BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Group C Discussion - Algeria, England, Slovenia, Usa

Guest Kamy100

Lampard's done alright, Barry's not always sitting and they are working well together.

Upson looks a bit suspect at times.

England looked really good after the goal, keeping the ball working it across the pitch and being patient. I'm not too keen when they revert to type and look for a quick killer ball, as the Slovenian's do have pace and can counter.

45 gone, alls well, but still plenty of play to go.

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good half so far. Should have taken more of our chances to make the second half more comfortable.

Milner looked a bit nervous at first but has really shined as the game went on.

If we can get an early goal in the second half then I think we could get a handful especially if the Slovenian's start to push for a draw/win if they find themselves out of the top two.

I'm sure if that happens, we'll see Lennon on to expose them.

Ahhhhhhhhh

Should have been 2-0 then.

How long before the fans and media start flip-flopping about the England players and their trusted manager? Beating a second-rate team, who paid too much respect to their opposition, doesn't convince me that they can win this tournament.

How long before the fans and media start flip-flopping about the England players and their trusted manager? Beating a second-rate team, who paid too much respect to their opposition, doesn't convince me that they can win this tournament.

I'm dreading the onslaught now of how it was never in doubt and how they'll make it to the final easily.

Very good performance for the first 60/70 minutes, especially after the goal and when the tempo was increased. If we play at that speed not many teams will be comfortable. Got a bit nervy as the team started to drop back, but good to be through and good to see the United States get through, they really deserved it today so they would have been very unlucky not to get through. Now the real tournament starts.

Very good performance for the first 60/70 minutes, especially after the goal and when the tempo was increased. If we play at that speed not many teams will be comfortable. Got a bit nervy as the team started to drop back, but good to be through and good to see the United States get through, they really deserved it today so they would have been very unlucky not to get through. Now the real tournament starts.

Finishing second is actually a blessing in disguise - gives us an extra day off to recover. We HAVE to play at that pace and press the opposition (i.e. a British style of football) in order to trouble teams.

Well England have qualified after some of the most shockingly poor performances in world cup history. Almost beats Italy's record.

Surprise surprise, the changes Milner and Defoe got the goal. Milner especially should have played at the right from the beginning.

But the others..my word. Johnson is good going forward, but he is beyond abysmal in defense. Just cannot play him there anymore. The defense in general seems like making a mistake at every opportunity.

The passing was the worst though. I mean what was going on there. 80% failure rate. Shocking. Mostly due to Barry.

Rooney - useless, but you can't play him at that formation. Lampard - anonymous.

And to make it worse, when it became obvious that they couldn't get a 2nd vs Slovenia, they started giving them the ball at every single opportunity at the end, inviting them chance after chance. Until injury time hit no one had a drop of intelligence to keep the ball and just kept plonking in hopeless ball after hopeless ball upfront.

England have qualified, and showed some effort, but have reaches total tactical death. Which Capello of course won't admit but will go on thinking nothing is wrong.

All you Capello doubters. Take it all back.

We played 4-4-2, Gerrard was good and Defoe scored. Non of the Cole lovers would have had Defoe on the pitch.

Let's not get carried away, it was only 1-0, but the pressure was immense.

Full credit to Milner. I think he has just nailed the right hand side of midfield. Brilliant.

Archived