BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Cameron'S 1940 Insult To Britain

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Misgovernment is what we had for the past 13 years jimmybob.

The results are cheering however the debt & deficit is quite worrying

I wouldn't say misgovernment. Tony was slow to make the sweeping changes which he did in the end. The problem came from the Tresury who consistantly failed to predict correct levels, probably because of pressure from on high but that is no excuse.

At least the Tories are putting a small levy on banks, which is a start. There needs to be far tighter restrictions and that is something we can influence as we own large parts of most of the banks.

For me the Deficit could be paid off more slowly. I don't share the massive concern that this has to be paid off within the next few years. We always have a certain level of debt with a GDP capable of supporting it. The risks of such cold sharp cuts is it kills growth and sends us back a few years. It relies upon he public continuing to spend, which in all likelihood will be to build up debt as job opportunities decrease.

Only time will tell whether they are being brave or stupid. The voters may have a say sooner than the Coalition want to force on us.

I wouldn't say misgovernment. Tony was slow to make the sweeping changes which he did in the end. The problem came from the Tresury who consistantly failed to predict correct levels, probably because of pressure from on high but that is no excuse.

At least the Tories are putting a small levy on banks, which is a start. There needs to be far tighter restrictions and that is something we can influence as we own large parts of most of the banks.

For me the Deficit could be paid off more slowly. I don't share the massive concern that this has to be paid off within the next few years. We always have a certain level of debt with a GDP capable of supporting it. The risks of such cold sharp cuts is it kills growth and sends us back a few years. It relies upon he public continuing to spend, which in all likelihood will be to build up debt as job opportunities decrease.

Only time will tell whether they are being brave or stupid. The voters may have a say sooner than the Coalition want to force on us.

13 years of mendacity, crookedness, spending money like water, raiding pensions, raising taxes and screwing this country fiscally thanks to the goon who designed the financial regulatory system. And let's not forget waging war on false pretences.

Yeah, let's pay off the deficit more slowly and keep spending money. Fantastic idea. "Fantastic" as in fantasy-land.

13 years of mendacity, crookedness, spending money like water, raiding pensions, raising taxes and screwing this country fiscally thanks to the goon who designed the financial regulatory system. And let's not forget waging war on false pretences.

Lets not forget that the Tories supported a lot of the above aswell.

Just as an update the greatest most honest politician in the world evers figures are now

Days being paid by the Tax Payer - 81

Days in the House of Commons - 2

Votes that have been voted on - 0

Kircaldy's getting a lot for it's money. Wonder whether he's claiming for his second home in London?

Just as an update the greatest most honest politician in the world evers figures are now

Kircaldy's getting a lot for it's money. Wonder whether he's claiming for his second home in London?

Course he will be.... he'll not want to see his cleaner / brother out of a job would he?

Whats he up too? No doubt scribbling his memoirs as fast as he can now he's seen how much Teflon, Campbell and the Dark Lord are making out of theirs. <_<

At best Jim you're making a moutain out of a mole hill, at worst you're wrong anyway...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-1297398/PETER-HITCHENS-Junior-partner-Actually-ve-America-s-servile-spaniel-1940.html

As they say, a 'gaffe' usually means a politician told the truth but then you probably love the Mandelson/Campbell spinning the truth instead?

At best Jim you're making a moutain out of a mole hill, at worst you're wrong anyway...

If you really believe that England did not stand alone in 1940 and that Cameron's statement in Washington was correct you are even more of a bonehead than I took you for. As a Tory-voting shyster I'm surprised you missed the article below. Cameron has upset many war veterans and all those who lived through the early dark days of the war with his idiotic pronouncement. Worse for the Con-Dems coalition, he has further alienated the Colonel Blimps in the shires who detest Cameron for jumping into bed with the Lib Dems and what they see as his ludicrous and unworkable vision of a "Big Society". Cameron's statement in Washington was far worse than Gordon Brown's encounter with Gillian Duffy in Rochdale and will come back to haunt him throughout his short period as prime minister..

http://blogs.telegra...y-game-in-town/

If you really believe that England did not stand alone in 1940 and that Cameron's statement in Washington was correct you are even more of a bonehead than I took you for. As a Tory-voting shyster I'm surprised you missed the article below. Cameron has upset many war veterans and all those who lived through the early dark days of the war with his idiotic pronouncement. Worse for the Con-Dems coalition, he has further alienated the Colonel Blimps in the shires who detest Cameron for jumping into bed with the Lib Dems and what they see as his ludicrous and unworkable vision of a "Big Society". Cameron's statement in Washington was far worse than Gordon Brown's encounter with Gillian Duffy in Rochdale and will come back to haunt him throughout his short period as prime minister..

You should be really happy then jim.... how come you don't sound it? :rolleyes:

Oh and btw you still have not answered my question below despite being given the opportunity. Are you going to bother or not?

In your opinion just who was to blame for Al-Megrahi's release?

I'd suggest anyone who has glimpsed TV coverage from Westminster would know the above accusation could be made against any MP in the current house and probably the majority for many decades past. The House of Commons is rarely full and I often smile to myself when I hear the phrase "today MPs debated" only to pan to a shot of a lone MP apparently talking to an empty House.

