BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Mall Extention

And no-one's shopping on a budget in Blackburn are they ? Primark's great and more than adequately meets it's target audience. Used to love going to the one in Liscard before the annual trip to spain, cheap as chips.

(/quote]

QUALITY shouldnt cost....should it ! :rock:

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nobody goes into Primark thinking that the clothes they buy are going to last for years or are better quality than those from higher end shops, but that is the appeal of Primark. You can just walk in, buy something "in season" for peanuts, wear it for a while and then get rid of it when it isn't needed without fussing over depreciation.

Nobody goes into Primark thinking that the clothes they buy are going to last for years or are better quality than those from higher end shops, but that is the appeal of Primark. You can just walk in, buy something "in season" for peanuts, wear it for a while and then get rid of it when it isn't needed without fussing over depreciation.

Spot on mate and my point entirely.

Just got back from town.

It looks really good. A great start, obviously its a work in progress but credit to the Mall.

Encouragingly it was absolutely packed! I couldn't get on the market car park! Definitely the busiest I have seen it in years (apart from at Christmas)

Primark is not quality. It's only good if you don't mind having a high turnover of clothing at a low cost. The items do get ruined in the wash more easily than other high-street clothes retailers. But what do you expect when you pay £1?

But it's still good news for the town and neighbouring areas.

Do they really, or is that just a perception ? You should know its a mis perception.

....this simple statement 'why quality shouldnt cost' affects the western world, greatly.

Spot on mate and my point entirely.

Quality doesnt cost..... do you over value yourself adopted scouser, I hope not :lol:

Do they really, or is that just a perception ? You should know its a mis perception.

....this simple statement 'why quality shouldnt cost' affects the western world, greatly.

Quality doesnt cost..... do you over value yourself adopted scouser, I hope not :lol:

What the hell are you on about JAL ?

When complete it should bring Church street to life, but what I find strange is originally there was talk of Thwaites putting in a bar/cafe to replace the old Toffs, yet so far I havent seen anything in the plans for this, is this a sign of changing times.

Adding on I hope the Ainsworth street side is revamped next so as to compliment King William street and Church street and give off an added quality feel to the town centre.

The Mall itself dominates the town centre, as it is positioned slap bang in the middle. If the mall, was say on Penny Street, on the current market site- with an underground market, leaving the King William street area open- ie Preston's Flag Market it would connect the town so much better.

But hey, we are where we are and the town is progressing for the first time in a decade.

Primark is a disgusting, horrible place which I hate with a passion.

We had one built in Hanley around two years ago. 3 whole floors of cheap tat. Seems very popular with screaming kids and pregnant school girls.

Girls can do that, the girls clothes are fashionable.

Mens clothes are disgusting, nothing is fashionable. I'm not a clothes snob by any means, I buy cheap stuff, but Primark is just too awful.

The t-shirts just have crap print all over them, and the jeans are terrible. It's okay for cheap office type clothes, but that's about it.

Primark is a disgusting, horrible place which I hate with a passion.

We had one built in Hanley around two years ago. 3 whole floors of cheap tat. Seems very popular with screaming kids and pregnant school girls.

Should do a bomb up here then.

I'm no expert on shopping but it sounds like Blackburn and Primark were made for each other. I hope they live happily ever after.

One good thing though it might attract similar from afar and make other shopping centres rather more 'select'.

Agree about the jeans, but for summer wear they are fine, the shorts and polo shirts (the more expensive £7-11 ones) are decent enough.

Ah yeah, shorts and things are okay, can't really go wrong there. I'm not a polo shirt wearer so I'll take your word on that one. Shirts are a no-no though.

Just like a new girlfriend!!

Should do a bomb up here then.

I'm no expert on shopping but it sounds like Blackburn and Primark were made for each other. I hope they live happily ever after.

One good thing though it might attract similar from afar and make other shopping centres rather more 'select'.

nothing like a sweeping statement? Then I remembered you are just like a little school boy jumping up and down for attention ^_^

my point, you havent got a clue if i'm a chav-tastic council estate type or indeed a well-to-do upwardly mobile professional ..... but because I live in Blackburn i'm made for Primark - typical of the tosh (in general) that you type.

my point, you havent got a clue if i'm a chav-tastic council estate type or indeed a well-to-do upwardly mobile professional ..... but because I live in Blackburn i'm made for Primark - typical of the tosh (in general) that you type.

You've fallen into Thenos trap jw, relax.

Went into the Mall today and thought it was the rup up to christmas with the sheer number of people in there, all in all its great news for Blackburn and good that they've put on a mini fair for the kids in King william Street.

Finally it looks like Blackburn has got its act together, after so long in the wilderness, just hope they dont sit back on this and press on to acheive even greater things not only for the town centre but for Blackburn as a whole.

A lifetime of experience tells me that if you were the former you would only leave the area in a box whilst if you were the latter your stay in Blackburn would prob be short. :rolleyes:

Playing amateur detective on your suggestion.......

