BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venky's marketing

philipl

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I'm not particulary keen as a ST holder of 13 years to spend a weekday evening watching second rate footballers trying not to get injured then why would someone in India with no previous affilation to the club want to put his hand in his pocket to watch such dross?

I'm no marketing guru. But it occurs to me that if the Rovers already have the video, putting it up on their website should not cost much. And charging fans the world over a very small monthly fee (1-2 pounds/month) to view it would likely generate a fair bit of interest. Most Rovers new signings go into the reserves for a few games and there is a fair bit of talent there. I would have paid for early looks at Guolon, Linganzi, etc., not to mention tracking the progress of Hanley and others. If nothing else, I would get to watch a Rovers' match instead of having to wait a week or more for my fix.

• 3 weeks later...

Article

Some free advertisement for the new Venkys xprs & also our club

Some interesting things which im sure I mentioned before....

• Venky's announced on Wednesday that they are building a football academy in Pune.
  • They are also believed to be considering X Factor-style auditions for local youngsters in Blackburn, which has a large Asian population, in the hope of seeing an Indian play for Rovers

Their marketing would go a heck of a lot better if they would have a consistent message and not contradict themselves so frequently.

I also have faith in Kean. Sam had an eye for backroom talent. And no one in the professional world has a bad word to say about Kean. Nothing but praise. I really hope Kean turns into a young version of SAF, without the ManU ties.

• Venky's announced on Wednesday that they are building a football academy in Pune.
  • They are also believed to be considering X Factor-style auditions for local youngsters in Blackburn, which has a large Asian population, in the hope of seeing an Indian play for Rovers

This is actually very positive. I was always curious why clubs did not have annual open auditions. It wouldn't cost much, would build loyalty in a group of residents, and they might discover a gem.

This is very positive but such a shame it appears to counterbalanced by the closure of the BRFC Community Trust. Looks as though helping the local community has been transferred to the owners' backyard.

Article

Some free advertisement for the new Venkys xprs & also our club

Some interesting things which im sure I mentioned before....

Oh dear!! This was tried at Bradford City some years ago, scouts were offered a Kings Fortune to find the first Asian player to make the first team, none ever did though, total waste of money!! are Venkys for real ??? :rolleyes:

Oh dear!! This was tried at Bradford City some years ago, scouts were offered a Kings Fortune to find the first Asian player to make the first team, none ever did though, total waste of money!! are Venkys for real ??? :rolleyes:

What does make me smile is professional scouts across the world spend their entire working lives searching for good prospective players. Clearly all they needed to do was get Simon Cowell signed up and away we go. I'll buy a hat and eat if anything comes of this initiative.

From a marketing perspective, today is a massive marketing day for Rovers!

The only game on in England at 3pm.

Venky's getting quite a bit of stick for the Sam sacking in the commentaries thus far.

Remember every channel around the world carries a preview programme prior to the 3pm game- it is going to be Rovers, Rovers, Rovers al the way everywhere!

Oh, of course, and what will the Sundays and the analysis shows have to discuss.

At least the name Venky's will not be unknown after the snows this weekend! My goodness they will be bitterly regretting not heeding JW's advice if the Rovers fail to win handsomely and in style.

They are literally betting their company on Steve Kean being a miracle worker.

Archived