If you going to use these statistics to cane Brown you should a least provide information showing perhaps average attendance or even attendance by all MPs. This would then allow a valid judgement as to the accuracy of your view on Brown's attendance or lack of in comparison to others. The failure of many MPs to regularly attend Parliament is something which has annoyed me for years but your cherry-picking of the information makes the point you raise invalid as you provide no standard against which to judge it.

Paul, most MP's attend at least PMQ's & the budget

It's unacceptable whoever does it, but especially a man who went on and on about how much of a moral man he was and how he was better than all those troughing mp's.

Hypocracy at it's finest

Paul, most MP's attend at least PMQ's & the budget

It's unacceptable whoever does it, but especially a man who went on and on about how much of a moral man he was and how he was better than all those troughing mp's.

Hypocracy at it's finest

The Budget I'd agree on but I'm far from sure PMQs is attended by most MPs on a regular basis. Happy to be proved wrong though.

The Budget I'd agree on but I'm far from sure PMQs is attended by most MPs on a regular basis. Happy to be proved wrong though.

Deplorable conduct by many of our representatives I agree but Brown wasn't just the normal back bencher from a safe seat on an ego fuelled jolly was he Paul. This bloke was the first minister. The Prime Minister! The bloke who really should be leading by example.

If you watch the coverage of PMQ's it's always so full that they have to stand at the back of the chamber.

He should at least be either present in the house, voting on laws and motions, for which he is paid handsomely. Or he should resign and call a by-election. Not skulk at home at tax payers expense writing his book on how he was right and everyone else is wrong

Your link doesn't work, but did you even bother to check mine? In 1940 the USA was bankrolling our war effort so whether that makes us a 'junior' partner is one thing, but 'stand alone' we did not.

By the way, I have never voted Tory in my life. The problem with people like you is you think that unless someone despises David Cameron like you they must be a rich, snobby tory voter. Sorry to tell I just happen to think that you are wrong on this one (well over hyping a non-story at least) and it has nothing to do with my overall Political stance.

, but 'stand alone' we did not.

Hitchens is entitled to his view but historians and the whole world will tell him (and you and David Cameron apparently) that Britain was on its own in 1940. The RAF of course included pilots from the colonies, Poland and some renegade US lads who defied their country's administration and the threat of losing their citizenship to help Britain in the fight against the Nazis but as a nation island we were all that stood between freedom the dark forces of evil taking over western Europe. To argue otherwise is nonsense.

Hitchens is entitled to his view but historians and the whole world will tell him (and you and David Cameron apparently) that Britain was on its own in 1940. The RAF of course included pilots from the colonies, Poland and some renegade US lads who defied their country's administration and the threat of losing their citizenship to help Britain in the fight against the Nazis but as a nation island we were all that stood between freedom the dark forces of evil taking over western Europe. To argue otherwise is nonsense.

Jesus Christ you're like a broken record...from wiki

There was an entirely different program in 1940, the Destroyers for Bases Agreement whereby 50 USN destroyers were transferred to the Royal Navy and the Royal Canadian Navy in exchange for basing rights in the Caribbean and Newfoundland. The UK had been paying for its matériel in gold under "Cash and carry", as required by the Neutrality Acts of the 1930s.

We didn't have enough money to "stand alone". Are you being ignorant just for wumming purposes?

"As suspected, Brown didn’t hang around for last night’s vote on the Education Bill. Welsh Lib Dem Jenny Willott is the only other mainland MP that has been completely absent from this session - she’s just had a kid. "

From Guido for Paul

I like the cut of this fellow's gib. Well done to Keith Newbery writing in the Eastboune Herald about Cameron "the snivelling little sycophant". Central Office must be quaking in its little blue boots when the inhabitants of Tory grass-roots towns such as Eastbourne turn on their leader. More than a week later and still no apology from Dave on the matter.

http://www.eastbourn...n-do.6443392.jp

I like the cut of this fellow's gib. Well done to Keith Newbery writing in the Eastboune Herald about Cameron "the snivelling little sycophant". Central Office must be quaking in its little blue boots when the inhabitants of Tory grass-roots towns such as Eastbourne turn on their leader. More than a week later and still no apology from Dave on the matter.

http://www.eastbourn...n-do.6443392.jp

Give him a break .... Cameron's busy half way acrosss the globe rightly rebuking and offending to boot the Pakistani government for their thinly veiled support for Al Queda and the Taliban. I'm sure by that act alone of telling it how it is that he'll have redeemed himself with the majority of servicemen past and present.

Jack Straw (who's that?... Robert Mugabe) as Foreign Sec it turns out would have been too busy ironing and dusting to bother with such trifling affairs of state. Condoleeza obviously likes mens men.... must be why she had him binned.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/8296378.East_Lancs_men_reveal_secret_passion_for_ironing/

Give him a break .... Cameron's busy half way acrosss the globe rightly rebuking and offending to boot the Pakistani government for their thinly veiled support for Al Queda and the Taliban. I'm sure by that act alone of telling it how it is that he'll have redeemed himself with the majority of servicemen past and present.

I'm bloomin' sure he wont!

Archived