BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venkys Discussion

...and a new chairman who doesn't persistently haemorrhage lengthy contracts out to underperforming dross.

*tin hat on*

If you knew anything about intensive poultry farming, you'd realise what a pile of pants this statement was.

Jesus man, they're chickens...look at them...just body...exist to be eaten by us or whoever wants to....would you feel more comfortable about the takeover if they all had a little run about every now and then? :mellow:

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jesus man, they're chickens...look at them...just body...exist to be eaten by us or whoever wants to....would you feel more comfortable about the takeover if they all had a little run about every now and then? :mellow:

With the plethora of horrific injuries that the practice provides, such as acid skin burns, eye loss and cannibalism, I would, actually, yes.

Now you are for it! You have just alienated about 50% of the members on here Alan....

..... Don't worry though it's only the ones who don't know a thing about football. ;)

Which part of his statement alienated you then? ;)

With the plethora of horrific injuries that the practice provides, such as acid skin burns, eye loss and cannibalism, I would, actually, yes.

My wife (season ticket holder for 15+ years) has very strong views on the whole battery chicken issue, so much so that she's thinking about not going again while this lot are the owners. While most people won't have the same ethics or feel as strongly about it, it WILL be an issue for some people.

My wife (season ticket holder for 15+ years) has very strong views on the whole battery chicken issue, so much so that she's thinking about not going again while this lot are the owners. While most people won't have the same ethics or feel as strongly about it, it WILL be an issue for some people.

Quite right too. Oh and whilst she's at it I expect her to boycott every supermarket which imports any meat from abroad, before reflecting that it's actually the great British housewives expectancy for ever cheaper food that is the real root of this issue.

Life is never simple.

Hope she has the same views on her clothes & shoes and the sweatboxes that they are produced in by 7 year old kids?! :rolleyes:

Anyway there business doesnt matter to me, its what they do with Blackburn Rovers that matters.

Quite right too. Oh and whilst she's at it I expect her to boycott every supermarket which imports any meat from abroad, before reflecting that it's actually the great British housewives expectancy for ever cheaper food that is the real root of this issue.

Life is never simple.

Well actually we do only buy British meat (where at all possible) and always free-range. It's not difficult although it does cost more.

Excuse her for being more ethical than you or I.

Based on...?

A little bird told me ;)

*tin hat on*

If you knew anything about intensive poultry farming, you'd realise what a pile of pants this statement was.

No need for tin hats Jackson, I have no issues at all with people concerned about the welfare of people and animals. I wasn't aware that there had been any allegations against VH on the grounds of animal cruelty. I understood that they only hatch and sell one day old chicks. Surely there's no time for them to spend in battery pens before they were sold? Wouldn't the destination of the chicks be local farms anyway and hence a free range future by definition? Another VH product line is in medical treatments for poultry so it's tough to understand any accusations of cruelty, just the opposite really as these products benefit the animal. Also genuinely amazed that chickens are cannibals, if Venky's find out that they are eating into the profits feathers will fly :lol: Only humour, don't blow a fuse, I'm fully on board with your concerns.

it seems most people have missed the back page article were it states "Mrs Desai confirmed that the purchase would be on an equity basis, dismissing claims that the acquisition would be funded by a bank"

True but that still leaves open the possibility that they can secure their own borrowing by using the shares as collateral. This would only be an issue if they defaulted and the bank set about liquidating the collateral ie us. We'll never know but as I said in my post I'm more than happy to take their assurances at face value.

Isn't the other half of VH Group's business to provide biomedical products for those very same chickens they farm? In other words, they use their products to lower risk of various diseases for both the chickens and the people that eat them and also improve the quality of living for the chickens during their lifespan.

Hope she has the same views on her clothes & shoes and the sweatboxes that they are produced in by 7 year old kids?! :rolleyes:

Anyway there business doesnt matter to me, its what they do with Blackburn Rovers that matters.

Where possible, she does. Not easy these days, although American Apparel do sell only US-made stuff.

And I'm sure you'll be putting your usual mindless, blinkered positive spin on everything Venky's related now too? :rolleyes:

Before you get to excited have a look at Venky's on You Tube. ;) Always two sides to a story, so we are told.

Will do when I get home.

