503 members have voted

1. 1. Are Venkys right to have stuffed \Big Sam

• Yes, glad hes flown the coop
    • I'd have given him a bit more time.
    • No, theyve cocked this up.

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That turned out to be Sam's list for starters.

And?? They didnt like Sams style - doesnt mean that sort of cash isnt whats on offer for the correct manager.

Then why sack Sam?!

To compete with Arsenal, Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea, Man City and Spurs we would need to spend BIG over a sustained period of time. Hundreds of millions. I doubt Venky's have that much money, since they were talking about leasing players and £5m transfer budgets.

Because probably around 80% moan about his style of play (regardless of results).

City, Arsenal, United & Chelsea yes....Spurs we have been VERY close to in the past with next to nothing, and Liverpool dont have the squad or money they have had in the past....Clearly it takes time - but there is nothing to suggest we couldnt finish top 10 this season, top 7 season after and then push on after that.

Why would nicko say they where preparing big cash to make a splash if thats not the case?

Then why sack Sam?!

When we spend that kind of money I'll believe it, but it was Allardyce that was looking at those players, there was nothing to say we'd buy them all in one.

To compete with Arsenal, Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea, Man City and Spurs we would need to spend BIG over a sustained period of time. Hundreds of millions. I doubt Venky's have that much money, since they were talking about leasing players and £5m transfer budgets.

saved me saying it :lol:

Being somewhere where posting on a message board is impossible, my wife is posting this by proxy. Just wanted to express my feelings.

WHAT THE FRIG?

Never before have I agreed with the evil one. S.A.F. is correct in this instance.

Shocked and slightly concerned that Maradona (spelling? I do not know sorry) has been talked to.

Reeling, angered and saddened. At least I am somewhere where built up aggression can be exercised.

Maybe not, but just maybe he could've stopped passing them the Vaseline before bending over...

Yeah, a few bad games a season against the top teams where we mightve got a point or two if we're lucky is more important than comfortably avoiding relegation to the point that we were as many points off relegation as we were from the top 4.

On a non existent transfer budget.

Every club that finished above us spent a lot more than us. Birmingham certainly did.

Some fans have a brain and look at the actual league table as an indicator of how well Sam did, whereas some fans think one or two bad results are more important.

Had we lost to Burnley it mightve been a different matter...

Maybe that's more a reflection of both being used to the stagnation of persistent mediocrity.

By better, I once saw someone sleeping in the stands. Summed it up for me.

'MORE than 7,000 people have voted on the Lancashire Telegraph website following the sacking of Sam Allardyce — and most say it was the wrong decision.

The unprecedented size of the vote - the biggest in the website's history - comes as the football world continues to condemn the dismissal.'

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/8737528.Lancashire_Telegraph_poll_result__over_5_000_say_Allardyce_sacking_was_wrong/?ref=mr

Think it is fairly obvious that those against Allardyce were very much in the minority.

And?? They didnt like Sams style - doesnt mean that sort of cash isnt whats on offer for the correct manager.

Because probably around 80% moan about his style of play (regardless of results).

City, Arsenal, United & Chelsea yes....Spurs we have been VERY close to in the past with next to nothing, and Liverpool dont have the squad or money they have had in the past....Clearly it takes time - but there is nothing to suggest we couldnt finish top 10 this season, top 7 season after and then push on after that.

Why would nicko say they where preparing big cash to make a splash if thats not the case?

We were VERY close to Spurs when they were a lot worse than they are now. Hughes' Rovers mightve been closer to todays' Spurs but would still not be anywhere near them. Look at how many points Spurs end up with this season and see whether we wouldve been close at any point since promotion.

Liverpool are going through a down spell but they'll be back around the top 4 again. New owner is pledging cash and foreign players will actually WANT to go to Liverpool. Getting rid of Woy will help too.

Fact is getting the best players will always be very hard because we'll need to offer even more money than the other clubs to get players to play for us. Even if we finish above Liverpool this season by some miracle, do you think the top players would prefer to come to us or them?!

