Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BIG SAM GONE

Hughesy

503 members have voted

1. 1. Are Venkys right to have stuffed \Big Sam

• Yes, glad hes flown the coop
    • I'd have given him a bit more time.
    • No, theyve cocked this up.

What an absolute idiot you are. Please come see me on Saturday and tell me that to my face.

I went to Bolton last week and i also enjoyed the match. We played well and should have won. We didnt.

Which? The bit about enjoying the match at Bolton or the bit about your inability to have independent thought? :P

Hey Gordo,

I'm making a spreadsheet of all the posters who have a willy dangling off their head.

And guess what?

You're on it!

Very good. How about making one for the train spotters and pigeon fanciers who will have egg on their faces next May?

btw I thought you would be busy providing the statistics to back up your previous claim as I asked. Do that first.

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Direct quote from Mrs Desai yesterday.

"We thought about Maradona as a coach after we took over. Talks were at the initial stage then but there is no development on that front yet."

Yeah but today she said he was never in contention... BTW, not a pop at you, twas more a comment on the new owners ever changing comments. My thinking is they were going for the Belly of Buddha (artist formerly known as Hand of God) saw the media's reaction and then retracted it as even a possibility today.

Yeah but today she said he was never in contention... BTW, not a pop at you, twas more a comment on the new owners ever changing comments. My thinking is they were going for the Belly of Buddha (artist formerly known as Hand of God) saw the media's reaction and then retracted it as even a possibility today.

My guess is he did.

Gordon get a grip for heaven's sake. It's still the same Club you've always supported.

All the new owners have done is get rid of a very average manager. Whether they replace him with a better or worse one remains to be seen.

There is no devious masterplan from the Walkers or a cat in hells chance they will ever buy us back - they couldn't wait to get rid of us.

Absolute nonsense Simon, and you know it.

Rovers is a completely different club to the one that existed pre- takeover, and to demean Sam Allardyce as a "very average" manager is a ludicrous statement,

And the Walkers were devious too - they flogged Rovers for the highest price under the pretence that "safeguards" were in place to protect the future running of the club. Within 4 weeks of the takeover we know that is not true.

Mrs D clearly dropped her guard by talking to her local paper...and telling the truth...the key word was 'after' they took over.

Now Mrs D has changed the time-scale which just does not fit at all and says it was 'before' they took over...why would you talk to Diego's people if you don't have a club?

Diego doesn't appear to want to know.

But there is no escaping the fact that there was contact.

By the way, the woman on Sky Sports News doesn't sound that much like the woman on The Bee.

Do you think they have been duped. Had to withdraw the 'line' pretty quickly.

An exclusive interview with the rovers owners at 7.15pm on BBC Radio 5 live!!!

Guess we will all be listening 2 it.

Oh no, not another interview!

Wonder what they will reveal now...Tony Blair as a candidate for Chairman? Bill Gates?

Or maybe they'll deny any knowledge to Rovers and talk about their chickens... :closedeyes:

Oh no, not another interview!

Wonder what they will reveal now...Tony Blair as a candidate for Chairman? Bill Gates?

Or maybe they'll deny any knowledge to Rovers and talk about their chickens... :closedeyes:

I imagine this will be the interview.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/blackburn_rovers/9290941.stm

Finding some of this stuff hard to believe.

From admitting Diego approach to total denial.

Steve Kean gets praise, but not as much as there has been.

But he will certainly be there in window when the transfers are done.

Gives Sam some fierce stick about his signings...that is new.

Nicko, do you have the same opinion as me that they just don't seem to understand that the worlds media are

Scrutinising them. They seem happy to change their story with every interview they make.

They don't seem to grasp the fact that we are all looking at all of these interviews.

Nicko, do you have the same opinion as me that they just don't seem to understand that the worlds media are

Scrutinising them. They seem happy to change their story with every interview they make.

They don't seem to grasp the fact that we are all looking at all of these interviews.

I have to agree with you.

I cut them some slack yesterday after trying to work out the apparently misleading lines coming out.

However it gets my back up when they change major details like the Maradona thing...and what sort of length of time Steve Kean has in charge.

The BBC interview goes too far as well...and certainly gives me a story for tomorrow. ;)

An exclusive interview with the rovers owners at 7.15pm on BBC Radio 5 live!!!

Guess we will all be listening 2 it.

Ladbrokes have opened a book on how many times the 'owners' put their foot in it during the interview. Got 6 times at evens.

One pattern I am noticing is that if the story currently doesn't fit, they change the whole story assuming nobody heard the earlier version.

Hence, Maradona was never under consideration and John Williams and Tom Finn never considered their positions when Sam was fired nor were there discussions about their situations at Ewood yesterday.

Totally irrelevant.

That wasn't the question was it?!

That's not what the owners did after all.

I've always been behind Sam since he arrived and was very much against the sacking. But if he got us into a safe mid table/top 10 finish again this season AND there was also money to spend, I wouldn't be against a fresh approach.

The timing of the sacking is all wrong, I think everyone agrees on that. I think most people also agree that a parting of the waves in summer would have been for the best.

Lets put it this way, If Sam was still here and they ran a poll asking whether you want Sam to be manager in 12 months time, I am sure the vote would would be slightly weighted in the 'no' camp. Most people are up in arms because of the way we got rid of him, not because he's left.

Archived