BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] LOST FOR WORDS.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NOTHING ever suprises me with the Old Firm.

But, they accuse Rangers fans of being 'bigots', 'sectarian', 'Scotland's Shame' etc etc, the hypocrisy of them is striking.

Scotland has a proud military tradition, how many Celtic fans have died for and are still serving the British Army?

Shameful.

NOTHING ever suprises me with the Old Firm.

But, they accuse Rangers fans of being 'bigots', 'sectarian', 'Scotland's Shame' etc etc, the hypocrisy of them is striking.

Scotland has a proud military tradition, how many Celtic fans have died for and are still serving the British Army?

Shameful.

I personally stood side by side with lads from Scotland, Ireland and Northern Ireland, speechless!.

It is certainly no one off, Celtic supporters did this last year:

Rangers fans have also disgraced themselves on many occasions, Old Firm in England? NEVER

Agreed, leave them north of the border in the sh!t league that is the SPL.

It's easy to look good when you've nobody decent to play against. Coonts.

Agreed.

They should learn to spell though - does it say Aloostained/Bloostained/Blodstained?????

Obviously concerned about the effect of tumeric infused potatoes on the white of the shirt................. :rolleyes:

Pretty sick but hey not entirely surprised

I'm well aware that I am going to get berated for this post but I believe that some balance is needed in the discussion.

After 30 years of being hunted by the British Army in Northern Ireland, I can't say I'm surprised by such a protest. I don't think that a club with Celtics history of being founded by an Irish priest should be remembering the British Army.

I do agree that the past should stay in the past though.

As for the argument about Celtic and Rangers fans being as bad as each other, I have to agree when it comes to a minority of them. However, one has to remember that the city of Seville and FIFA honoured the Celtic fans for their behaviour during a Uefa cup final...I don't think that the city of Manchester will be rewarding Rangers for theirs any time soon.

As a scot, who supports Hibernian(which has been an irish club in scotland longer than those cretins in glasgow) this is typical of the wedgie bigots. Half them who are holding that stupid banner, are probably a)not irish catholic, B) live no where near glasgow and have zero irish hertitage in their family, I hope they get haunted by ghosts of our brave soilders. Just trying to out do Rangers(who are no better) I know one guy who is well into that nonsense, who is not a,b or c.

Your right no way should the EPL except these clubs. Zero respect for the people who died protecting this fine country. Expect zero consequences from the Scottish FA, this type of behaviour is fair game in Scotland.

embarrassing

I think its shameful by the Celtic fans as many Irish have fought in both world wars or did they not know that?

As bad as those fans above are, as pointed out to me this morning every club as sons from Burnley such as this lad:

Sorry Brian but Celtic fans use Seville as a shield for their generally disgusting behaviour on their travels.

Emirates Cup this summer they spent pre match abusing soldiers taking part in a parade.

Booed and chanted through the Rememberance Day minute silence last season.

Constant chanting of 'Up the 'Ra' and other ditties.

What grates me is that they laud themselves as a cut above Rangers, a bastion of tolerance in contrast to the bigotted 'Huns'.

Old Firm= Scotland's Shame.

Eoin, according to Wiki 51,000 Irish people died in the Great War. That amount of people would almost fill Celtic Park.

You mean the 51,000 who were forced into it?

The whole thing is as old as time itself and will probably never end.

The point I was simply making was that both lots are as bad as each other.

51,000 Irish people died whether they were forced into fighting or not, these sick people can't honour their own, disgusting.

Stop talking about things you don't fully understand. The poppy is a rememberence of British soldiers who have died in wars. How does it remember Irish ones?

Not necessarily

The poppy emblem was chosen because of the poppies that bloomed across some of the worst battlefields of Flanders in World War I.

Brian a lot werent forced into it and saw as a way of earning more money that they could send home. Sure a lot of Irish also fought in the Spanish Civil War. They should sell poppy's in Ireland too, so that we may remember those that fought in the wars be it with the old enemy or whoever

Sorry, that statement is as inaccurate as saying they were all volunteers. Conscription was always an issue in Ireland but many Irishman volunteered for service in both wars and since.

The poppy is an emblem of sacrifice and sadness and as such does not pretend to take a political stance.

The inability of some of the bigots who claim to be football supporters will ensure the awful experience of the Troubles will carry on.

And as for being hunted by the British Army, I'm sorry that history has left us wth such an issue. We have been hunted by the IRA, PIRA, CIRA in the Northwest as the crass bombing of Warrington demonstrated.

It is time to stop. There will never be a peace so long as people cherish the past more than the future.

Archived