BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Group C Discussion - Algeria, England, Slovenia, Usa

Guest Kamy100

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I've just got back from Wigan v Saints and whilst I didn't get the result the lads on both sides played with so much passion and commitment it shows just how pathetic those England players are, as Wellans (Saints FB) said "those players are stealing a living". Put into perspective a young Wigan forward called Chris Tuscon probably earns £25k a year if not less, got his nose totally destroyed - flat as pancake, blood everywhere, a proper mashed conk! What did he do? he went off, got it strapped up and went back on and flew into a tackle, if the likes of Rooney showed 10% of that commitment England would be flying.

Okay, rant over :blush:

I think that Cappello isn't entirely to blame for the current problems. Many of the 'golden generation' and Rooney should be dropped for the next game. 3 managers have come in, and all 3 have not squeezed a decent run of performances during a championship. The likes of Gerrard, Lampard and so on have flattered to decieve. They should be kicked out of the next few qualifiers if favour of other players such as Milner, Jagileka, Young. Players who are hungry, and not busy doing Nike adverts and appearing in Hello. The above 'star' players get in the squad regardless of form, and swan around like its their right to play for England.

Capello has made quite a few errors, but the players have let down the country. Again.

Some of the stuff Sam wrote in that article is right you cant treat English players like Italian players it's a whole different culture of people and the same disciplines wont work on both, English players have always been treat with kid gloves because they just dont have the national pride like other countries and wont be bullied into playing well.

The players do need a trip away or even a day with their wives to take their mind off the impending doom of not winning the next match, do I agree with this? not a chance I was brought up in a very strict family and believe discipline is paramount but these millionaire playboy baby footballers are too used to getting their own way and as Cappello is manager he is paid a lot to get results and he has to change his ways if his style isnt working.

Hiring an Italian to be the manager of England was a very bold move and had he had years and more matches to work with the team he may well have done some good, but lets face it if we go out on wednesday he will be sacked and we will be back to square one.

As I watch the world cup I feel more a more that discipline has become a major feature in all of the teams, African teams dont play like African teams even Brazil have been used in the same sentence as blackburn rovers because of there stern defensive tactics all in all it has'nt been the viewing I was hoping for but nevertheless its better than eastenders :rolleyes:

Look at the Sam Allardyce quote in the post above yours.

Not interested in quotes from someone who has a hidden agenda.

The players are to blame Jim, not the manager.

Not interested in quotes from someone who has a hidden agenda.

The players are to blame Jim, not the manager.

The manager selects the squad, picks the team, decides the tactics, sets the team formation, makes the substitutes and is in charge of the dressing room. Successful teams have good managers, poor teams do not. There is obviously something wrong in the England camp and has been since the pre-tournament friendlies. The team is dull, anxious and lacking in spirit. Unless there is a dramatic turnaround on Wednesday England will be out of the World Cup. All these problems come from the top. Capello is to blame for England's poor World Cup so far. Hopefully he can turn it round, but the signs aren't good.

The players think they are a lot better than they are. They have all got a chip on their shoulders. They act like they don't have anything to prove, which at club level most of them don't. Unfortunately at internationaly level they have a lot to prove.

They are clearly, IMO, setting Cappello up as a scapegoat. Terry's interview/press release seemed, to me, to be some of the most blatent passive aggressive-type propaganda I have ever seen.

Saying that, I'd would like to see Joe Cole given a run out! :rolleyes:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup/trouble-for-terry-as-coup-plan-backfires-2006187.html

Hmm.

Player power isn't necassarily a bad thing, as long as it's moderated by the Manager. Capello can't let the players control the team, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't listen to what they've got to say.

So Upson and Dwson it is then for Slovenia. Neither are much good but there would be no objection from me.

It could be because they haven't spent so much time under his strict regime when they have been playing in the qualifiers. . .

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Revealed-Life-in-Fabio-Capello-s-England-camp-Wayne-Rooney-and-Co-s-daily-timetable-article481929.html

Schedule doesn't look strict at all. On the other hand, I am not a multi-millionaire, spoiled brat footballer.

I think Capello needs to shake the squad by the scruff of its neck. Rooney needs to be benched. So does Heskey, but not becuase he hasn't tried, but because he's supposedly there to assist Rooney and it hasn't worked. Replace them with Defoe and Crouch. And Joe Cole should also be tried, replacing Barry who hasn't really shown up.

Otherwise I believe that Slovenia and USA will be the two squads promoted out of Group C.

