BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Birmingham Preview

Flopsy

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what are our ticket sales like for this one? I am going down with 2 mates and hope for better after that 4 v 1 collapse when sparky was in charge.

My best memory at Brum was when we were in the promotion hunt with City to come back up to the Premiership. I could only get 2 tickets in the Birmingham home end immediately behind their goal about 15 rows up. We were surrounded by some rather unpleasant looking animals when Duff scored a wonder goal (one of his best) in a 2 nil win....I stuffed my mouth with crisps to stop me cheering and paying a visit to casualty....I let rip outside when the apes had gone home to mate.

I've lived in Brum for 13 years and that's my happiest trip to St Andrews by miles. When the 2nd went in, that was when I knew we were going back up. Happy days!

And I would never, never sit in the home end.

From some Brum site

“He’s had his journey in Greece and, from speaking to him, he’s so keen to get on that Barclays Premier League pitch once more," McLeish told the Birmingham Mail.

"I think he’s showed he can score a goal, and he’s learnt new tricks abroad, hopefully become a more mature footballer.

“Maybe in his early days at Blackburn Rovers he was seen more as a super sub. But he never did too badly there back in the day.

Hope he starts to be honest - can't wait to see these Greek tricks! Draw written all over this game - 1-1

Archived