BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Preason 2010

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not seen any of today's game but I saw the highlights of a Plymouth game last season and Judge was extremely impressive so I couldn't understand why he doesn't seem to have been given a chance here.

It would be difficult for him to be any worse than the likes of Grella and Andrews and on a fraction of the wages.

thought judge did well when he came on. Niko was ood til he gt subbed. Thought salgado was excellent and dunn was good too his free kick n few of his thru balls where world class.

on a side note no teymourian or faty think that might end that speculation. Maybe he fancies reo coker instead?

Oh well nice job boys roll on saturday

Not seen any of today's game but I saw the highlights of a Plymouth game last season and Judge was extremely impressive so I couldn't understand why he doesn't seem to have been given a chance here.

It would be difficult for him to be any worse than the likes of Grella and Andrews and on a fraction of the wages.

Judge looks like he has something about him, which can't be said for most of our midfield. He's worth keeping as a squad player, and offloading the higher-earners who flatter to deceive - if only.

We were in the Murrayfield Bar for 3 hours before the game (dart board end of the bar)...there were about 8 of us, mostly wearing Rovers shirts. Fife Rover came over to talk to us just before he left to go to the game.

Our paths must have crossed. I was the one in the retro Rovers kit with wife and two boys in tow sitting with some of the Edinburgh Blues on the far side of the bar. We should all wear big name badges from now on!

A very encouraging performance today by a number of our younger players. I thought Phil Jones was outstanding from start to finish and even caught the eye when moved into midfield. Young Josh Morris had another good game on the left wing and seems to have leapfrogged above Aaron Doran and Alan Judge at the moment. Having said that, I thought Judge had an excellent game when he came on and took his goal very well. Over the past couple of years, Judge seemed to have lost his way but he has been impressive in pre-season with the Reserves and looked very good today.

I thought Kalinic looked sort of match fitness, particularly in the first half, and it will be interesting to see how long it takes him to catch up after missing much of the pre-season through injury. Nick Blackman again looked disappointing and the need for more firepower is increasingly urgent. With Roberts missing both these last two games I would assume that he will not be starting against Everon.

Linganzi, while still far from the finished article, shows signs of promise in that he can see a pass and is comfortable on the ball. At the moment he doesn't always execute things successfully, but he shows potential.

I must admit that I questioned the wisdom of the two games back to back in Scotland but I have thoroughly enjoyed the two matches and feel more optimistic after these two performances than I did earlier in the pre-season. If we can find the right player to lead the attack I would hope that we could have another season challenging for a top ten finish.

I saw that game at tv and Young Josh Morris was very good and fast at left winger, he remind me when old time ex chelsea Jody morris playing.

Cant wait, can young Josh Morris get more games this season.

But....Jody Morris was a CM, slow and if the truth be told......a bit sh1t! :lol:

ROVERS: Paul Robinson, Michel Salgado, Pascal Chimbonda, Phil Jones, Gael Givet, Amine Linganzi, Brett Emerton, David Dunn, Nikola Kalinic, Nick Blackman, Josh Morris

SUBS: Aaron Doran, Mark Bunn, Gavin Gunning, Alan Judge, Junior Hoilett, Ryan Nelsen

CELTIC: Lucasz Zaluska, Andreas Hinkel, Thomas Rogne, Milan Mison, Charlie Mulgrew, Marc Crosas, Richie Towell, Marc Antoine Fortune, Patrick McCourt, Daryl Murphy, Gary Hooper

SUBS: Dominic Cervi, Philip Twardzik, Cha Du-Ri, Ryan Conroy, Jos Hooiveld, Ben Hutchinson, Morten Rasmussen, Josh Thomson

That is one poor celtic team

When the grandpa/granddaughter act got round to talking about who will be starting for Celtic in Inverness on Saturday, I was surprised at how many of today's players they named.

Looking at our starting line-up, I would guess Chimbonda, Linganzi, Emerton, Blackman and Morris are unlikely starters against Everton and even Kalinic might well not get that game based on today's rusty showing. Of the subs who came on, only Hoilett might play on Saturday.

I thought the game was very encouraging for Rovers. In the second half McCourt was completely contained and most of the Celtic threat nullified although Robo had to make a superb save and they narrowly missed after an excellent move towards the end.

I thought all the youngsters did really well for us apart from the largely invisible Blackman. Linganzi was a revelation and if he can cut the silly errors out is pretty close to being Prem ready but that is a huge IF. Morris looks exciting, Judge, Doran and Gunning all looked composed and made no negative difference to Rovers when they came on- Doran was very unlucky to miss with a spectacular volley.

The revelation of course is Phil Jones who looked the senior partner at times alongside Givet and was commandng when pushed up into midfield later on as well. In fact with such riches at centre back, might Jones be a stop gap defensive midfield option for us. He'd certainly give more drive, tackling and distribution than two more established options I can think could get picked there.

Our paths must have crossed. I was the one in the retro Rovers kit with wife and two boys in tow sitting with some of the Edinburgh Blues on the far side of the bar. We should all wear big name badges from now on!

Did you have the 1960 FA Cup Final shirt on?

If so, did you go to Marys college?

Or maybe I just recognise you from t'Rovers :)

Did you have the 1960 FA Cup Final shirt on?

If so, did you go to Marys college?

Or maybe I just recognise you from t'Rovers :)

Yes that was me ... and St Mary's seems a long long time ago! I wish I'd taken more notice of the fans over the other side of the bar because I can't remember seeing anybody I recognized. Next time you see me say 'hello'.

This is turning out like a higher class version of t'Clampetts site: "Aye lad its thy round next" "you'd had a skinful when I fell over thee" "i think aye know thee...are ye not me sister?" Come on its 5 days to go...lets talk about what suit we are wearing for Saturday's match.

I was sitting in the Celtic end. When Judge came on everyone thought he was a wee boy who had borrowed his big brother's football kit. In future maybe he'd be better off in kids sizes- the one he was wearing was HUGE. However, they soon shut up as he played very well and, of course, scored the winner. Do not be fooled, however, this is far and away the worst Celtic side I've ever seen. Full of nonentities and will-never-make-its.

I could only name one of the players on show- such is the revolving door policy up there.

Archived