Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BIG SAM GONE

Hughesy

503 members have voted

1. 1. Are Venkys right to have stuffed \Big Sam

• Yes, glad hes flown the coop
    • I'd have given him a bit more time.
    • No, theyve cocked this up.

"Sir Alex Ferguson has predicted a bleak future for Blackburn as the club's new owners revealed they sacked Allardyce because he was not the man to take them into the Champions League. Venky's chairwoman, Anuradha Desai, claimed that the first-team coach Steve Kean could remain in charge for "a couple of months" as they consider potential replacements."

Fergie should concentrate on whats happening at united and keep his nose out of our business.

So ... Steve Kean will take over for the time being ... for the next two months ... until the end of the season ... for the next two weeks. Honestly, it really is such a mess.

According to the telegraph, he has the same odds of being in charge permanently as Maradona at 8/1

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So ... Steve Kean will take over for the time being ... for the next two months ... until the end of the season ... for the next two weeks. Honestly, it really is such a mess.

Exactly Bryan. We are the nations laughing stock.

btw ....I'm beginning to wonder if they've even told him yet.

. We pay to watch football and be entertained. Sam does not entertain.

You've been put right on this so many times but it still doesn't sink in. Football's (any sport) is about winning. End of.

Hope you enjoy the "entertainment" in the Championship and lower.

I know, what the hell, I am starting to think they are a bit crazy, this would be SO FUNNY is it was Newcastle.

Latest on new manager

On the departure of Blackburn Rovers team manager, Sam Allardyce, and his deputy, Neil McDonald, Desai said they were looking for a former EPL player. The name will be finalised in 10 days.

“We are looking for a local (Englishman) who had played in the EPL. Steve Kean, who has taken over as manager with immediate

effect, is good,” she added.

So we have a replacement

in two months

end of the season

within ten days.

The replacement will be

British

Maradona

in a job currently and we are talking to his Chairman

an English former EPL player

Please will Venky's get their PR act together and understand that reporting standards and use of English in India and the UK are different.

This latest piece from Pune could very easily be running the appointment at the Academy in India and the Rovers appointment into each other and causing the confusion.

Exactly jim, I go to Ewood to watch us win, I am entertained by us winning and the club propsering. winning football ensures the PL, ensures a better quality of player and ensures publicity for the club.

If we played 'entertaining football' in the lower leagues our crowds would be considerably lower, why would that be?

If others, feel different than that is up to them, I am aware that winning football and what accyrover and others see as 'entertaining football' are not mutually exclusive for a club like Rovers, but it is a risk.

So we have a replacement

in two months

end of the season

within ten days.

The replacement will be

British

Maradona

in a job currently and we are talking to his Chairman

an English former EPL player

Please will Venky's get their PR act together and understand that reporting standards and use of English in India and the UK are different.

This latest piece from Pune could very easily be running the appointment at the Academy in India and the Rovers appointment into each other and causing the confusion.

I would love them to come out properly and let us know what is happening. Maybe all three together in one interview. This should also be done down at Ewood to all the press.

The thing is you are correct, but Venky's seem to be totally going the wrong way around bridging the gap. As a club we were stable and well run but obviously needed more money for transfers. So, to sack a manager mid season, almost drive the senior executives out the door and get into bed with agents when all the club needed, espscially in the short term was more capital investment is kamikaze management.

Mattyblue I think most people expected Sam to stay till summer then go (I certainly did). That would have made more sense, especially without a manager lined up. However, I'm going to play devils advocate.

Venkys may feel that they have found their man already at the club. After all what offers more continuity than promoting from within? Not glamorous, but neither was Moyes when he started off.

Their next concern is that whilst Keen may be good, he won't be a big enough name to attract any quality signings - so they look to appoint a talismanic figurehead in a director of football role. He attracts the players and delivers the positive PR and club morale.

They have given Keen half a season to see if he is the man they think he is.

The key to all of this is do they have the finances to spend upwards of 30 million improving the team with quality or are they relying on some has beens from Kentaro on loan? They also need to have the money to bail us out if it all goes pear shaped.

It's a bold plan and potentially an exciting one - but before they started the roller coaster I really wish they'd be upfront about what finances they have!

I would love them to come out properly and let us know what is happening. Maybe all three together in one interview. This should also be done down at Ewood to all the press.

Now that would be funny. They could have a row about what they're going to do in the middle of the presser.

Totally agree, def. NOT what is needed right now.

I'm not sure. If it's the same Pearce that last managed in the Prem then no, but he had experienced quite a lot since then. He might be a better manager for it. We need someone who can make a success of our business model. I don't really care who it is, he just has to make it work.

Exactly jim, I go to Ewood to watch us win, I am entertained by us winning and the club propsering. winning football ensures the PL, ensures a better quality of player and ensures publicity for the club.

If we played 'entertaining football' in the lower leagues our crowds would be considerably lower, why would that be?

Would you stop going if we were in the Championship playing entertaining football?

Is it possible that the fans who would stop going are more likley to be following Rovers simply because they are in the Prem? Those with a love of the club, not its staus would still attend the lower leagues - granted that might only be around 6k!

I'd be absolutely gutted with Pearce. He's a dunce...

Too true- has a certain attraction for the agenda of Jerome Anderson though doesn't it?

Focussing on Sam, thefollowing is rather more certain than anything is at Rovers at the moment:

1) Sam will not be unemployed for long

2) He is quite likely to become Manager of another Rovers-sized PL club

3) That club will then do the double over us, repeatedly

4) That club will hog one of the places 5 to 10 making a top half finish even more difficult for Rovers.

Repeat the above often enough and you might even come to believe it one day I'm sure Accy..... but you'd better be quick, May will likely see us down.

I agree. We probably wll go down, simply on the back of the new owners knowing bugger all about running a football club and installing a useless manager a la Dave Jones.

Accyrover

I think Sam returning to bite us in the backside as he surely will is the least of our worries at present.

My biggest hope that Mrs D quickly realises that she has to avoid a global image of

Venky's = incompetence

is the brand moniker Monday's events are going to create if they don't smarten up immediately.

Archived