503 members have voted

1. 1. Are Venkys right to have stuffed \Big Sam

• Yes, glad hes flown the coop
    • I'd have given him a bit more time.
    • No, theyve cocked this up.

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Correcto! (Although you've spelt my bloody name incorrectly - git :P)

The sun still rose this morning, I haven't given up eating curry etc.

Please accept my apologies Bryan.

I've not seen the sun for days.....but I had a curry earlier in the week :tu:

I can't decide if, when posting, you think you are being funny or you are the caricature of the nerdy keyboard warrior. Perhaps we should run a poll...

I can't decide if, when posting, you talk absolute gubbins deliberately to get people disagreeing with you, or whether you believe half the stuff you write. Perhaps we should run a poll...

By the way, for someone who has frequently been obsessed with commenting on my posts re "personal insults", I do wonder why you jumped in and offered one of your own with no provocation whatsoever.

I think if anyone of us is a "nerdy keyboard warrior", that would be you...

Put a poll up saying – Was you happy with Big Sams approach to games, our tactics and our style….see what the results are then – it will probably say 90% are not happy with it.

What does that say?? :rock:

Or put another poll up saying – are you happy how Sam approaches games against bigger teams differently & rests key players – again most people would vote not happy. What does that say??

So the fans are NOT happy with his style, his tactics, his approach...but keep him?? :wacko: Na - MOST would replace him - its the uncertainty around the replacement that is causing the mayhem and massive vote against.

If the vote said – would you be happy to replace Sam Allardyce with O’Neill, Moyes or Jol?

The Vote would be MUCH higher in favour of a sacking. All about entering the unknown...people are scared of change!

I can't decide if, when posting, you talk absolute gubbins deliberately to get people disagreeing with you, or whether you believe half the stuff you write. Perhaps we should run a poll...

By the way, for someone who has frequently been obsessed with commenting on my posts re "personal insults", I do wonder why you jumped in and offered one of your own with no provocation whatsoever.

I think if anyone of us is a "nerdy keyboard warrior", that would be you...

No need for the poll then!

• Backroom

Why can't some people accept others views without trying to prove them wrong?

It doesn't matter if Sam had us winning some games and in tenth last season the fact is some hated the football we played and simply didn't enjoy going - this is unarguable it's a fact.

I havnt seen many say he was a flat out bad manager but watching your team play for free kicks then have the keeper launch it under the bar whilst we try and distract their keeper isn't entertaining for some.

Seems a lot of people who defended Sams style are people who don't pay to go on every other week.

I personally think it's a bad decision but would have liked him out in the summer but I'm not so arrogant to belittle other peoples views on it.

Blackburn get above themselves: Sam Allardyce won't be jobless for long

They seem to have decided, in fact, that Blackburn can do better than simply operate in a mid-table comfort bubble under Allardyce, taking the occasional heavy beating but usually picking up enough points to stay out of relegation trouble. They might be right too, and all they have to do now is prove it by finding the new Brian Clough or Rafa Benítez, someone who can take over what looks to everyone else like an umpromising outfit and send it shooting up the table by sheer force of personality or tactical acumen. If they can do that, fine. If they cannot, Blackburn's owners may eventually come to realise that the club under Allardyce was actually punching above its weight, doing as well as could be reasonably expected at a time when most avenues to success are closed off by vast sums of money.

Rafa Benitez?

Or put another poll up saying – are you happy how Sam approaches games against bigger teams differently & rests key players – again most people would vote not happy. What does that say??

Wow...

So the fans are NOT happy with his style, his tactics, his approach...but keep him?? :wacko: Na - MOST would replace him - its the uncertainty around the replacement that is causing the mayhem and massive vote against.

If the vote said – would you be happy to replace Sam Allardyce with O’Neill, Moyes or Jol?

The Vote would be MUCH higher in favour of a sacking. All about entering the unknown...people are scared of change!

People aren't scared of change, people are scared of what consequences a baffling decision might have. There's a reason why people wanted to wait til the end of the season.

And that there is where I appear to differ in opinion from many of the recent posters.

Supporting Blackburn Rovers was, for me, becoming a chore.

And it is, afterall, supposed to be a hobby.

Jackson, I am with you. WIP mentioned that at Bolton it was hard on the eyes but got results. That aint good enough for me.

When Keegan was in charge of NUFC the first time around, I was working in Newcastle every week and got invited to a few games. Talk about edge of your seat stuff - they went hell for leather in every game. If the opponent scored three they tried to get four. I saw some unbeliveable attacking football that was worth every penny to watch. Even in defeat the geordies knew that they had got value for money. They survived playing like this, so why couldnt we?

I am not sad to see Allardyce go.

Its exciting times ahead.

One Love - BRFC

They survived playing like this, so why couldnt we?

Is that when they were playing with a £20 million strike force and the likes of Ginola?

Newcastle spent big back then. If it's that simple, why couldn't Keegan create an exciting team ever again?

Supporting Blackburn Rovers was, for me, becoming a chore.

And it is, afterall, supposed to be a hobby.

Sums up my feelings exactly. So much so that 3 times this season I have decided to stay at home rather than go to the match, purely because I wasn't enjoying the awful excuse for football that was being dished up.

I am not expecting the quality of Arsenal, but hopefully we might see the ball played at ground level a bit more.

All they said was an Englishman who has played in the EPL, it could be hundreds.

I don't know who I'm hoping for anymore. Shearer?