My team vs. Slovenia:

James

Johnson Dawson Upson Warnock

Barry

Lennon Gerrard* J. Cole

Crouch Defoe

*=Gerrard is only in the team as he is captain.

I don't really care if we win or lose, as the latter result should be seen as an opportunity to purge the squad of egotistical twonks like Terry.

Guest Kamy100

This boredom thing is just codswollop. Every other team in the competition are following very similar regiemes and I don't see them complaining.

We are very lucky that we are in a group where 2 draws still give us the chance to qualify, it is time for the players to show some pride and passion, they need to go out and put in a performance, if they do then they will win and can move on from there, if they don't then they will be on the plane home and will only have themselves to blame, this is a very open world cup with no outstanding side.

What do they expect to be doing exactly?

For God's sake this is the WC. You are playing for your country.

Nagging idiots.

Terry couldve done what he did behind closed doors without having to bring this to the public. Capello wouldnt have liked it at all and I am certain Terry didnt have the blessing of the other 22 players to go with it publicly.

Whats the difference between the mole in the French camp and Terry right now? Some things should stay private.

Seems that Terry went off half-cock.

Having done it, he has probably draw the sting out of the situation whilst at the same time making the players look even more ridiculous. Let's see if Capello has the ability to turn all this to England's advantage.

I would argue things are worse than they were had he not done anything.

Reports state Capello started last night's normal meeting with a "Nobody Speak". And nobody did.

Only thing to come out of it was team will be announced earlier. But seriously if this is such a big deal why didnt they say anything for two years? They are professionals and lets face it 9 or 10 of the players KNOW they are starting. Thats a FACT! When things go wrong people grasp at straws. Instead of looking at themselves in the mirror for letting their country and supporters down, they find other excuses, because they are infallible.

This will ruffle a few feathers but...

Myself and my mates think Big Sam would have got a lot more out of this squad. Someone like Big Sam, who knows how to motivate players, would not be facing this situation. Whether Capello can do what he needs to do (get into the players heads and get them playing without fear) remains to be seen. If he can't in this competition, he won't in any other. That experiment will have failed. I don't want us to lose Big Sam to the England job but he'd do a better job come competition time than Capello has right now. Roy Hodgson would be an excellent choice to replace Capello if he fails. If Capello suceeds and gets this lot playing well, it will be a bloody good result from where they are right now.

I've just read that article by Sam. He's exactly right.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup/trouble-for-terry-as-coup-plan-backfires-2006187.html

Hmm.

Player power isn't necassarily a bad thing, as long as it's moderated by the Manager. Capello can't let the players control the team, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't listen to what they've got to say.

God, it could go from bad to worse for England after what Terry said yesterday. If the England squad reacted like they are supposed to then they could end up digging a bigger hole for themselves. This could go one of two ways when they play Slovenia, they could be really fired up and go out and play better than they have or it could make for an even more tense team who will be shipping the responsibility to someone else.

So Terry acted alone? Rubbish, there's no way he was acting alone. He would never have said what he said if others had not agreed with him before hand. Perhaps he shouldn't have mentioned it in public, but in the same vein all I heard prior to yesterday was:

We need to play 451

Cole must play

The players need to go to the manager and say its not working

So Terry comes out and says what he says most likely to give the fans re-assurance that they will be doing something, especially since everyone's been calling for them to do it. So now he's a villain going against the manager in the eyes of the press etc when they are the ones saying the players should do a "Italia 90"????

What a load of rubbish, dammed if you and dammed if you don't.

And your premise for your opinion and post is....?

Apparently Terry was acting alone. It's not really surprising that he wants Joe Cole in the team. They have been mates for a long time. Apparently there wasn't the appetite for a mutiny, we have played fairly awful but still haven't lost. It's not over yet.

Maybe Joe Cole doesn't get on with incredibly successful Italian managers. That's two this season that have basically ignored him. He must be doing something wrong.

Ha.

Imagine Lampard, Terry and Stevie G taking instruction from Sam. It would have been a disaster similar to the McClaren era.

You are assuming that he'd have selected them in the squad bucky. After the examples and events of this World Cup they would all struggle to make mine.

Apparently Terry was acting alone. It's not really surprising that he wants Joe Cole in the team. They have been mates for a long time. Apparently there wasn't the appetite for a mutiny, we have played fairly awful but still haven't lost. It's not over yet.

Maybe Joe Cole doesn't get on with incredibly successful Italian managers. That's two this season that have basically ignored him. He must be doing something wrong.

Huh? I think you quoted the wrong post...

Archived