503 members have voted

1. 1. Are Venkys right to have stuffed \Big Sam

• Yes, glad hes flown the coop
    • I'd have given him a bit more time.
    • No, theyve cocked this up.

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jeez, as if arguing about the owners wasn't bad enough, we now argue about what curries to eat.

My comments were tongue-in-cheek, and in fact last time I was down an Indian (well, Nepalese, actually) restaurant I had a chicken jeera.

I don't think the vindaloo was invented in England, it's actually goanese. They speak (or spoke) portuguese in Goa, and teh vindaloo was flavoured with wine (vinho) and garlic (alhos?). So no, it wasn't invented in England to please big stupid macho men.

Six clubs have won more away games than BRFC this season. Do you not stop to check the facts before you come out with such stupidity?

One club has lost more away games than BRFC this season. I guess you know what I'm going to ask next.....

Anybody who backed the appointment of Paul Ince has as much credibility as a tub of lard imo.

Tell you what I might make a spreadsheet of a. those who welcomed Ince and b. those who welcomed the sacking of Allardyce. Should be revealing.

I'm flattered.

Maybe we could also correlate views on Ince/Venky's with views expressed on ICBINF.

Should be interesting.

SGW

If you want entertainment go to the bloody pictures not a football ground. Thats where you dreamers who think you know football all go wrong.

You're views on football are antiquated. Sam is a relic. He will be picked up by desperate teams and be moved on at the first opportunity.

I would like to see him in the England job. Although that would further damage our already terrible reputation.

Sam Allardyce. Fresh approach. Are you having a laugh?

I think you need to read things more slowly.

Jackson it's your arm that's supposed to go up a cows arse not your head. Anyway dear boy I think you should back off now cos TGM's a proper Doctor... not a failed one. :P

Ok, i'll elaborate for you.

I've gone to away games all most of my life, not just this season !

Under Sam, the away games had become unbearable to the point that i stopped going.

This also included a bunch of us who stopped going because it became a waste of money.

Yes we won a few, whooppie. But god how shocking of an away side had we become under him.

You are a herd animal. You are like someone who walks down a street at 3.00pm asking people the time. You know full well it's 3pm but when everybody tells you it's 4.pm you end up believing them........ and then repeating it.

I went to Bolton last week and enjoyed the match. What was wrong with it.

Not really LeChuck. If a poll was conducted asking should Allardyce be the club manager in the long term, I firmly believe that most would vote "no".

I think the major disagreement here is over the timing, not the action.

Maybe but I'll wager that if we delay that poll 12 6 months there will be an overwhelming YES. Trouble with football supporters is that most simply don't understand the game.

And that there is where I appear to differ in opinion from many of the recent posters.

Supporting Blackburn Rovers was, for me, becoming a chore.

And it is, afterall, supposed to be a hobby.

Now this is odd! You are the first person that I have ever known to describe supporting a football team as a 'hobby'.

If you want a hobby per se you should stick to collecting stamps or train spotting.

Steve Kean has one hell of a job on.

He'd have had a better chance two years ago. Allardyce is way too tough an act to follow for a greenhorn.

Many more people feel the same, some argue thats not the case and don't even go to matches, so make of that what you will.

Allardyce has gone, good riddance.

The mask had slipped now it's come off altogether.

Doesn't really matter though Brian does it? the manager has gone and we move on down.

Corrected for you.

Sums up my feelings exactly. So much so that 3 times this season I have decided to stay at home rather than go to the match, purely because I wasn't enjoying the awful excuse for football that was being dished up.

I am not expecting the quality of Arsenal, but hopefully we might see the ball played at ground level a bit more.

Yes mjs exactly like we did with Ince in charge.

Just had this pointed out to me on that F***wit365 site.

How do you feel now, ladies?

Have a word, Scotty...

Best Of British

Daily Mirror 'exclusive' by friend of Mediawatch Alan Nixon: 'Blackburn Rovers want Diego Maradona to replace Sam Allardyce.'

Venky's chairman Anuradha Desai: "Our thinking now is that it will be a British manager."

Tell us Alan, is Buenos Aires now in Norfolk?