Any manager worth his salt would not be seen dead at BRFC now. We'll only be able to attract useless chancers. 2 days on and I still cannot believe how terminally stupid those SDM's have turned out to be.

Good lad, keep it up. Just so long as it wasn't a pansy korma.

Lime pickle, poppadams, onion bhaji, chicken vindaloo and naan is good for what ails ya.

I was informed by an Indian friend that everytime someone orders a Korma a curry fairy dies.

Any manager worth his salt would not be seen dead at BRFC now. We'll only be able to attract useless chancers. 2 days on and I still cannot believe how terminally stupid those SDM's have turned out to be.

How dare they decide who they don't want to work with.

You SDH

Its exciting times ahead.

One Love - BRFC

Feelin ya there bruvva!!! :brfcsmilie:

I have had my worries about what might or might not be happening, but have come to the conclusion that whatever happens it's got to be more exciting than some of the stuff we have been subject to over the last 2 seasons, allthough there have been some brilliant games, in the majority it has been pecentage football, and at times it has pretty much angered me!!!

I can only think that now, we might see Steve Keane play 4-4-2 & we might get to see the best out of Niko Kalinic playing up top with another striker, we might also see Jonesy back at the heart of the defence where he belongs.

Whoever they bring, we have to trust them & hope that they make the right decisions regarding the club, even if we don't agree with what they do, we need to get behind the team that Steve Keane puts on the pitch. These guys obviously have some ideas for the club & want to do it their way, and at the end of the day, they have spent £50m+ on buying the club & clearing debt, they are not going to watch that investment slide down the pan.

I am scared but I am going to lay my trust in these chaps & see what they come up with, if it all goes wrong then we will be left to pick up the pieces, but I've been a Rovers fan all my life & some new owners with radical ideas aren't goint to shake my faith in them!!!

COME ON YOU BLUES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wanting entertaining football & sacking Sam.

Not knowing much about football & hiring advisors

Both logical

That post alone will cause you to change your board name before too long.

Perehaps entertainment is the wrong word as it conjures up images of going to the flicks or the circus. For me it's all about adrenalin and excitement. Didn't happen ever match under any manager, but it was the prospect of it that kept me hooked. Under Allardyce there wasn't any with no propsect that there ever would be. I enjoyed his first 6 months more than the rest because there was adrenalin brought about by our precarious position - every game mattered, hell, every kick mattered. Since then, nothing.

So despite being the poor relations in the Prem what you are actually saying is that Allardyce was a victim of his own success.

Right. :rolleyes:

"Allardyce's former chairman at Blackburn, John Williams, is expected to remain at the club despite his deep concern at recent events. Williams and the managing director, Tom Finn, held extensive talks with Blackburn's new owners yesterday but, in the interest of short-term stability at Ewood, have decided against resigning from their posts."

Financial inducement if ever I saw one. Reverse Gardening leave even! Play golf in warmer climes most weeks until May and then stroll off into the sunset with loadsamoney. :) Good on you John and Tom.... I hope and trust that you've pulled their stupid necks right out over this.

Don't see that this is justified. Have you any evidence to back this u? I am sure they both care about Rovers and they may well be a steadying hand on the tiller. Who knows what the new owners would do left to their own devices.

However like many of us you have every right to be angry and upset about matters in general.

Anyone ordering a korma would be a curry fairy in my book.

To be fair, I think people who order the hottest curry they do just to show what a big man they are, are worse. Real Indians don't eat Phals or Vindaloos, they are curries invented in England after seeing stupid English people thinking hotter=better.

In India, the curries are actually quite mild (compared to a Vindaloo that is anyway)

Well, it is pretty much a fact that Kentaro are heavily involved with our transfer dealings, since multiple sources have said this including nicko, and multiple sources have also said that they clashed with Allardyce about differences of opinion on transfer lists.

Some posters seem to be so illogical in their stances that I swear they must be plants by one of the Burnley messageboards.

Backing Ince, supporting the sacking of Sam and being pro our new owners would seem to place you very much in that camp...

Had we gone for someone like Jol then maybe, but as things stand with Kentaro wanting so much control most managers worth their salt wouldn't touch us with a ten foot bargepole.

Anybody who backed the appointment of Paul Ince has as much credibility as a tub of lard imo.

Tell you what I might make a spreadsheet of a. those who welcomed Ince and b. those who welcomed the sacking of Allardyce. Should be revealing.

Feelin ya there bruvva!!! :brfcsmilie:

I have had my worries about what might or might not be happening, but have come to the conclusion that whatever happens it's got to be more exciting than some of the stuff we have been subject to over the last 2 seasons, allthough there have been some brilliant games, in the majority it has been pecentage football, and at times it has pretty much angered me!!!

I can only think that now, we might see Steve Keane play 4-4-2 & we might get to see the best out of Niko Kalinic playing up top with another striker, we might also see Jonesy back at the heart of the defence where he belongs.

Whoever they bring, we have to trust them & hope that they make the right decisions regarding the club, even if we don't agree with what they do, we need to get behind the team that Steve Keane puts on the pitch. These guys obviously have some ideas for the club & want to do it their way, and at the end of the day, they have spent £50m+ on buying the club & clearing debt, they are not going to watch that investment slide down the pan.

I am scared but I am going to lay my trust in these chaps & see what they come up with, if it all goes wrong then we will be left to pick up the pieces, but I've been a Rovers fan all my life & some new owners with radical ideas aren't goint to shake my faith in them!!!

COME ON YOU BLUES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well said that man !

Archived