BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Group C Discussion - Algeria, England, Slovenia, Usa

Guest Kamy100

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Take your point, but surely if he was still up to it hed be given a new contract by Chelsea?

True, but don't they want to lower the average age of the squad? He's also second to Malouda as well now who's played a blinding season.

I know there's one or two who are a little bemused by his release at the club.

Don't forget they also got rid of Ballack who's hardly poor.

I rate him above Lennon or SWP and Milner, none of whom have ever really done it for England like he has. When he pulls on the England shirt he plays with pride and passion, some of his best performances have come for England.

I'm not hailing him as the key, but as left sided midfielder instead of Gerrard being shoved out there where he never performs.

Bucky I take your points, but as far as I'm concerned England should have walked that qualifying group anyway. You had a couple of poor results during it as well, it wasn't a great as others make out. Capello is a great manager I'm not saying he's not but after Maclarens performance he could hardly lose.

• Backroom

Why didn't we play like this against Algeria? Looking good. We should be 2 up at least. The only way Slovenia are going to score is via a huge mistake from one of our players or a set piece. If we nick a 2nd early in the 2nd half the game's over.

Still not good from England. Milner and Defoe the best players by far, but Barry has been shocking. Every single pass he has made has gone horribly wrong, I do not understand at all why he is on the pitch. Get Carrick on immediately. Rooney can not play in this formation either, the sooner Crouch comes on the better.

Still not good from England. Milner and Defoe the best players by far, but Barry has been shocking. Every single pass he has made has gone horribly wrong, I do not understand at all why he is on the pitch. Get Carrick on immediately. Rooney can not play in this formation either, the sooner Crouch comes on the better.

We must be watching different games. Barry has been very good, he just shouldn't try any 'World Cup' balls. He keeps things ticking over and holds the midfield together.

I'd take Lampard off though - he's done nothing.

Archived