BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Birmingham Preview

Flopsy

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds better than our away form last season (touch wood)

Not often we've had 61% possesion the first 20 minutes, I would imagine.

We've faded a bit since the first 20-25, but Brum haven't excactly set the world alight.

Can't say I agree about Gamst's set pieces, though. I missed the first 10 minutes, but it was just the one that Samba got a touch to that actually hit the first man..

Olsson's showed some nice moves. Just needs to create something from them now..

• Backroom

Some good link up play with Kalinic and Diouf then. Diouf looks a different player, looks quicker than last season- perhaps lost some weight?

He was shown on Soccer AM this morning in his kecks, certainly has no fat on him anyway

• Backroom

How have Pedersen and Jones done in the middle?

Always a bit of a risk playing 2 players out of position so to speak in a 3 man midfield

Very impressive first half.

We've had the better chances, had the vast majority of possession and looked most likely to score.

Playing some lovely short football, which will please a lot of people, but I'd rather we were 'unattractive' stuff and winning, as per last week, than playing pretty football and drawing.

Let's hope we can get a goal and make Birmingham come out and play a bit more.

I can see it, just wish i'd paid more attention to French at school though as that's the language of the commentary team.

as can I, however mine is in Spanish... good job I know some Spanish TBH

When we played with two strikers.

Don't go down that road. We're solid enough with the players we have. Happy with how things are going so far.

Nothing to do with two strikers. If our attacking players stretch the defence, it would allow space to play Kalinic (or whoever) in behind. That's not really our game though, is it?

I don't think Birmingham will be the same side after the break, and we could rue not taking advantage of possession.

Archived