SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] West Ham Vs Rovers

BPF

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I would have taken a 0-0 at the start of the day, so it's okay. If we'd had a little more desire to attack we probably could have won the game, considering how toothless West Ham are and the fact they were pretty under-strength, but we all know how Sam operates by now. Roberts showed today why we need to get rid. Ditto Diouf, by the sounds of it.

FT another missed chance for a win.

What the (Please don't use that word again) are you talking about? 'Another'? We won our last two, so that's now seven points from nine. You're like a woman with your mood swings Eddie, you're just complaining for the sake of it, forsaking all rational thought.

Good draw in the end, 7 point from the last 3 league games, climbing up the table. Finally we have a bit of form back.

Pedersen looked ok again today, as did Ollson, apart from that fairly solid throughout without ever looking too dangerous upfront.

• Backroom

Any bottom half team would target a draw in games likes this away from home I think.

We messed up earlier in the season by not beating them at Ewood but if we can carry on drawing with our rivals away and beating them at home we'll be fine.

Unbeaten in 3 now

I think you'll find a large majority of Chelsea fans hoping that he stays with us this Summer...

You'll find a majority of Chelsea fans in Oswaldtwistle this afternoon!

Good point earned today even though we did miss a couple of sitters. Before the doom and gloom brigade start, surely a point from the Spammers away is acceptable. Well done lads, another point at Stoke next week will be fine by me.

On one hand, we're up to 10th as it stands on 28points, four wins away from the magic 40 and have avoided defeat at West Ham for the first time in god knows how long.

On the other hand, two more points were there for the taking today. If we had played with two strikers for a period of that game I believe we would have taken them.

Good defensive performance. We should have won really - handball on the line, Ped's strike against the cross bar, and Roberts definately should have put it away.

I was enraged by the introduction of Andrews and Roberts but to be fair both played well. Pedersen and Samba were good, everyone else pretty average. Thought Olsson would have more of an impact (nice strike though).

A bit more ambition and a bit more passing would have been nice.

Wouldve taken a point before the game, but I can tell you that they were there for the taking. Roberts oh Roberts what a miss you had.

At least no one in the bottom half wins so a point is worth more so come the end of the season.

my sentiments exactly.

a decent effort by the team, had some chances and matched west ham away.

7 points in 3 games, certainly a nice run of results, as other teams start to collapse.

It was an excellent point, I'm sure some will be disappointed we didn't win it or go for the win, but given our record against West Ham we can't have too many complaints.

Look, there's absolutely no point of arguing the substitutions. They're @#/? players, but they were brought on and they did well. Diouf needs to be given a rest though... he's just rubbish. Di Santo and Roberts are pretty much the same, I'd rather put my money on someone I know will trouble defenders than someone who has the 'potential' to do so.

I can't believe we have been robbed again. Takes the mickey that we pay Roberts to steal points away from us. I think even I would have buried that chance.

Very good second half performance and we deserved our point at least.

FFS none of our other strikers would have even created the chance in the first place.

Good point away from home and we played alright too.

If Jason had the ability to finish he'd be a top class striker. But he doesn't... :(

I can't believe we have been robbed again. Takes the mickey that we pay Roberts to steal points away from us. I think even I would have buried that chance.

Very good second half performance and we deserved our point at least.

You would have put it away, but would you have created it? Would you even be on the pitch? ;)

Look, there's absolutely no point of arguing the substitutions. They're @#/? players, but they were brought on and they did well. Diouf needs to be given a rest though... he's just rubbish. Di Santo and Roberts are pretty much the same, I'd rather put my money on someone I know will trouble defenders than someone who has the 'potential' to do so.

I found bringing on Andrew when Reid was on the bench bizarre to say the least. But to be fair he broke up the play really well and I think only gave away the ball once. Arguably his best performance for us this season.

We still need to sell them both though.

Archived