Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BIG SAM GONE

Hughesy

503 members have voted

1. 1. Are Venkys right to have stuffed \Big Sam

• Yes, glad hes flown the coop
    • I'd have given him a bit more time.
    • No, theyve cocked this up.

The timing of the sacking is all wrong, I think everyone agrees on that. I think most people also agree that a parting of the waves in summer would have been for the best.

Lets put it this way, If Sam was still here and they ran a poll asking whether you want Sam to be manager in 12 months time, I am sure the vote would would be slightly weighted in the 'no' camp. Most people are up in arms because of the way we got rid of him, not because he's left.

Valid points, but we should remember, this is THEIR club, paid for with THEIR money, and after watching us HUMILIATE ourselves LIVE on telly at OT, beamed right across the globe, I bet they were lit up like a lightbulb, okay, we beat a poor Wolves team (And were lucky, especially in the first 20 mins) but then that abject performance at the Breezeblock? Again, LIVE on telly, again, across the globe.

I bet they decided that they had seen enough.

Okay, I don't agree with the timing, but from their perspective, Why trust a man you clearly don't, with more of your money and looking awful on the telly?

And let's be honest, if the away support inparticular, see signs of us wanting to get a result away, then will it all have been so bad when all the dust has settled?

Like I said, not my opinion, but please try and see it as they do, especially after they've worked so hard to buy us?

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The timing of the sacking is all wrong, I think everyone agrees on that. I think most people also agree that a parting of the waves in summer would have been for the best.

No-one knows that Windy. If he had been given the opportunity to bring in new players and our form and league position improved - why would any rational fan want him out?

Valid points, but we should remember, this is THEIR club, paid for with THEIR money, and after watching us HUMILIATE ourselves LIVE on telly at OT, beamed right across the globe, I bet they were lit up like a lightbulb, okay, we beat a poor Wolves team (And were lucky, especially in the first 20 mins) but then that abject performance at the Breezeblock? Again, LIVE on telly, again, across the globe.

I bet they decided that they had seen enough.

Okay, I don't agree with the timing, but from their perspective, Why trust a man you clearly don't, with more of your money and looking awful on the telly?

And let's be honest, if the away support inparticular, see signs of us wanting to get a result away, then will it all have been so bad when all the dust has settled?

Like I said, not my opinion, but please try and see it as they do, especially after they've worked so hard to buy us?

Dave, think your getting your wires crossed, I agree with you - I was responding to TGM's earlier ranting about most people wanting Allardyce to stay.

No-one knows that Windy. If he had been given the opportunity to bring in new players and our form and league position improved - why would any rational fan want him out?

...and if a new guy comes in and we end up challenging for a European place would any rational fan be remotely bothered about Sam?

One pattern I am noticing is that if the story currently doesn't fit, they change the whole story assuming nobody heard the earlier version.

Hence, Maradona was never under consideration and John Williams and Tom Finn never considered their positions when Sam was fired nor were there discussions about their situations at Ewood yesterday.

Do you not like to use the word 'lie'? It's much shorter you know.

That was an interesting interview you get the feeling Souness wouldn't have lasted long either with his 'Europe is only a distraction' mantra!

The key bit for me is her talk of this team deserve to be better etc etc, If she actually thinks that our existing team is capable of finishing fith if they play positively then she has her head in the clouds. If she was trying to indicate that with the addition of some good young players we could get there then fair play.

So once again Ms Desai. How much money ya got?

Basically what she said was, that they had a long term plan for the club and that Sam didn't fit into the plan because he wasn't ambitious enough. She said it wasn't due to differences over transfer policy, but that the defeat at Man U did have an influence as we went down without a fight.

She did say that kentaro were their main consultants.

She said that Kean would be in charge for the next few months but that they were looking for someone with more experience for the future.

She laughed off the Maradonna link.

It was a reasonable interview.

To be fair, I think people who order the hottest curry they do just to show what a big man they are, are worse. Real Indians don't eat Phals or Vindaloos, they are curries invented in England after seeing stupid English people thinking hotter=better.

In India, the curries are actually quite mild (compared to a Vindaloo that is anyway)

I agree. It is the same with chinese food. It is made to european tastes, but nothing in comparison to the stuff in the far east.

One pattern I am noticing is that if the story currently doesn't fit, they change the whole story assuming nobody heard the earlier version.

Hence, Maradona was never under consideration and John Williams and Tom Finn never considered their positions when Sam was fired nor were there discussions about their situations at Ewood yesterday.

It could also mean that there are certain people in the media who want the first indian owners of a premier league football club to fail. People setting out to make the Venky's look and sound stupid. For some reason Rovers is a club that people - who do not support the club - like to hate.

Can the title of this thread please be changed from BIG SAM GONE to 'thenodrog's personal trolling thread' to reflect the last few pages.

