BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venky's marketing

philipl

One of the key elements in the document issued by the Rovers to the minority shareholders is the commitment to all aspects of marketing- TV, sponsorship, online and geographic spread.

As Rovers supporters I am sure there is a raft of great ideas we have between us for ideas to spread the good name of the club.

I will kick off with two:

- PLEASE have halved away shirts; make any and all halves the Rovers brand. This is a gift for marketing that hardly any other club possesses- let'sexploit it properly

- URGENT URGENT URGENT to exploit first mover advantage in the Indian market NOW. Rovers will not be unique in having Indian ownership for very long given the way many elements in the business class over there follow each other. This needs a very fast start.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Buy Sunil Chhetri!

He's the poster boy of Indian football. People relate to the players far more than they do the owners. He's been close to moves to Celtic and QPR in the past, he'd be okay as a squad player.

Everton got a couple of unknown Chinese players over for marketing reasons and they turned into decent squad players. They would go absolutely berserk over there if their best player made it to EPL.

I can't imagine anything else will be enough to capture imaginations otherwise. Even if we just gave him 5/10 minutes here and there, I bet they'd be tuning in to see him play.

Buy Sunil Chhetri!

He's the poster boy of Indian football. People relate to the players far more than they do the owners. He's been close to moves to Celtic and QPR in the past, he'd be okay as a squad player.

Everton got a couple of unknown Chinese players over for marketing reasons and they turned into decent squad players. They would go absolutely berserk over there if their best player made it to EPL.

I can't imagine anything else will be enough to capture imaginations otherwise. Even if we just gave him 5/10 minutes here and there, I bet they'd be tuning in to see him play.

Honest question, I know Park's had a big impact for Man U in South Korea but what about the Bolton lad, whose name temporarily escapes me?

One of the key elements in the document issued by the Rovers to the minority shareholders is the commitment to all aspects of marketing- TV, sponsorship, online and geographic spread.

As Rovers supporters I am sure there is a raft of great ideas we have between us for ideas to spread the good name of the club.

I will kick off with two:

- PLEASE have halved away shirts; make any and all halves the Rovers brand. This is a gift for marketing that hardly any other club possesses- let'sexploit it properly

- URGENT URGENT URGENT to exploit first mover advantage in the Indian market NOW. Rovers will not be unique in having Indian ownership for very long given the way many elements in the business class over there follow each other. This needs a very fast start.

We need to move quickly to get an academy set up in India. Other premiership clubs are already established over there, United & City to name two.

Honest question, I know Park's had a big impact for Man U in South Korea but what about the Bolton lad, whose name temporarily escapes me?

I believe someone on here once posed that question to Mr Nixon, he said it hadn't made waves for them financially.

Lee?

I reckon he'll be worth about £8 million now. Plus, I'm not sure an East Asian player would have any impact really, there are plenty knocking around the top leagues.

Having the most popular Indian footballer as the first PL player would really capture imagination. It would be cheap to do as well.

• Backroom

I don't know but for their own marketing I imagine we will see this on our shirts next season:

Admin1%5CImage%5CVenkys.jpg

One idea would be to but the Rover's badge on boxes of eggs just to get the name known.

How about a statue of, or some kind of memorial to, Mahatma Gandhi behind the Darwen End?

Not only would it highlight the borough's long-established links to the sub-continent, by commemorating his famous 1931 visit, it might help discourage a whole generation of new fans referring to it as the Darwin End!

I have to be pessimistic here and say a couple of things:

1. We will not get significant Indian support without succeess on the pitch.

2. Asian support isnt anything like the money spinner people think it is. Where would our revenue stream come from? Most shirts sold are fakes, they can't attend matches and whilst Asian TV rights have been a huge source of income for the league, the rights are negotiated by the league and so how many fans we have there isn't relevant.

Buy Sunil Chhetri!

We could cut our losses and go for Michael Chopra

:lol:

I agree with tony gale's mic, the whole Indian market thing seems very wooly, TV revenues would be the prime income- but that is done on a collective basis anyway.

Yes, pre season tours to India, perhaps more Indian sponsors.

But, I still beleive that we can tap into areas of the region without top level football presence- Cumbria, North Lancs etc. soccer schools, trips to Ewood, free coaches etc.

You say this bruce, however would the Muslim community be any more interested in Rovers than they have in the past now a Hindu family have taken over?

I don't recall saying Muslim, I recall saying Asian. Think it's easy enough to assume I was talking about our rather large Indian populace. We have one of those too you know. Anyway, I didn't say it'd be easy, but probably a better bet than the subcontinent.

It is about 50% Indian and Pakistani, is it not?

I would like nothing more than to see such a big chunk of Blackburn's population taking it's rightful place as part of the Ewood Park experience,

However, there are large cultural differences between a Hindu family from Pune to the Muslim Pakistani and Gujurati populations of Blackburn.

Plus, it will take more than Indian owners to change the football allegiance of the vast majority of Blackburn's Asian population.

I really hope they do, because as you say it seems more likely than making us the team of India.

What are the other examples of a company from a certain country buying a foreign sports club, who play a sport that's not very popular in said country, leading to a sudden explosion of interest in said sport and said club?

I mean, I can see why it might generate some level of interest, and perhaps benefit us in a small way financially, but it's hard for me to wrap my mind around the idea that India, or even a small portion of India, will suddenly go Rovers mad.

I truly don't care about the halved away shirts. We're famous for the blue and white halves, not the red/black ones, or whatever else colours would be mixed.

Also, I really like our current away top.

YUCK!!!!!!!! Give me the halved away kit every time. I really liked the red/black halves. Best away kit Rovers have ever had IMO.

I liked the black with thin red stripes circa 1995.

Anyway, I also think we should set up an academy, but with add ons of providing a real education for poor kids etc. The PR would make us look like good eggs (sorry). We could alo help coache get their qualifications over there, and offer the best a chance to work at Brockhall.

I might be wrong but I'd imagine the focus of their marketing might be to introduce the brand to these shores rather than push BRFc in India. Business before pleasure remember.

Exposure to the UK market of the Venky brand name equal to what they would get from coverage of BRFC in the press and media would not come cheap.

http://www.venkys.com/archive/chicken/index.html

Archived