I'll still go but my Mrs feels strongly enough about the issue to question her attendance. It's that bloody Hugh Fearnley-Whathisname's fault! ;)

Will do when I get home.

I'll still go but my Mrs feels strongly enough about the issue to question her attendance. It's that bloody Hugh Fearnley-Whathisname's fault! ;)

At the same time people in Haiti are living in tented cities and dying from Cholera. We concern ourselves with legroom for chickens. Makes you think....

And I'm sure you'll be putting your usual mindless, blinkered positive spin on everything Venky's related now too? :rolleyes:

Oh dear! No not really mate - I couldnt give two hoots how they produce chicken, il just eat it - im no eco warrior or anything like that :blush:

Another cheap shot to gain rep points? No pal il be keeping an open mind, not ruling things out before we hear the full facts, and il be backing my club which has been VERY well run in the past to make the correct decisions on any future owner. Its called having trust.

Had we been ran like Pompey then yes Id be worried, but to be fair we are one of the best run clubs there is.

Il just be optimistic until I have reason to be anything different...but thats just me.

Oh dear! No not really mate - I couldnt give two hoots how they produce chicken, il just eat it - im no eco warrior or anything like that :blush:

Another cheap shot to gain rep points? No pal il be keeping an open mind, not ruling things out before we hear the full facts, and il be backing my club which has been VERY well run in the past to make the correct decisions on any future owner. Its called having trust.

Had we been ran like Pompey then yes Id be worried, but to be fair we are one of the best run clubs there is.

Il just be optimistic until I have reason to be anything different...but thats just me.

I'm no eco-warrior, just try to be ethical where I can be. Must be all the ethics training we've had to do at work rubbing off! :tu:

And let's be honest here, it's not really sport anymore to get rep points when responding to your posts is it? The phrase 'like shooting fish in a barrel' springs to mind. ;)

I have no issues - as yet - with what Venky's are proposing from a business perspective with the club. Remind me where I said anything contrary to that? Cautiously optimistic, I believe the phrase is ....

At the same time people in Haiti are living in tented cities and dying from Cholera. We concern ourselves with legroom for chickens. Makes you think....

I'm concerned by both.

There's always a smart d!ck, isn't there, who finds an extreme example of a reason not to give 2 sh!ts about anything else.

Like when someone says "try everything once", I'll just bet that you'd be in there 3 seconds later: "What about murder".

I'm concerned by both.

There's always a smart d!ck, isn't there, who finds an extreme example of a reason not to give 2 sh!ts about anything else.

Like when someone says "try everything once", I'll just bet that you'd be in there 3 seconds later: "What about murder".

Yes, you.

I always buy free range produce but I don't believe a keyboard warrior named Jackson is going to stop the worlds developing superpowers treating animals in a way you find "inhumane".

Good luck though eh? This is the right place to discuss.

:)

I'm bored of just getting tiny nuggets of information, Syed keeps clucking on but I'm worried that if we put all our eggs in one basket with Venkys we would be playing a dangerous game. Bird flu would scramble the business to smithereens and we'd be walking on the eggshells of administration if they lost everything.

P.S. Half time kebab would be eggcellent.

I'm bored of just getting tiny nuggets of information, Syed keeps clucking on but I'm worried that if we put all our eggs in one basket with Venkys we would be playing a dangerous game. Bird flu would scramble the business to smithereens and we'd be walking on the eggshells of administration if they lost everything.

P.S. Half time kebab would be eggcellent.

Cluck off.

Yes, you.

I always buy free range produce but I don't believe a keyboard warrior named Jackson is going to stop the worlds developing superpowers treating animals in a way you find "inhumane".

Good luck though eh? This is the right place to discuss it

Yes, I agree. And as you'll see from many of my posts, I enjoy tom foolery as much as yourself, or the next poster.

But, in my opinion, this is actually an important and serious facet of the takeover.

As an English club playing in an English league, I do feel that ethical considerations should be taken into account when choosing an appropriate buyer. Intensive animal husbandry, outwith the welfare standards set for our own kind, doesn't sit comfortably with me. I do appreciate that many here would consider this issue a relatively benign aspect to the potential buyers portfolio, especially when compared to some previous EPL owners, and maybe it's just me, but I'd personally have someone on board with the guilty failings of unpaid council tax, than the VH group.

Archived