roberts, the more I want beattie here.

Anyway, very happy with the point today. Not easy going anywhere in the Prem. Top 10 eh? Who'd have thought a few weeks ago? :lol:

One would never know with the amount of moaning and nit picking on here. Why do we love to concentrate on the negatives so much I wonder?

One would never know with the amount of moaning and nit picking on here. Why do we love to concentrate on the negatives so much I wonder?

I'm wondering that as well. Seven points from nine, a good result at a place we historically struggle at, sitting in the top half of the table...

Looking forward to seeing Basturk play as well.

Well, in my case, I reckon it's the old double bluff thing - if I look on the down side, I wont get as disappointed when things don't work out. What's the reason behind you being the centre of all things joyful?

I`ve not seen nor heard anything about the match today, apart from the result.

Gotta say i`m pleased with the point & i`m also reasonably pleased with the other scores around & below us.

Happy with the point.. they will be disappointed not beating us at home, especially with all their excitement at the moment. Can't argue with it to be honest, we did well in the first half to quiten the fans and on another day, it sounds like we could have won it.

The bottom line is, we don't have any effective lone strikers for the way Sam sets the team up to play. Roberts cannot finish, Di Santo the jury is out and Niko needs more support and the ball to feet.

We either get a striker who can do it, change our style or play with two. Seeing as the expert bought Niko for a large amount of money, he needs to work out a way to get the best from him.

Di Santo has shown plenty of ability in playing as a lone front man. His problem is that he doesn't score. In my opinion if we played Kalinic alongside him we would have an excellent strike partnership. The problem is behind them. Sam is scared to do it while the central midfield struggles to control possession. We don't need a striker desperately, we need a midfield player who can effectively bring the wingers and strikers into play. Maybe Basturk will do it.

• Backroom

If we can repeat this feat and take 7 more points from the next 3 games then we are pretty much home and dry.

Football being football though I can't see us getting 7 I think 5 is more likely and still acceptable

Football being football though I can't see us getting 7 I think 5 is more likely and still acceptable

To be fair...if we take five points from the next three then it's more than acceptable. It would make us unbeaten in six, that would be pretty outstanding from where we were a few weeks ago.

I'll take a point, sound like yet another game winning chance that roberts has missed. I think his about 0 for 6 or 7 in that department? Can he score 1 on 1's or just tap ins?

Well he defo cant score 1 on 1's! About as good as Dickov, maybe worse!

We could have Torres up front on his own and he wouldn't get many goals using Sam's hoofball defensive tactics! Passing, attacking football is the only thing that has looked like working.

Please, please, please can we quit the long throw in tactic too? It has work once(?) since Sam has been here. It must have a 0.001% sucess rate so far.

Went to the game today...Jees..embarrasssment on the league that we're 10th!...Simply awful first half, we managed to drag West Ham down to our level.. 2nd period better, slightly more passing and we were always in control against a dreadful West Ham side (granted without their 2 best players for most of the game..

NZonzi impressive again however- whilst Samba and Nelsen had a great games too.

Went to the game today...Jees..embarrasssment on the league that we're 10th!...Simply awful first half, we managed to drag West Ham down to our level.. 2nd period better, slightly more passing and we were always in control against a dreadful West Ham side (granted without their 2 best players for most of the game..

NZonzi impressive again however- whilst Samba and Nelsen had a great games too.

I also was at the game - which I thought was controlled from the off by Rovers. Pedersen hit the bar, Roberts fluffed a fantastic chance and Rovers should have had a penalty when West Ham handled the ball on the line. For an away team I thought rovers did ok. The Rovers supporters fantastic singing - west Ham quiet.

But what a shambles of a ground - left 5 minutes early to get the train to the south coast -good job as I am aware it is a nightmare at the tube.

Tube home wasn't as bad as I had thought it would be. Fulham is just as bad if not worse.

Thought we looked most dangerous after Roberts came on to much booing and 4-4-2 chanting. Seems like Green caught most of MGPs long throws - think maybe Sam will figure out that it's not an effective tactic?

First half was definitely dreadful, but thought that Samba, Nelsen and Givet were immense - Samba made sure he was hard to get past - and if someone did, Nelsen was there to clean it up. Givet was all over the place, but in a good way.

Trust me, I've been going to Ewood since 1982, and Mokoena is the worst player we've had.

Andrews is worse!

Went to the game today...Jees..embarrasssment on the league that we're 10th!...Simply awful first half, we managed to drag West Ham down to our level..

No we are 10th, not 15th like them.......they got lucky. Red card & penalty should of been given our way!

We picked up a point at West Ham - Prior to today we had lost the last 10 at their place..... - so thats progress.

Up to 10th....and now not many of the teams below can catch us even if they win their games in hand.

Watched the game today and if anyone was going to win it, it should have been us. WHAM played with a lot more energy in the first half but we had the better chances in front of goal and thats what counts.

Just to go on record, because I feel like I've been one of Andrews biggest critics, but when Andrews came on he did surprisingly okay.. so fair play to him.. and if only Roberts could finish; so frustrating

Archived