Do the latest quotes fom our Iron Lady mean you owe Football365 an apology nicko ;)

"This is something [the reports on Maradona] that because we have offices everywhere somebody [Alan Nixon] spoke about, but it is not true. There is no connection.

"This is something from before we got into the EPL - he knows one of our friends, but nothing beyond that.

"He is not being considered, not now and forever for the future. I can assure you there is nothing we are having to do with Maradona."

Bloddy hell, this thread reminds me of why I'm glad I can't get to Ewood on a regular basis. You are one depressing, pessimistic, infighting lot!

Me, I'm asd to see the back of Allardyce right now, because teams sacking managers midseason have an appauling track record in my mind, and I fear that this signs the doom of our relegation, no matter how pretty our football. No matter how many bows Pedersen wears in his hair, if the players struggle for form as a result of backroom turmoil, change in tactics, they don't like the new masseuse, etc... then we end up in the championship, Venky's will dump us (as a champ club likely doesn't fit their mold for a PR vehicle), and we tailspin. For that reason, dumping sam mid season was a mistake.

Now, you want to try and find the pablo picasso of the coaching world to turn our football into an art, you do it in the offseason, where you have time to change the squad and the training, and the approach, and get folks on board. Trying to do that, especially in the midst of the congested holiday fixture season is absurdly poor planning.

From an entertainment standpoint, I can see the entertainment value in Keith Andrews and Jason Jason Roberts playing total football. But I'd prefer points to laughs, personal choice though.

Don't see that this is justified. Have you any evidence to back this u? I am sure they both care about Rovers and they may well be a steadying hand on the tiller. Who knows what the new owners would do left to their own devices.

However like many of us you have every right to be angry and upset about matters in general.

Montfort or Doubting Thomas? I've no evidence Montfort but then I don't have any evidence that air exists except that I am still alive. :)

However how about the fact that I predicted as much 2 days ago and before the SDM's met Finn and Williams?

here.......

http://www.brfcs.co.uk/mb/index.php/topic/23864-john-williams-and-tom-finn-going-ssn-believes-so-brfcscom-believes-otherwise/page__view__findpost__p__987612

;)

You are a herd animal. You are like someone who walks down a street at 3.00pm asking people the time. You know full well it's 3pm but when everybody tells you it's 4.pm you end up believing them........ and then repeating it.

I went to Bolton last week and enjoyed the match. What was wrong with it.

What an absolute idiot you are. Please come see me on Saturday and tell me that to my face.

I went to Bolton last week and i also enjoyed the match. We played well and should have won. We didnt.

Anybody who backed the appointment of Paul Ince has as much credibility as a tub of lard imo.

Tell you what I might make a spreadsheet of a. those who welcomed Ince and b. those who welcomed the sacking of Allardyce. Should be revealing.

Hey Gordo,

I'm making a spreadsheet of all the posters who have a willy dangling off their head.

And guess what?

You're on it!

After reading the last few pages I swear some people are actually enjoying this as having a moan and the chance to pollute the board with more total rubbish is why they post.

This thread needs nuking from orbit.

Strong feelings Joe. That's why more than 7000 have bothered to post their feelings on the LT site. I doubt any fan with real feelings for the club don't have strong views, one way or the other.

He'd have had a better chance two years ago. Allardyce is way too tough an act to follow for a greenhorn.

He'd have had a better chance if they had given it to him permanently Gord. Not they should have done, mind.

Do the latest quotes fom our Iron Lady mean you owe Football365 an apology nicko ;)

Direct quote from Mrs Desai yesterday.

"We thought about Maradona as a coach after we took over. Talks were at the initial stage then but there is no development on that front yet."

Strong feelings Joe. That's why more than 7000 have bothered to post their feelings on the LT site. I doubt any fan with real feelings for the club don't have strong views, one way or the other.

I think he's commenting more on the infighting vs. the strong opinions.

I think blah blah blah was teh right thing to do, den thinks it was not, or vice versa. Fair 'nuff, we get worked up and argue our point, fair 'nuff.

I then insult your intelligence, and you insult my parentage, umm....

10 others jump into the slag fest. hunh?

100 posts later we're off topic and discussing nukes from orbit and spreadsheets with head-attached male genitalia. whoa baby.

Archived