'jw upper' does send out a clue, as does a Fernhurst Farm address with a bay window (step up from Oakdale I was co-incidentally informed only yesterday) so thats hardly council estate is it? You are mid 30's and have a smashing little lad (and no doubt future hopeful for BRFC centre forward):tu: so I assume you also are in a permanent relationship. I've no idea but I'd guess that you go to BRFC with an older relative.

Th expnese of a nice address and a young family would suggest to me that (and this is the nub of the problem for the shopping centre) like many in Blackburn that you have limited disposable income.

How have I done so far? :rock:

So build what you want in the centre just who from within the town is going to spend any real money to fund the development and provide money for future growth? If it isn't there then better shops will never show any interest and only the cheap tatt and poundshops will be around to make cheap offers to rent any premises.

The only way forward therefore is to attract shoppers from neighbouring towns. Perversely BwD council are currently mounting a legal challenge in cahoots with Blackpool's council to halt or at least minimise the Preston Tithe Barn shopping project. Whether that is morally of legally right or wrong I don't know but what I do know is that it's dog eat dog and whilst they whinge about Preston they obviously don't care a fig about the likes of Accy, Burnley, Darwen etc. So lets not have any crocodile tears over Preston's ambitions please.

btw ... Tosh is it? My impressions of Blackburn are not held by me alone.... http://ukpollingreport.co.uk/guide/seat-profiles/blackburn

"Profile: a former centre of the textile industry now fallen on harder times. Blackburn is a mix of deprived inner-city wards dominated by Muslim voters, white working class areas and Conservative voting suburbs. According to the 2001 census around a quarter of the population is Muslim...... ."

The real ills of Blackburn have been ignored for half a century. Apart from BAC and a few outstanding businesses there are simply no wealth creators. Without these I'd suggest any new development in the town centre is just like putting lipstick on a pig.

A lifetime of experience tells me that if you were the former you would only leave the area in a box whilst if you were the latter your stay in Blackburn would prob be short. :rolleyes:

Playing amateur detective on your suggestion.......

'jw upper' does send out a clue, as does a Fernhurst Farm address with a bay window (step up from Oakdale I was co-incidentally informed only yesterday) so thats hardly council estate is it? You are mid 30's and have a smashing little lad (and no doubt future hopeful for BRFC centre forward):tu: so I assume you also are in a permanent relationship. I've no idea but I'd guess that you go to BRFC with an older relative.

Th expnese of a nice address and a young family would suggest to me that (and this is the nub of the problem for the shopping centre) like many in Blackburn that you have limited disposable income.

How have I done so far? :rock:

So build what you want in the centre just who from within the town is going to spend any real money to fund the development and provide money for future growth? If it isn't there then better shops will never show any interest and only the cheap tatt and poundshops will be around to make cheap offers to rent any premises.

The only way forward therefore is to attract shoppers from neighbouring towns. Perversely BwD council are currently mounting a legal challenge in cahoots with Blackpool's council to halt or at least minimise the Preston Tithe Barn shopping project. Whether that is morally of legally right or wrong I don't know but what I do know is that it's dog eat dog and whilst they whinge about Preston they obviously don't care a fig about the likes of Accy, Burnley, Darwen etc. So lets not have any crocodile tears over Preston's ambitions please.

btw ... Tosh is it? My impressions of Blackburn are not held by me alone.... http://ukpollingreport.co.uk/guide/seat-profiles/blackburn

"Profile: a former centre of the textile industry now fallen on harder times. Blackburn is a mix of deprived inner-city wards dominated by Muslim voters, white working class areas and Conservative voting suburbs. According to the 2001 census around a quarter of the population is Muslim...... ."

The real ills of Blackburn have been ignored for half a century. Apart from BAC and a few outstanding businesses there are simply no wealth creators. Without these I'd suggest any new development in the town centre is just like putting lipstick on a pig.

Only the naive or foolhardy have a spat with Theno :lol::lol:

:wub:First day trading at Primark takings were well in access of 100k, not bad considering the goods are cheap to begin with.

Lipstick on a pig after so long without, definitely becomes an attractive proposition Theno.

Stood in the window on the second floor of Primark today, looking out gazing towards the markets, and the view was, I must say, pretty grim. Surely now the town has to develop that side of Ainsworth street to match the impressive new section of the Mall.

Yet you love nothing more than slandering attempts to improve it. Personally I think you are ashamed of Blackburn as a town but you really should put a bit of support in. It's got a hell of a lot of history behind it and it needs help to have a future.

Walk a mile in my shoes ET. My feelings about Blackburn are born from the frustration of seeing the town that I live in and the town that I grew up in many years ago being systematically led in that time period down a downward path of degradation by our glorious leaders seemingly hell bent on a skewed and self destructive path of political ideology. You get what you deserve I guess.

Archived