Thank you.

Agreed. If people want to write insults to each other, provoke etc etc do it via Pm. I do not understand why they think the rest of us are interested in their pathetic tittle tattle.

After listening to Mrs D on the Bee, I have to say Sam copped it for that 7-1 defeat at Old Trafford- that was the unsaid sub-text to everything she was saying.

If that is the case it is pretty understandable. We were all livid. If she read this MB after that match, it was amazing Sam lasted for two more games. Most were calling for his head. Not for the score line, but the manner in which it was done. The lack of desire, surrendering the match etc.

If she or somebody else has read this message board from the Venky's - which I suggest they may well have been doing - then she has given what the fans wanted, after that Man U game.

Most of us wanted it. But if you had just paid 40 odd million for a football club, then invite your friends to come and see your new purchase play Man U - what an embarrassing position to be in. Yet Sam lasted a few more matches. I think if I had been the owner at that time, he would have gone before the start of the 6pm news - maybe even at half time I would have said don't come back for the second half.

How did we all feel after that match - embarrased to say the least.

From what I heard on 5live the concern I have is that the owners have delusions of grandeur. Sam didnt aim for the top 5 because we havent got the capability to get there. There is no shame in that. I fear that, unless significant investment arrives this could be a very rocky ride.

On the positive, Iam far more reassured about Kean. I, like many hadnt heard much about this guy, but he does sound like he could do a decent job. West Ham is a huge game now.

" People are setting out to make the Venkys look and sound stupid ". Really , the way I see it the Venkys are giving these people all the ammunition they need.

Venkys did what they thought they had to do. They want Blackburn Rovers to be a massive name in Asia and anywhere else they have a potential market for their products. They can't do this with a team that gets regular thrashings from the current glamour clubs and is condemned in the media for its "hoofball" or "bully-boy tactics" or its "non-football philosophy". They hope that they can put together a leadership team that can improve the Rovers' image and reputation - create a team that people get excited about! (Remember those days?)

Sam's pragmatic approach was never going to fit their business model. I think it was the head of Venkys herself that said that the sacking was a calculated gamble. Well, it sure is a gamble alright - if they pull it off I will look to buy some Venky shares because that lady will be established as something of a miracle worker!

". They hope that they can put together a leadership team that can improve the Rovers' image and reputation - create a team that people get excited about! (Remember those days?)

All well and good but creating such a team requires vast sums of money, certainly more than £5m in the next transfer window. And there's nothing exciting about a potential relegation battle with a young and inexperienced caretaker manager at the helm. Unless you think dicing with potentiial oblivion is exciting of course.

If that is the case it is pretty understandable. We were all livid. If she read this MB after that match, it was amazing Sam lasted for two more games. Most were calling for his head. Not for the score line, but the manner in which it was done. The lack of desire, surrendering the match etc.

If she or somebody else has read this message board from the Venky's - which I suggest they may well have been doing - then she has given what the fans wanted, after that Man U game.

Most of us wanted it. But if you had just paid 40 odd million for a football club, then invite your friends to come and see your new purchase play Man U - what an embarrassing position to be in. Yet Sam lasted a few more matches. I think if I had been the owner at that time, he would have gone before the start of the 6pm news - maybe even at half time I would have said don't come back for the second half.

How did we all feel after that match - embarrased to say the least.

We were all embarrassed but on what basis can you say "most" wanted Sam to be sacked? I don't think so and the current poll we're running says otherwise.

- let's see how some of the teams playing amazing football get on when they get on a losing run early next year.

And lets hope we are not one of them!

Put a poll up saying – Was you happy with Big Sams approach to games, our tactics and our style….see what the results are then – it will probably say 90% are not happy with it.

What does that say?? :rock:

Or put another poll up saying – are you happy how Sam approaches games against bigger teams differently & rests key players – again most people would vote not happy. What does that say??

So the fans are NOT happy with his style, his tactics, his approach...but keep him?? :wacko: Na - MOST would replace him - its the uncertainty around the replacement that is causing the mayhem and massive vote against.

If the vote said – would you be happy to replace Sam Allardyce with O’Neill, Moyes or Jol?

The Vote would be MUCH higher in favour of a sacking. All about entering the unknown...people are scared of change!

Bloody hell! You've changed your tune!

I wonder how Diouf (x2), Salgado, N'Zonzi and Kalinic feel about Desai suggesting Sam gets 9/10 transfers wrong.

I also wonder if she realizes that in order to do very well in the transfer market, you need some cash to play with. Allardyce had almost none of that. (Yes he paid 6m for Kalinic, and he has not been a success. Yet.)

Do they have any sense of realism at all? Do they have the money to support their "goals"? Do they not have a PR-team?

Archived