And seriously Hughesy, will you ever give an opinion that isn't against the party line?! When Sam was in charge you were all for keeping him and against sacking him, now he's gone suddenly we have owners that know what they're doing!

The new owners are looking for a manager that won't have his own will and who'll slavishly follow the Kentaro party line. I suggest you apply.

'MORE than 7,000 people have voted on the Lancashire Telegraph website following the sacking of Sam Allardyce — and most say it was the wrong decision.

The unprecedented size of the vote - the biggest in the website's history - comes as the football world continues to condemn the dismissal.'

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/8737528.Lancashire_Telegraph_poll_result__over_5_000_say_Allardyce_sacking_was_wrong/?ref=mr

Think it is fairly obvious that those against Allardyce were very much in the minority.

Not wonder how many of those 7,000 would have had his contract renewed next summer?

Maybe that's more a reflection of both being used to the stagnation of persistent mediocrity.

He took over when we were 19th. We finished that season 15th. The following season we finished 10th. Under what definition can you call that 'stagnation'?

We were always going to stagnate this season, £0 was spent on the squad.

Not wonder how many of those 7,000 would have had his contract renewed next summer?

I'm not going to disagree with that, however anyone rejocing at sacking a competent manager just before a run of games that could have seen us more or less safe is absolutely idiotic in my view.

How many of those that wanted him sacked have immediately logged on to the LET website to vote.

Not many. On the other hand, those that didn't want him sacked will have immediately logged on to register their disgust?

As I said previously, statistically insignificant.

Good for entertainment and a narrative. But you would be ridiculed if you were using it to try and prove something.

Totally irrelevant.

That wasn't the question was it?!

That's not what the owners did after all.

I've always been behind Sam since he arrived and was very much against the sacking. But if he got us into a safe mid table/top 10 finish again this season AND there was also money to spend, I wouldn't be against a fresh approach.

How many of those that wanted him sacked have immediately logged on to the LET website to vote.

Not many. On the other hand, those that didn't want him sacked will have immediately logged on to register their disgust?

Good for entertainment and a narrative. But you would be ridiculed if you were using it to try and prove something.

Come off it Bucky, that poll has been running for two days, if you are pro Sam you are more likely to vote? Total claptrap.

More claptrap.

I don't think the natural reaction for the majority of people following a manager getting sacked is to find the nearest local news website to vote your disapproval.

Like any fan who supports it or is against it, it's to read more about it, possibly discuss it with fellow fans if you're a member of a forum etc. You then stumble across the poll to vote for it, but most people hardly go searching for one do they?

Even now it's 76% saying no - you can still vote in the poll.

To claim that most Rovers fans were pro his sacking is absolute rubbish.

Totally irrelevant.

That wasn't the question was it?!

That's not what the owners did after all.

I've always been behind Sam since he arrived and was very much against the sacking. But if he got us into a safe mid table/top 10 finish again this season AND there was also money to spend, I wouldn't be against a fresh approach.

Sam Allardyce. Fresh approach. Are you having a laugh?

We were VERY close to Spurs when they were a lot worse than they are now.

Even if we finish above Liverpool this season by some miracle, do you think the top players would prefer to come to us or them?!

And seriously Hughesy, will you ever give an opinion that isn't against the party line?! When Sam was in charge you were all for keeping him and against sacking him, now he's gone suddenly we have owners that know what they're doing!

Team always have blips...once they sell Bale or another key player it will affect them.

As for Liverpool pull - yes players would choose them 1st, no doubt. However we SHOULD be able to find a better manager than WOY!

And yes I do often....I didnt want Sam to go until summer....he's gone now though so why mope about? Get on with the next stage of our future. Im not saying they know what they are doing, im saying going off what we have been told, I doubt they are skint like people think & I dont we only have £5m for players coming in.

Six clubs have won more away games than BRFC this season. Do you not stop to check the facts before you come out with such stupidity?

Ok, i'll elaborate for you.

I've gone to away games all most of my life, not just this season !

Under Sam, the away games had become unbearable to the point that i stopped going.

This also included a bunch of us who stopped going because it became a waste of money.

Yes we won a few, whooppie. But god how shocking of an away side had we become under him.

Archived